No announcement yet.

MLB 2007 - World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Although I admit to being fascinated by the knuckleball.)
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Tribe's looking good!!! KO Wakefield in the 5th.
      Byrd once again inexplicably effective...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow, 3-run HR Peralta off the reliever, Delcarmen.

6-0 now.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Okay, i'm a bit confused.

"One would think a leadoff home run would lead to fewer multi-run innings than a leadoff walk."

(This according to our lovely color commentator tonight.)

This is because... one is a first grader without basic math skills???
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Where "one" is the announcer himself, apparently...

Comment

• Go Indians!!! I think this goes 6 and carmona beats Schilling, but i'd not mind it going 5

Comment

• Cleveland
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'd love to see ANYONE figure out how to hit Beckett in the post-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Okay, i'm a bit confused.

"One would think a leadoff home run would lead to fewer multi-run innings than a leadoff walk."

(This according to our lovely color commentator tonight.)

This is because... one is a first grader without basic math skills???
                    McCarver has been saying this little tidbit for the past year. FireJoeMorgan.com has had a field day with it.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• FireJoeMorgan Good snark.

Good job by the Indians. Paul Byrd has got to be feeling awfully good right now. Everybody assumed he'd get pounded by the NYY and BOS offenses (as typically has happened in the past), but he managed to pitch well enough to win.

The baseball gods are pretty clearly with the Indians (in the AL, anyway... the Rockies are the unstoppable force and apparently believe it's divine will or somesuch). Boston hits a ball hard? It's right at somebody. Indians hit a blooper? It's gonna fall in, for sure, especially if there are 2 outs and runners on. It's crazy how many things are going their way.

They're a really good team, don't get me wrong - they've put themselves in position to succeed by having a good approach at the plate (some real good ABs, I've seen). But their opponents (Yanks, Sox) are/were also really good teams. Series like these turn on little things, some are going to be flukey. The Indians are hitting, what, .400 with 2 out and RISP? That's insane.

I think Beckett gets it to 6, which means back to Fenway, which means anything can happen. As a Yankee fan, I know this well (from both sides of the experience).

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• I love how McCarver thought it was "conventional wisdom" that a lead off walk will more likely lead to a multi-run inning than a lead off HR.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Imagine what a leadoff productive out could do!

nevermind that there is no such thing

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• I suggest he poll the 30 managers and ask them which they'd rather have their leadoff guy do, hit a HR or take a walk (if they knew it would happen, no risk of it not happening).

If one tells you 'walk', then that's the guy to fire (after awarding him the Marty Morningweg award for brilliance in coaching).

Comment

• The only former Phillie that ever did good commentary was Richie Ashburn. The rest of them suck.

Except Sarge; he's ok. The rest of them suck.

But McCarver sucks hardest of all.

And always has. Since the first time he uttered "Shoulda coulda woulda" he 'shoulda' been banned from being on air. He's a dip ****. He sucks.

Now excuse me while I go drink some more.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Imagine you're facing one of the most important moments of your career, a moment in which you must be on top of your game and perform at your peak capacity. Everyone is counting on you; the whole world is watching. Concentration is paramount. And then, when the moment of truth comes, and you're ready to go ... someone…

Imagine you're facing one of the most important moments of your career, a moment in which you must be on top of your game and perform at your peak capacity. Everyone is counting on you; the whole world is watching. Concentration is paramount. And then, when the moment of truth comes, and you're ready to go ... someone trots out one of your exes. Yipes: Good luck keeping your cool now.

That's exactly what the Cleveland Indians are doing tonight.

Country music artist Danielle Peck will sing the national anthem and "God Bless America" at tonight's Indians game. She will not sing, "Stand by Your Man."

Peck, it turns out, dated Red Sox pitching ace Josh Beckett, who is starting tonight's do-or- die game against the Tribe and who handed them their only loss in the American League Championship Series.
                                The Indians claim they had no idea, and that's it's just a coincidence. Right. Of course. We think we might have just figured out a way to slow down Tom Brady this season.

Cleveland

Comment

Working...
                                X