Wot no coronavirus thread? Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

Actually, no. Biden is just an ordinary american citicen that can't tell other people what to do - trump on the other hand is the president and he is able to say people should act sanely - though, he doesn' t because violence is what is good for him.
    BS. He tells people what to do all the time. He tells people to wear a mask all the time. But he doesn't tell people not to protest.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Bullshlt. Here's what he said 3 times yesterday: in an interview, at a campaign rally and in his televised town hall on NBC Thursday night.
      All three times, Trump suggested that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had found that 85% of people who wear masks catch the virus. This is factually, provable false.

On Fox Business, morning show: "CDC comes out with a statement that 85% of the people wearing masks catch it."
      At North Carolina rally in the afternoon: "Then they come out with things today, did you see CDC -- that 85% of the people wearing the mask catch it?"
      During NBC Town Hall: during Thursday night’s town hall: “Just the other day, they came out with a statement that 85% of the people that wear masks catch it.”

Does this sound like a man recommending people wear a mask?

• Kidlicious
      Kidlicious commented
      Editing a comment
      85% of the people that catch it wear masks. Whatever. Mask isn't a sure thing go save you. CDC says that.

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Yeah, except BLM protests, which don't social distance and which he might have some effect on. But no, he encourages the protests, so do all Democrats.

He isn't at the rallies... He doesn't control the rallies... But he does strongly advocate wearing masks. There is nothing more that he can do.
    Trump on the other hand can require people to wear masks at his rallies... and enforce social distancing... but he chooses not to.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• He can require it, but people aren't going to wear the masks. Too many don't like them. He takes everyone's temperature before they enter.

Comment

BS. He tells people what to do all the time. He tells people to wear a mask all the time. But he doesn't tell people not to protest.
        Prime BS. He says what he think is sensibe such as wearing masks when necessary.

On the point of not protesting - I'm pretty sure that you prefer some fascistic government where people not satisfied are disallowed to protest - unfortunately you live in a democracy and there it's actually allowed for people to protest if they disagree.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He can require it, but people aren't going to wear the masks. Too many don't like them. He takes everyone's temperature before they enter.
          Uhhh... he can make sure his staff doesn't allow people without masks to enter the rally... like most retail and restaurants do...
          But he doesn't.
          And I know you don't follow science, but here's a fact. People without a fever can still have covid and be contagious
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

Uhhh... he can make sure his staff doesn't allow people without masks to enter the rally... like most retail and restaurants do...
            But he doesn't.
            And I know you don't follow science, but here's a fact. People without a fever can still have covid and be contagious
            Most restaurants and retail establishments don't really enforce mask wearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

Prime BS. He says what he think is sensibe such as wearing masks when necessary.

On the point of not protesting - I'm pretty sure that you prefer some fascistic government where people not satisfied are disallowed to protest - unfortunately you live in a democracy and there it's actually allowed for people to protest if they disagree.
              Don't be ridiculous for 5 minutes. You're the people that get your panties in a twist when people don't obey guidelines. I'm calling out hypocrisy. Don't try to flip that.

Comment

Most restaurants and retail establishments don't really enforce mask wearing.
                Around here they do... And most of the big chains require it.
                If a store can do it, so can Trump. But he doesn't care about his followers. He doesn't care if his super spreader events effect other Americans.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Don't be ridiculous for 5 minutes. You're the people that get your panties in a twist when people don't obey guidelines. I'm calling out hypocrisy. Don't try to flip that.
                  Kiddy you are an idiot that don't know what common sense is

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

Around here they do... And most of the big chains require it.
                    If a store can do it, so can Trump. But he doesn't care about his followers. He doesn't care if his super spreader events effect other Americans.
                    They shouldn't go if they are high risk.

