Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, things might be a little different for the better IF the dems have not gone after trump everyday for the last 4 years. Can you blame trump for not wanting to work with the dems or believe anything they say?? and the dems are just as bad as repubs. They all lie just as much. still waiting for that russian proof. Now,IF they really get something on trump a lot of people will simply just not believe it. especially if its reported on CNN. CNN, nothing more than a walmart tabloid newspaper. what happened?!?
    Well, for one thing, they've succeeded in getting you to change the subject, all on your own, from COVID to Dem-blaming and CNN-bashing. Another brainwash victim in our midst.

Look, I agree that all politicians are lying scum. But demonizing mainstream press is just a deepfake method of shifting focus away from the Fox/OANN/QAnon circus of lies. And saying "Dems also suck" does not make this administration's behavior OK.

Focus.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Maybe, just maybe, things might be a little different for the better IF the dems have not gone after trump everyday for the last 4 years. Can you blame trump for not wanting to work with the dems or believe anything they say?? and the dems are just as bad as repubs. They all lie just as much. still waiting for that russian proof. Now,IF they really get something on trump a lot of people will simply just not believe it. especially if its reported on CNN. CNN, nothing more than a walmart tabloid newspaper. what happened?!?
      National Security and CDC are neither Republican nor Democrat. Trump chose not to listen to either one of those on his own. As the head of a the Executive Branch, Trump had wide latitude in being able to set national policy for dealing with the pandemic: setting up a national testing regime, directing US companies to manufacture and distribute PPE, directing Homeland Security to set up a contact tracing program, etc. He did not have to cooperate with Democrats to do any of those things. He just refused to do them. Look at what New Zealand is able to do now: no lockdowns, shopping and restaurants are open, parks and beaches are open, sports are taking place with fans in attendance. If you really think Trump did the best that could have been done and that the media is to blame, you are delusional.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Harvard-Harris poll, some 47% of the nation still approves of President Trump’s job performance. how can this be?! it is, in part, that Dems, as always, have overplayed their hand. The endless "the world is going to end!", "Trump will get us all killed!" accusations from Pelosi, Schiff and MSNBC’s crazy Rachel Maddow over the past four years is the wolf that was never there, especially since so many proved false. if hillary were president the media would be displaying this whole virus thing different. and be sure that the way deaths are reported would be different too. but hey you can also call those you dont agree with delusional. look how far its taken the house dems in the last two years.

Comment

• pchang
          pchang commented
          Editing a comment
          And that poll has nothing to do with how the US has handled Covid-19 compared to other countries like Canada, South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, etc. But keep putting your head in the sand.

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          But what does this have to do with cheese? Your 'American' cheese makes me ill. Literally. I'm not lactose intolerant, and I enjoy cheese (Canadian, French, Dutch, Danish, English) and never had deleterious effects. How do I know it is American made cheese? Give me a couple of hours... I'll be able to tell. I can even tell you if it is a Kraft product or not.

So please try to stay on topic.

• Egbert
          Egbert commented
          Editing a comment
          Uncle Sparky, you need more Australian cheese. Perhaps some delicious Camembert or a Double Brie?

New coronavirus cases in the U.S. rose to more than 52,000, the highest daily total in more than a month
        196,000 deaths and climbing.

But morons like Trump and his supporters keep claiming we have "turned the corner" and it's just going to go away.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
          New coronavirus cases in the U.S. rose to more than 52,000, the highest daily total in more than a month
          196,000 deaths and climbing.

But morons like Trump and his supporters keep claiming we have "turned the corner" and it's just going to go away.
          You're turning a corner alright.

It's just that you're turning the wrong corner.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Trump, the "genius" that pointed out we would have fewer cases of Covid19 if we simply did less tests, now doubles down with more of his moronic "logic"

Trump says COVID-19 death toll would be lower if you don't count the most densely populated 'blue' states

And maybe somebody should point out to him that two of the leading states in deaths, Florida and Texas are run by Republicans...

And what's even funnier is that most of his followers are probably buying into this BS.

