Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
    I had no idea Miami was so small.
    My dad was born in Miami... it has around 500 people.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I assume the Miami, FL metro area is a much bigger. (and the Miami, MB population of 500 probably includes moose?)

The city population of London, UK is less than 10,000; Greater London is several million. So meh.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Too far from the Canadian shield for moose, but may include beavers.

• Texas opening 100% on 3/10.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        What, didn't let enough people freeze to death?
        Hm, Texas: Less than 7% vaccinated, and currently burying over 200 daily from Covid.
        Abbott is an idiot. Glad I don't live there.

• If they are burying 200/day with a closed economy then why close the economy?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        You can mitigate disease threat without closing the economy. If you look at Texas' numbers of positivity, new cases, and deaths, it's clear they were making progress. Only an idiot would say, "Hey, these precautions are working. Let's put a stop to that!"

That idiot is named Abbott.

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post

My dad was born in Miami... it has around 500 people.
      Having never seen snow I find it hard to imagine living in a place like Manitoba which so cold that it snows.

Comment

• Ppl always find exciting new ways to be stupid:

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch police on Wednesday said a coronavirus testing centre north of Amsterdam appeared to have been intentionally targeted after an explosion went off at the facility before it opened.

(snipsnap)
        full: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...KCN2AV0O4?il=0

Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          If they are burying 200/day with a closed economy then why close the economy?
          I don't know... maybe to keep it from being EVEN MORE DEATHS.
          But that's right, you don't care if people die as long as you get your freedom to infect others.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Coronavirus USA totals through Saturday, March 6:

Cases: 29,687,753
            Deaths: 537,737

Mask up and vax up, people. We're not out of the woods yet.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Covid is still worse than it was last summer, but sure let's all stop wearing masks and pretend everything is fine.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                Most states are keeping masks. Not Texas. No electrical grid! No masks!

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Mask up and vax up, people. We're not out of the woods yet.
              Case/death numbers here are declining again fortunately, but so far we did poorly in mass vaccination. Weak sauce. Still hope things are improving soon.
              Blah

Comment

• As it turns out, whining that Trump had no plan in place is not, in itself, a vaccination distribution plan. But the Biden admin hasn't done much better - especially in the practical needles-in-arms area. I know it's a logistical nightmare, but this has been pretty much a randomized clown show so far.

I'm in group 1B (65+), and want to be vaccinated. Illinois greenlighted 1B a few weeks ago, but I can't get an appointment in my county, as supplies lag far behind demand. So far, all I've managed to accomplish is giving my email address to 2 public health agencies (state and county) and a handful of authorized distribution companies (Walgreen, CVS, etc). Yesterday, they opened up appointments (6,000 a day) at the United Center in the city. I immediately signed up (giving my contact info to yet another company in the process). Over the course of Sunday, they went from "open to all Illinoisians in Group 1B" to "only Cook Count residents" - and I was back to no appointment.

It's stupid and frustrating.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think there isn still real distribution problems, but they have improved a lot. The distribution issues are in almost every country, and the US is now doing one of the best... 2m/day is the last numbers I heard.

I expect that you will get an appointment this week or next.

I still can not be on a list. But I am hearing more and more about people who have been vaccinated, which is great!

I am concerned about the 1/4 of the population or so who seem opposed to the vaccine. It will be really hard to get herd immunity by summer if people don't get vaccinated. I heard that some think as few as 200m might end up agreeing to be vaccinated (out of a total adult population fo 250m). That is better than 75%, but still too low.

I really want to do things again (in thee US) in summer.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• A big part of the frustration is the fact that there's no transparency. They tell you to register and make an appointment, but then refuse to book an appointment. Today, I went to every IL health agency and partner (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Costco, Mejier, Jewel-Osco, etc) within 50 miles and found nothing.

Seems like there should be some sort of central agency coordinating this, but all the state and county health agencies - who all tell you to sign up - just keep telling you to "keep trying" at all these other spots, exactly none of which have any actual availability (whether that's available vaccine or available appoinments, I can't be sure).

Yet I know a lot of people who are in my group that have managed to get vaccinated, so I know that progress is being made.

I can be patient; I work from home. But I really resent having to waste my time.

Comment

• Happy anniversary baby!

Today is the one-year anniversary of the first confirmed case of the coronavirus in Manitoba. The first was announced March 12, 2020, and the public was notified of two more cases later the same day.

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Unhappy Covid birthday

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        A big part of the frustration is the fact that there's no transparency. They tell you to register and make an appointment, but then refuse to book an appointment.
                        My Mom got vacced fully some time ago - good thing. But now I receive post from teh offcials offering to register her for a vaccination appointment veeery soon....

And just after I wrote cases going down they rise again...let's hope for the best, and for April (when Vaccine supply is said to be much better - mmkay, if it's correct).
                        Blah

Comment

Working...
                        X