This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll put this here and in the college thread:

Bobby Petrino has resigned his position as coach of the Atlanta Falcons and is negotiating an agreement to become the new coach at the University of Arkansas, sources told ESPN.

Petrino leaves Falcons for Arkansas job! What a loser! Couldn't even stick out a season! I may have respected him more if he waited until after the season was over. Hell, by then, the LSU job may have come open again .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

How did this not get posted? JR, you and I get our wish

Orton
      I think all Chicago fans got their wish. It's time to see if he can be the future, or just another bad Chicago QB
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

I think all Chicago fans got their wish. It's time to see if he can be the future, or just another bad Chicago QB
        Ming, if they will invest in protection for him, I think he will do a very good job for you. Honestly, first chance I got, Rex and Brian would be shipped out and bring in another QB to mirror Orton, just in case
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I dunno, Rex looked pretty good the last few games. If the O-line can't defend, all the Chicago QB's will get shipped out- to the locker room for X-rays.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Spygate Part II: Revenge is a dish best servered cold

NEW YORK (Ticker) - Apparently, the New England Patriots aren't the only team that uses cameras.

According to a report in Wednesday's Newsday, NFL sources familiar with the situation said that the New York Jets were caught using a video-taping device during a game against the Patriots in Foxborough last season, which resulted in the removal of a Jets' employee.

Gillette Stadium officials noticed the employee recording the game from the mezzanine level between the scoreboard and a "decorative lighthouse in the end zone," according to the report, and asked the employee to stop and leave the area.

The camera was not confiscated by the Patriots or stadium security and the Jets admitted on Tuesday that they did videotape the game and that their employee was confronted.

However, the report states that the Jets said they had permission from the Patriots to film from that location in an attempt to record a second end-zone angle.

"All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules," Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations, told Newsday.

New York played at Gillette Stadium twice last campaign, once during the regular season and again in the playoffs. A source familiar with the Patriots' situation told Newsday that the filming occurred during the first game while a source close to the Jets said it happened during the playoffs.

Video taping opposing teams' signals was brought to the public's attention when Jets security allegedly told NFL officials that a Patriots' employee was recording their defensive signals during the New York-New England game in Week One of this season.

After reviewing the evidence, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell fined New England coach Bill Belichick $500,000. The Patriots organization was fined an additional $250,000 and was forced to forfeit a first-round pick in the 2008 NFL draft.

An NFL source told Newsday that the league office is unaware of the of the incident and that the Patriots did not bring up the situation while under investigation.

You wanna know why the Pats didn't bring it up while under investigation? Because this is something EVERYBODY does! It has always been an unwritten rule that you just don't go around blowing the whistle on it. Mangini (or however you spell it) was just bitter with Bilichick (or however you spell that one too) and called him on it.

If you ask me, Manginii is an even bigger asshat than Billachick.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Aside from the fact that they did it AFTER the league issued a warning.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                Ming, if they will invest in protection for him, I think he will do a very good job for you. Honestly, first chance I got, Rex and Brian would be shipped out and bring in another QB to mirror Orton, just in case
                Any smart Chicago fan would agree that the o-line finally looks their age. What used to be a plus (experience and years working together) is now a negative. They are too old and we know we can't blame all the woes on the QB.

My problems with Rex are his fumbling, his inability to feel the blind side preasure, his lack of knowledge on reading defenses, his poor decision making (which has improved some since his benching). Yeah, he or Brian would have stood a better chance with a real o-line and a the running game that might work if we did have a o-line. But I don't think either one of them is the future of this team.

I would like to see if Orton can be. When we needed him, he won some games running a dumbed down version of the offense. I would like to see what he can do with the full playbook. And yes, he will have the same problems as the others when it comes to lack of protection... but I do want to see if he can make the throws, read the d, make better decisions, and LEAD the team.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I see Grossman as a Drew Bledsoe with less talent.
                  A lot of the same faults.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Bledsoe was actually good though... so it's a LOT less talent for Grossman .

Comment

• Lets not forget that not only did Orton win 10 games as a rookie starter, he was a GREAT college QB in the exact mold as Brees (he really is just a younger version of him). Orton was a legit hiesman hopeful until the Badgers played Prudue and put him on his back.

Orton doesn't need a dumbed down version of the playbook. He ran a pro-style offense in college.

In every preseason, he has shown a better arm than Grossman and his accuracy has always been there. This past preson he showed marked improvement on descision making and reading D. Orton could be the next Brees.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Aside from the fact that they did it AFTER the league issued a warning.
                        As opposed to when it was just against the rules?

Mangini says:
                        Q: There is a report in Newsday that a Jets employee was asked to leave Gillette Stadium last season, possibly for videotaping their coaches. Is that an accurate report?

A: "What we do every away game is tape our team from both end zones, whenever it's possible. We always ask for permission to do that. Usually it's granted, provided there is a physical space to do that, it's to get the same angle you get in practice. Anybody that asks us to do it, we extend the same courtesy. It's pretty common, one way or the other, depending on how teams like to look at their game tape. That's really what it was."

I'm not sure how Mangini figures he has the authority to ignore league rules just by asking permission from another team...or that he has the authority to grant that permission to others. I eagerly await an investigation by the league that, given Mangini's eagerness to assist in such things, should result in a list of all teams that have asked for or granted such permission. If Goodell wants to be consistent, the first round should last about five picks.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Longtime Falcons assistant Thomas to lead team to season's end.

Secondary coach leapfrogs coordinators.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• The secondary coach? Of the Falcons? Since 2002? They really do want that #1 pick, don't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              I see Grossman as a Drew Bledsoe with less talent.
                              A lot of the same faults.
                              Actually, I see Rex as a Bledsoe with a lot less brains. Bledsoe was a pretty smart QB, even if he had blind side issues. Rex has a lot of talent, that is why they stuck with him this far... he just doesn't (yet) have the brains to use it.

Orton
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                The secondary coach? Of the Falcons? Since 2002? They really do want that #1 pick, don't they?
                                # 1? I think Miami's got that pretty much locked up.

FWIW, NYJ, St Louis and SF are tied with Atlanta with 3 wins.
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X