This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Excellent. I'm glad to see all the classy people flocking to the thread.
    Sorry I'm late. What did I miss?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Actually, you are in the classy people bin.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Oh God, he even took the guy's face as his avatar. He isn't kidding about this martyr insanity.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You've already been warned Asher. How many times does Lori need to tell you?

If you don't like it there are plenty of other places to post.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Please don't talk to me. Lori told you not to argue with me. If you don't like it there are plenty of other places to post.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Wow, I admit I'm thrilled to see the response so far.

1. People who call themselves Christians attacking other Christians.
              2. Atheists who revel in the tragedy.

Excellent. I'm glad to see all the classy people flocking to the thread.
              Actually, by this point, you were the only one who remotely approached reveling in this tragedy. The atheists weren't happy, but none were celebrating.

The Christians who commented on your initial reaction were simply uncomfortable with that reaction of yours, which borders on fanaticism.

But you will not open your eyes and see, so.

**** it. That "eat **** and die" line of yours on Asher, yeah, that'll win you a lot of support.
              B♭3

Comment

Martyrs are blessed and rewarded by God. The church grows and is strengthened by the blood of martyrs.
                May God provide peace and comfort to the family and friends of this martyr.

Comment

By the way, I do not condemn these murders.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    Oh God, he even took the guy's face as his avatar. He isn't kidding about this martyr insanity.
                    One nut went on a rampage and Ben thinks it makes up for all the doctors gunned down by idiots like Ben, all the gays murdered because of their sexuality, etc... Ben's people murder thousands of real people per year vs seemingly random violence by one nut on the other side. No wonder Ben is jumping for joy he can now falsely claim both sides are the same.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by trev View Post
                      Martyrs are blessed and rewarded by God. The church grows and is strengthened by the blood of martyrs.
                      May God provide peace and comfort to the family and friends of this martyr.
                      ...calling this guy a martyr is an enormous stretch, at least in terms of Christian religion. Unless he had received threats ("stop protesting or I shoot you"), he didn't knowingly accept death rather than abandon his God and his principles.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

...calling this guy a martyr is an enormous stretch, at least in terms of Christian religion. Unless he had received threats ("stop protesting or I shoot you"), he didn't knowingly accept death rather than abandon his God and his principles.
                        He received plenty of threats. I don't really see why you are so reluctant about this, but I'm glad to see there are some real Christians here on poly.

Look, I like you elok, but you are really starting to make me wonder. Ozzy's hardly a fanatic but he got it.

Comment

The Christians who commented on your initial reaction were simply uncomfortable with that reaction of yours, which borders on fanaticism.
                          The only 'christian' who expressed reluctance is elok, and I'm really not sure why. The man died out there preaching Christ and he's quibbling over minor details.

When one of the biggest atheist preachers here calls me a 'fanatic', I know I'm doing something right. I know I make you uncomfortable because you left the church. Great, I should hope you feel that way. If you ever were to post, gee Ben I think you were right (not like that would ever happen as you'd sooner kill yourself than post it), I'd know I was on the wrong track.

Comment

Wow, you were on ignore for a day Oerdin.

Now, you are on ignore for a week.

Ben's people murder thousands of real people per year
                            And people call me the fanatic? Amazing. A man is dead and Oerdin says, his blood was payment for the blood of other people, despite the fact that this man was an innocent?

Why do you believe this, Oerdin? I'm sincerely curious. Why do you believe that the church murders thousands of real people a year? Presuming that 'real people' means people who aren't in the womb of their mother.

Comment

Everyone, stop making this thread personal. Discuss the issue of this man's murder, but do not attempt to transform this man's murder into a poly pissing contest.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ben's not talking to me. That's a win if I ever heard one!
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X