Again, it's no surprise that the more educated voters think he's a total clown, while the less educated lap his BS up.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Snake used as face mask on bus
              aka Snakes on a bus!

A passenger said she thought the man was wearing a "funky mask" until she spotted it slithering.

Blah

Comment

"While there is a small degree of interpretation that can be applied to this, we do not believe it extends to the use of snakeskin - especially when still attached to the snake."
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I find it funny how the "more educated" half still has not figured out how to get rid of Trump. What will be funnier (if trump is not re-elected) is watching what difference it will make when Biden is president (my mistake, I mean Harris). My money is on higher taxes, more unrest and jobs lost. My guess is also that these virus numbers start to go down too within the 1st week of Harris. hmmm... maybe it will seem to just go away. how convenient for the dems.

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your willingness to believe these wild conspiracy theories underscores how damaged your psyche is. What happened to you? Is your sense of self really under that much threat?

• dannubis
                    dannubis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That would be because the alternative to allow dumb ****s like you to vote is worse than the **** we have to put with now.

I find it funny how the "more educated" half still has not figured out how to get rid of Trump. What will be funnier (if trump is not re-elected) is watching what difference it will make when Biden is president (my mistake, I mean Harris). My money is on higher taxes, more unrest and jobs lost. My guess is also that these virus numbers start to go down too within the 1st week of Harris. hmmm... maybe it will seem to just go away. how convenient for the dems.
                  "More educated" is just something that you tell people when you con them. It makes them feel good.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• ricketyclik
                    ricketyclik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not so good that they don't weep when they see their country regressing towards feudalism, at the behest of voters who don't know their *******s from their peckers.

Blah

Comment

• Thoth
                    Thoth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    so far.

There's more to go yet.

On August 6 and 9, 1945, the United States detonated two nuclear bombs over the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, respectively. The blasts, and the radiation they caused afterward, killed nearly 90,000 people. But in 2009, the Japanese government confirmed that there was at least one man who was in each city on the days of the bombings, and lived to tell the tale. On August 6, Tsutomu Yamaguchi was in Hiroshima on a business trip. “As I was walking along, I heard the sound of a plane, just one,” he told a British newspaper. “I looked up into the sky and saw the B-29, and it dropped two parachutes. I was looking up into the sky at them, and suddenly … it was like a flash of magnesium, a great flash in the sky, and I was blown over.” By August 9, he had returned home to Nagasaki, only to experience the trauma for a second time. Despite the double radiation exposure, Yamaguchi lived to be 93. He passed away in 2010 from stomach cancer.
                  I guess we shouldn't care about this virus. In fact, all American cities, towns, villages, should be nuked. You can survive nukes and live a long, happy life.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Yeah... as fall approaches and cases are starting to spike around the globe again, all that nonsense from Trump and his Trumpettes that "we have turned the corner" and that it's going to go away is being shown for what it is... Total BS.
                    Trump continues to ignore the threat... while being too busy to actually care about American lives. He continues to let Americans die and suffer.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Trump continues to lower the bar. He said Covid-19 cases would go to 0. Then he said he would be doing a great job if he could keep the deaths between 100,000 and 200,000. Now he says anything below 2.5 million is doing a good job. And the Trumpettes keep moving with him. 2.5 million deaths is what would happen if we just let everyone get sick and relied upon herd immunity. So Trump is trying to claim that doing anything at all constitutes doing a great job. It is pretty incredible to see MWHC and Kid essentially nodding and going along with this.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

There is no evidence that this coronavirus will behave differently from all the other coronaviruses. Extremely unlikely that anything but temporary immunity will exist.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• ricketyclik
                          ricketyclik commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So how do we cope with that as a civilization? Continued lockdowns and contact tracing, until it's eradicated? If no immunity it looks like it's here to stay.

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Vaccines will be as effective as a common cold vaccine - if you get a shot every few months and they keep modifying the shot (like flu vaccines) it might work.

And find an effective treatment. That might mean taking daily pills, or having weekly shots, or changing the way we interact with each other.

But whatever works, we will all need to do it for it to work. It cannot be used by sideshow barkers to score cheap political points.
                      Working...
                      X