Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• As long as the Red Sox don't trot out anyone from the White Stripes...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Gamesmanship
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Didn't work very well, did it? Beckett has been great in the playoffs.

I think Wedge should have pulled CC an inning earlier than he did. The Indian bullpen was pretty rested, and CC has thrown a LOT of innings and a LOT of pitches in his most recent starts (IIRC, all of his playoff starts have been over 100 pitches). The guy has to be gassed. Yeah, he's still throwing in the mid-90s, but it's location that seems to go first.

Anyway, as expected, it's back to Fenway.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yeah, the Indians are going, all right...
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Me -> <- Boston

Go Rockies.
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Go Red Sox!
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• *sigh* The Curse of Rocky Colavito strikes again.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Hey, Garko:

How does that champaign taste on the flight back to Cleveland?

When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Well, then. Go Rockies!

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Guiliani is rooting for the Red Sox?!

I'm not sure who's more appauled... Yankees fans or Red Sox fans!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• There are at least some Yankees fans claiming he's dead to them.

I think it's fine. I've no problem with sticking with the AL, though I personally cannot root for the Sox. If 2004 had never happened and this season had played out just the way it did, I probably would. But now I've got an axe to grind

I'm not actually emotionally invested in the WS at all. While I'd prefer the Sox didn't win again, the Yanks are out of it and I've got lots of Sox fan friends. The Rockies... who the **** cares about the Rockies (besides my boss )? I certainly don't. So whatever. May the best team win and all that, and then let's fast-forward to the 2008 season.

-Arrian

Comment

• Yeah, Go Rockies.

Will they go in four, five, or six?

And you know what they say the NY on the Yankee's caps stands for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                              There are at least some Yankees fans claiming he's dead to them.

I think it's fine. I've no problem with sticking with the AL, though I personally cannot root for the Sox. If 2004 had never happened and this season had played out just the way it did, I probably would. But now I've got an axe to grind

-Arrian
                              I actually rooted for the MFY on 2001, but only because of 9/11 and I thought it would be cool for something positive to happen in New York.

Short of a circumstance like that, I'd root for any team against the MFY, so I can understand some fans thinking Rudy's heresy should qualify for burning at the stake.

We, of course, will welcome any who many, however briefly, to turn away from the dark side.

Comment

• My analysis says decidedly otherwise but still...
                                Gotta root for the Cinderella story.

GO ROCKIES!!
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X