Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Q=chequita guevara;5673405]This is a logical fallacy, a "no true Scotsman argument."[/Q] Being a Scotsman is an accident of birth or a consequence of immigration. That which is born of flesh is flesh. Christianity is defined by relationship to the true God, that which is born of spirit.

I'm not the one who sets the standard. It's put in black and white ages ago and translated into English for the modern man to read. Most who do read it ignore it, and instead cling to a few phrases that they think makes them look good. I know, for I was one myself.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• It's ambiguous. Blaupanzer may mean that prolifers shouldn't have martyrs, because someone was killed, but that's precisely the wrong understanding. Prolifers did not kill the man. Prolifers respect life by honouring the man who was killed for his beliefs.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• It is not ambiguous.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          It's ambiguous. Blaupanzer may mean that prolifers shouldn't have martyrs, because someone was killed, but that's precisely the wrong understanding. Prolifers did not kill the man. Prolifers respect life by honouring the man who was killed for his beliefs.
          No. His sentence means that it's ironic when prolifers kill abortion doctors. That irony is lost here because it wasn't a prolifer that killed someone. Jesus.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• No. His sentence means that it's ironic when prolifers kill abortion doctors. That irony is lost here because it wasn't a prolifer that killed someone. Jesus.
            Ahh, ok. I don't see any evidence that a prolifer killed Tiller.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Ahh, ok. I don't see any evidence that a prolifer killed Tiller.
              Because you don't think that a prolifer would kill someone? Sorry, bud, but that's a logical fallacy.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Ben has already stated that somebody can be pro-life and pro-war, so I don't understand why he'd see a contradiction in somebody being pro-life and pro-killing-abortion-doctors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  Even that's generous. His was an O'Douls among martyrdoms.
                  Just trying to find some common ground.

Do we know if the victim performed any miracles before his quasi-martydom? Perhaps Sainthood is in order?
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Because you don't think that a prolifer would kill someone? Sorry, bud, but that's a logical fallacy.
                    No, because the killer wasn't a prolifer. Do you have any evidence that he was? I read all the news. Nothing that said to me he was a prolifer as well. Anarchist, sure, but prolife? I didn't see it.

Comment

• Ben has already stated that somebody can be pro-life and pro-war, so I don't understand why he'd see a contradiction in somebody being pro-life and pro-killing-abortion-doctors.
                      I actually said that they could be prolife and pro-death penalty. The difference between what happened with Tiller, and the death penalty is the lack of due process. There is a difference between conviction in a court of law, when you are accorded a means to defend yourself and taking the law into your own hands.

Comment

• I'm glad to see the attention on this thread has been deflected once again from the man who was shot and killed. Well done. People seem to care far more about Tiller...

Comment

• Considering the boner you were showing for the new martyr for the cause, you shouldn't be surprised. That was the coldest post you've ever made. Despite your show of religious rapture after being called out on it. You should be happy that the thread has been deflected from your shame.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Considering the boner you were showing for the new martyr for the cause, you shouldn't be surprised. That was the coldest post you've ever made. Despite your show of religious rapture after being called out on it. You should be happy that the thread has been deflected from your shame.
                            Yeah, this is right after the post I made where I was disgusted that someone shot the fellow. I had no clue the circumstances.

I don't see what's so cold about someone being proclaimed righteous in the eyes of God, and going to heaven to be in eternal glory, but I can certainly see why non-believers would take it that way.

Look, I've made it very clear. I'd much rather he were still alive and go to heaven later, but the killer precluded that option by brutally shooting him down.

Where's your sorrow in all this Rah? Have you said any words for the man?

Comment

• Ben feels no shame. Ever.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Would Jesus feel shame? No. QED.

Comment

Working...
                                X