Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Donald and Melania Trump have both tested positive for Covid-19. They have entered quarantine. This appears to be real.

Early reports are they are asymptomatic, per White House medical team. I wish them a quick and full recovery. This is tragic.
    It's not tragic.

Even at his age he's something like 80% unlikely to be affected as much or at all...

He would be unlucky to contract major symptoms and unluckier still to die.

What would be tragic is if he wins another term.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Having given it some thought, there's also the whole Chicken Little thing. This is a world-class con man and pathological liar, and he will do anything to be re-elected. There's nothing to suggest this isn't just his excuse to avoid another debate while making himself appear strong for beating the Rona. Can't wait to hear he's being treated with HCQ.

On the other hand, there's plenty to suggest that this is the result of endlessly reckless behavior with close-packed, unmasked rallies - a clear cause-and-effect metaphor for 45's lazy, wrong-headed approach to the entire pandemic. (Which, BTW, should be the message the Democrats focus on.)

I dunno. Guess I'll just sit back and watch the shltshow. Then I will vote.
      Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 2, 2020, 12:11.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hopefully he'll take his own advice.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

There are reports now of T having "mild" symptoms, no idea if confirmed. That's what Boris Johnson said few days before he had to be taken into intensive care.

It seems to be all real for all we know now. For a campaign/publicity stunt later the issue and immediate impact is just too serious - my-expertise-without-having-access-to-anyone-knowing-firsthand

Of course T would be the guy who claims victory if he gets out of this without serious probs. The more naive side of me hopes he'd learn from it, but oh well, it's Donald.
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
            Hopefully he'll take his own advice.
            One would think he's immune and immortal from all the Hydroxsysomething already...
            Blah

Comment

I seriously doubt this is a ruse; it requires Trump to quit publicly campaigning at a critical stage, it associates him with personal weakness, and there's little he loves better than acting like a bully on the debate stage.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

In other news you know you're in a second wave of a pandemic when ppl buy silly stuff like mad again...I was in a supermarked earlier today and it was a bit of a dejavu. Wondering if I can still buy toilet paper in a couple days...
                Blah

Comment

$5 sais Melania (and maybe Don Jr.) will die a few says before the election. Trump saw how well Biden played the widowed/predeceased father card. He needs the bump, and the WH doctor won't check them for ricin.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And can we officially start calling this Trump Disease?

We will be able to tell how sick he really is by how often he tweets or appears on Fox News phone-ins.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

He's in at least three risk categories - old, overweight and low income.

Comment

Could you imagine any other American politician in recent history (even Tricky Dicky) going into the hospital after being diagnosed with a potentially fatal virus, and having whether this is real or fake being genuinely questioned by reasonable people? This is the Trump brand, and what he wants.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Suddenly, there's a lot of administration interest in contact tracing. Apparently, several WH staffers have tested positive.
                        President of Notre Dame (who was at the Rose Garden thing announcing Barrett's nomination, unmasked and shaking hands) has just tested positive.

Pence, Biden, and their wives are all Covid-negative at this point.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Trump has been taken to a military hospital 'as a precaution'. Hmmmmm...

Comment

Trump was given a Regeneron antibody cocktail. Apparently, hydroxychloroquine is not the promised cure.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                              Uncle Sparky commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I hope they don't accidentally mix his meds with ricin. Thoughts and prayers.

The WH is saying Trump will be at Walter Reed for "the next few days."
                            No word on Melania; presumably she's quarantining at the WH, which has its own extensive medical facilities.

Others also testing positive:

WH advisor Kellyanne Conway
                            RNC chair Ronna McDaniel
                            Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
                            Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC)
                            Notre Dame President Father John Jenkins
                            Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 2, 2020, 23:59.

Comment

Working...
                            X