In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed robbers' car stolen during Colorado heist, police say

Three gun-wielding thieves in Colorado allegedly robbed a cheque-cashing business, but, before they could escape, a fourth person stole their getaway car, police said. Commerce City police arrested two of three suspects on Saturday, describing the series of events as "an unexpected and ironic twist". Adding to the irony, their car may have "already been stolen", police wrote on Facebook. "We don't know." Police say an investigation is ongoing. On Saturday morning, three armed and masked people attempted to rob Hi Lo Check Cashing, the Commerce City Police Department said in a statement. They are believed to be under 18, according to local news, citing a spokesperson for the department. "As the trio was robbing the business…a fourth criminal stole their getaway vehicle," police said. Before the alleged thieves could flee on foot, "officers infiltrated the area and quickly chased" them down, police said.​ "We are relieved no one was injured," police said. The Shakespearean-like coincidence of robbers getting robbed at the scene was not lost upon Facebook users who commented on the Commerce City police's Facebook post. One woman asked if this was from Grand Theft Auto, with a laughing emoji. "What a plot twist," another user wrote, to which the police responded, "we can't make this stuff up". Car thefts have been on the rise in the US, up nearly 11% in 2022, according to the latest FBI data. Meanwhile, check cashing stores, which have hundreds of dollars of cash on hand, are frequent robbery targets.​

Three masked gunmen attempted to rob a Colorado business. Their escape plans were quickly spoiled.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Could just get an Uber
      Blah

Comment

• The Icelandics are playing with fire yet again - "it was expected to be unexpected"

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Comment

• It's kinda windy over here - avg 30 m/s and top 44 m/s. Oh, and a bit wet too - sea level 1,8 to 3 meter over normal height.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              What planet are you on?

• What makes Varespladib promising is that it blocks phospholipase-A2, a highly toxic protein that is present in 95% of all snake venoms and plays a direct role in life-threatening tissue destruction, catastrophic bleeding, paralysis and respiratory failure. Proponents say the small synthetic molecule has the potential to stop or reverse neurological damage, as well as restore normal blood clotting ability when administered immediately after envenoming.

my god I cant believe how much anti-venom costs. But this pill can be taken into the field and buy victims time to get to the hospital

Comment

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              when I was a kid in Poway California walking thru brush I stepped on something that felt like a water filled fire hose. I took a few steps and looked around and whatever it was disappeared. It could have been a rattler or it could have been a king snake that just fed on a rattler . In Marin county I saw a snake coming down off the hillside slithering into a drainage grate. It was so long I couldn't see the head or the tail. Course I was a kid so I'm sure it wasn't as big as my eyes made it to be, but it was a huge snake. Hell, could have been a boa or python.

• video of Japan quake causing a street to 'breathe'

Comment

• Ronny Kay was considered an important figure in Montreal’s Chinese community. He was a businessman, a part-time actor, and his friends and family say he was active in his neighbourhood. That was until Sept. 17, 2022 – the day he had an argument with his girlfriend. He seemed to be in distress, and police were called in. Then, Kay was shot dead in the middle of the street. One year later, community members say they still aren’t clear on just why Kay was shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ron-kay-1-6106627-1665615413365.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	9466671

Comment

• Blah

Comment

• Also this:

An Oklahoma teenager is believed to have become the first human player to beat Nintendo's classic video game Tetris, 34 years after its release.

Willis Gibson posted a video on his YouTube channel of the moment he reached level 157, causing the game to crash.
                  (...)
                  Willis Gibson posted a video on YouTube of the moment he reached level 157, causing the game to crash.

Blah

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Weirdly, I have never played Tetris...

• I did, so much I saw falling blocks in my eyelids when trying to sleep

Man is suing business/eatery for exploding toilet, the toilet is fine but the customer ended up wearing his deposit

Comment

• Scientists at Nottingham Trent University wanted to investigate the anti-cancer properties of carnosine against cells derived from both primary and metastatic prostate cancer—where the cancer began and where it had spread to another part of the body.

Carnosine is produced by the body and is found in meat. The body's enzymes break it down quickly so they're looking at ways to bypass that problem

meat to cure cancer

Comment

• Nude man nabbed by police after ‘cannonball’ plunge into giant aquarium at Bass Pro Shop in Alabama
                      Police in Alabama say a man crashed his car outside a Bass Pro Shop in Alabama, stripped down to his birthday suit and then plunged into the giant aquarium inside the store.

https://apnews.com/article/bass-pro-...c4718498c914b3
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bet I know who he supports for POTUS...

• From the article:

The 42-year-old Alabama man did a “cannonball” leap into the aquarium and then stood under a waterfall. He left the water to yell at two officers, then dove back into the aquarium, police said.
                      Blah

Comment

• Exploding toilet at a Dunkin’ store in Florida left a customer filthy and injured, lawsuit claims

​ ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A customer has filed a negligence lawsuit against Dunkin’, claiming he was injured by an exploding toilet at one of the coffee chain’s locations in central Florida.
                        Paul Kerouac is seeking more than $100,000 in a lawsuit filed Wednesday in state court in Orlando, claiming he suffered “severe and long term injuries” following the explosion of a toilet in the men’s room of a Dunkin’ location in Winter Park, Florida, a year ago.
                        After the explosion left Kerouac covered in human feces, urine and debris, he walked out of the men’s room seeking help from workers and the store’s manager, according to the lawsuit. An employee told him that they were aware of the “problem with the toilet” since there had been previous incidents, the lawsuit says, without diving into further details about the explosion.
                        When contacted Thursday by email for more details on Kerouac’s injuries, his attorney, Scott Spradley, said he was tied up and couldn’t answer the questions until the following day. The Canton, Massachusetts-based company did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
                        The lawsuit says Kerouac suffered “bodily injury,” and he has required mental health care and counseling since the incident in January 2022.

https://apnews.com/article/dunkin-do...0bfbaffb094aa8

Comment

• Berzerker
                          Berzerker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ouch, that worker wont be employed long, he won the guy's lawsuit by admitting the problem happened before
                      Working...
                      X