Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I recall, Colston sucked for the first half of the season. Still, arguably a better choice than Torry Holt.

My vote? I would go with Kellen Winslow or Mario Williams first.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Terry Holt has been the one bright spot for the Rams.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Holt started the year on one wheel, then had backups throwing to him after Bulger got sacked into submission. Still, he has put up good overall numbers.

Quick stat check:

Torry Holt has 7 TDs.
        Greg Jennings has 12, Plaxico Burress 10, Colston 9, Fitzgerald 8, Steve Smith 6.

Fitzgerald, Holt and Colston all have over 80 catches and 1000 yards.
        Smith, Jennings and Burress are noticeably behind them.

Donald Driver? 75 catches, 1016 yards, but only 2 TDs. Probably not the best WR on his own team.
        I would definitely take Colston over Driver this year.

Overall though, I could give a rat's ass who gets into the Pro Bowl.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Homer or not, I'm glad for Marion Barber, who doesn't even start for the Cowboys. He may be the only Cowboy since the Staubach era of which I can really say I'm a fan.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• With the injuries to Steven Jackson, Frank Gore and Shaun Alexander, the door was open. The only 1000-yd rushers ignored are Edge James and Clinton Portis. Fine players, sure, but I don't hear much outrage.

It really shows how much respect Barber gets from his peers across the league.

Comment

• No Bucs? Bull****.
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• The Bucs just win -- without gaudy stats. They're the league's best-kept secret.

Which Bucs deserved consideration?

Comment

• How the **** is Fred Taylor getting any votes?????

Marques Colston
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Nope, it's Scifres.
                    Might be true.

I always have to think very hard each year about whether I vote for Scifres or Moorman for AFC punter, and I think to myself it's a shame that they're in the same conference so only one can make it.

And then the undeserving Lechler makes it every year. It makes me want to shoot someone.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      The Bucs just win -- without gaudy stats. They're the league's best-kept secret.

Which Bucs deserved consideration?
                      Well that and they play in the God awful NFC South .

Perhaps a few defensive players deserved consideration for that team.

And really, if the 10-4 Jaguars didn't get a Pro-Bowler, the Buccs shouldn't be complaining too much .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No Jaguars and EIGHT Chargers?

Oh yeah, that sounds fair...

Comment

• Well talent and coaching are two different things. Chargers have far better talent than their record indicats... it's just that Norv Turner is their coach.

The Jags should have some pro-bowlers, but Jack Del Rio is their coach and they are more a team than individual shining parts.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Hester made it.

Comment

• Hester was a no brainer to make it for special teams

Overall though, I could give a rat's ass who gets into the Pro Bowl
                              I agree... But Colston did get screwed. Yes, he got off to a bad start, but his stats are far better than most of the selected WR's.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Bill Parcells said Wednesday that he's likely to accept the Atlanta Falcons' offer to become the team's vice president of football operations.

Bill Parcells said Wednesday that he likely will accept the Atlanta Falcons' offer to become the team's vice president of football operations.

"I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it. [Owner] Arthur [Blank] and I have had some pretty constructive discussions. I basically will oversee the football operations. We'll meet today -- not in Atlanta -- and work out some of the final details but I don't think there's any deal breakers here," Parcells said.

Parcells said he has no plans to return to coaching.

"Arthur wants to rebuild the football operation. I'll hire a general manager and then we'll hire a coach. We'll do this together, the GM, the coach and myself. The coach absolutely will not be Bill Parcells. All this happens if we finalize this thing, which I expect to do."

Asked about a potential GM and coach, Parcells said, "I've got a list but that's all I'm saying."

Parcells added that current GM Rich McKay would be asked to stay aboard but that "I don't really know how he feels about that."

Comment

Working...
                                X