liberal hypocrisies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buster Crabbe's Uncle View Post
    Well, Plato, you'd win me over a lot if you'd denounce the Cheney Bund -torture ain't the American Way- at least that much, not with the crap-talking all the dummies and emotional cripples all over the nets make with everywhere you go.

You sound like an actual conservative -I already thought so- and you need to realize that you're in bed with not-your-own-kind, and avoid talking like one. They are why I said Republikkkans, and after they tried to overthrow the government with the -at least- support of the party mainstream after the fact, that's their Nazi fault, not mine. As one of the Liberals Perpetually Screaming on Twitter was saying at the time, "What do you call a guy and 10 Nazis all running together? 11 Nazis running."

Get out while you still can. Time for revenge for the 60s and Watergate is decades over. The grownups and real conservatives need to take over the Libertarian Party, as I was saying seven years ago.
    A few things here...

First, I absolutely do not believe in torture (unless of course someone does something vile to my wife or kids, but then I would be happy to do it myself). I think there are MUCH more effective ways of getting information.

Second, If all the actual conservatives left the Republican party then all you are left with is extremist with a nationwide organization in place. Don't want that at all.

Third, I am a Libertarian in a lot of ways. I just can't stomach the isolationism though. I think the American presence in the world is overall a very good thing for the world. Yes, it gets abused from time to time, but overall a very good thing. If Libertarians would get over isolationism, then they would get a lot of traction with me.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Well, that's your party. They tried to overthrow the government on TV while I watched, and you're going to have to live with - there is no justice in the leaders and accessories-after-the-fact getting away with it, which they have- and you're going to need to make peace with us sane people who like Democracy and The American Way being upset.

Like, until there's justice for not just the frontline soldiers, but the leaders. Like forever.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Well, that's your party. They tried to overthrow the government on TV while I watched, and you're going to have to live with - there is no justice in the leaders and accessories-after-the-fact getting away with it, which they have- and you're going to need to make peace with us sane people who like Democracy and The American Way being upset.

Like, until there's justice for not just the frontline soldiers, but the leaders. Like forever.
        My Party? Really now BCU.

Saying that it was the Republican party just because Trump encouraged it?

I think it was my party that had Pence uphold the Constitution and have to do so in fear for his life. That's my party.
        Last edited by PLATO; January 12, 2023, 20:22.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

No - the only six Republicans to vote to impeach have been run off by their own.

That's the Republikkkan Party, cheaters and thieves of Supreme Court seats, because they can't win fairly - and Buster is my niece.

No pasarán

Comment

and Buster is my niece.
            Edited.

Comment

No - the only six Republicans to vote to impeach have been run off by their own.

That's the Republikkkan Party, cheaters and thieves of Supreme Court seats, because they can't win fairly - and Buster is my niece.
              Sigh.....

What to do when people have tunnel vision...

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                Edited.
                Well see, you're all right and you'll come around to the truth eventually, too.

No pasarán

Comment

BCU... what is the truth? what is it to you?

Comment

I love watching all the Trumpers and righty media suddenly getting all righteous about ethics and the law.

Comparative Whataboutism, specialty of the house.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Maybe we'll all get lucky and this will convince Biden not to run in 2024.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe Trump and Biden can share a cell. Put in a couple of cameras, and put it on TV.
                        But which one would win an Emmy?

First, I absolutely do not believe in torture (unless of course someone does something vile to my wife or kids, but then I would be happy to do it myself). I think there are MUCH more effective ways of getting information.
                      Ineffectiveness is not why torture is bad.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Ineffectiveness is not why torture is bad.
                        Totally agree. Sorry if I just assumed that "torture is evil" was a given. Beyond that though, it is ineffective as well.

Comment

After Pence, is it now 2 to 1 in the documents saga? Can democrats allow a documents gap?
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBMan View Post
                            After Pence, is it now 2 to 1 in the documents saga? Can democrats allow a documents gap?
                            Once someone finds Obama's cache then it will all be okay. The issue will just fade away.

Comment

Once someone finds Obama's cache then it will all be okay. The issue will just fade away.
                              They'd better search George W Bush and Bill Clinton's houses.
                              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X