Comment

Pure BS. There are no reason not to go to a rally or like if necessary precautions are taken - trump neglect to take such.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I see BlackCat beat me to it.
                        Trump is in a position to require basic safety measures at his rallies... and he doesn't. That's a fact.
                        He doesn't care about his followers or other Americans... all he cares about is people cheering him.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• You're just jealous because no one goes to Biden rallies.

Comment

You're just jealous because no one goes to Biden rallies.
                            I see you are ignoring the actual point... that Trump doesn't care about his supporters and won't enforce basic safety at his rallies... You can't defend that.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• pchang
                              pchang commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You don't understand. Trump is accelerating herd immunity!

• And while the only thing that Trump is doing about covid is hosting super spreader events...

US Coronavirus:The US has reached 8 million Covid-19 cases, and the pace of new infections signals a tough winter

The United States on Friday surpassed 8 million recorded Covid-19 cases -- a milestone that comes as daily infection rates are rising, which experts say is setting the country up for a very difficult winter.
                            The country has recorded more than 8,008,000 cases, Johns Hopkins University says. That total is likely a vast undercount, largely because of a low testing capacity early in the pandemic, researchers have said in several reports.
                            Perhaps more immediately concerning than Friday's milestone is a recent rise in cases per day. The country's one-week average of new daily cases has moved above 53,000 -- an increase of more than 55% in just over a month, Johns Hopkins data show.
                            Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, has warned that is far too high heading into the end of the year.
                            "You can't enter into the cool months of the fall and the cold months of the winter with a high community infection baseline," Fauci said in a John Hopkins virtual event posted Friday.
                            Fauci and other public health officials have
                            warned the country should try to lower its daily cases to prepare for new challenges. Those include the flu season, which could create what doctors call a "twin-demic" with Covid-19; as well as temptations to hold more gatherings indoors as temperatures drop, including during the holidays.
                            But the
                            national case trend isn't the only thing concerning experts.
                            • Seven states saw a record for Covid-19 hospitalizations Thursday -- Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, according to the Covid Tracking Project.
                            • Fourteen states set records for their seven-day average of new daily cases Thursday, according to Johns Hopkins.
                            • The country's average test-positivity rate over a week has moved above 5%, the Covid Tracking Project says. The CDC's director previously suggested that communities' rates
                            should be below 5% to comfortably have schools open
                            And test positivity is much worse in certain states -- sitting above 20% Friday in Idaho, Iowa, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Experts including Fauci have said rising positivity rates predict surges in cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
                            An
                            updated forecast from the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation projects the US could reach more than 389,000 total Covid-19 deaths by February 1. More than 217,000 people have already lost their lives to the virus in the US.

The virus is now winning
                            More than 30 states accumulated more new Covid-19 cases this past week compared to the previous week, according to data from Johns Hopkins.
                            The 14 states that reached their highest-ever seven day average of new daily cases were: Alaska, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
                            New Mexico's governor called her state's coronavirus situation "the most serious emergency that New Mexico has ever faced" Thursday.
                            The state's test-positivity rate was 8.1%, she said. It's average of new daily cases over a week -- 457 as of Thursday -- is more than 400% higher than it was at one point in early September.
                            That comes just days after she issued new restrictions to help curb the spread of the virus -- including a limit on mass gatherings and a 10 p.m. closing time for establishments serving alcohol.
                            "The virus is now winning," Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham said. "We're in uncharted waters."
                            In parts of the state, ICU beds are "full," according to New Mexico Health and Human Services Secretary David Scrase.
                            "This is a serious time for the state of New Mexico," Scrase said, adding the state's curve for seven-day average daily cases was "dwarfing previous curves."

Masks could save 70,000 lives
                            It doesn't have to be this way. Experts have repeatedly said that doubling down on simple safety measures including masks, social distancing and hand washing can help slow transmission of the virus.
                            Universal mask wearing could save the lives of more than 70,000 Americans in the next three and a half months, according to
                            IHME projections.
                            And as cooler weather approaches, experts say, there are ways you can see some friends and family while still staying safe.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                            X