Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    World's biggest deadbeat continues the ripoffs... Didn't Trump supporters send him millions for 'campaign expenses'?
    U.S. President Donald Trump owes millions in unpaid rally expenses to cities across America, accounting for a small sliver of the looming debt he'll face when he leaves the White House.

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    commented on 's reply
    I'd love it if they didn't extradite him, but let's face it, the UK isn't that far from the US wrt being against wikileaks and Assange. The fact that they denied extradition on grounds that the us can (relatively) easily address will mean that unless the Biden Administration somehow wants to stop the request (wish i don't really think likely), or if for some reason the US thinks that promising to treat Assange like a human being sets too much of an unwanted precedent, then his extradition is just a matter of time.

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    I read the decision. I also discussed it with a friend of mine, who is a retired legal council for the Canadian Department of Justice. He believes that they made the right decision (refusing extradition) but for the wrong reasons. I agree.

• N35t0r
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
    Assange will not be extradited to the US.
    If you read the decision, the UK pretty much had all the intention of extraditing Assange, only they wouldn't have him over for him to essentially kill himself.

Leave a comment:

• DARcness
    replied

Band's frontman reported dead at the end of last year. I think I last saw him playing a few years ago at the Senate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZcFdPhX7SI

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Assange will not be extradited to the US.

The ability of the US to unleash violence against foreign populations depends on its domestic citizenry not being aware of the consequences. Consent for the Vietnam war, for example, began to crumble when US citizens saw footage from the conflict of screaming children with their clothes burned away by napalm, or became aware of the hundreds who were slaughtered by US forces in the My Lai massacre. Since then, the US government has become more adept at managing media coverage, including the embedding of journalists in military units. The use of drone strikes – drastically accelerated by Barack Obama, who used them 10 times more than his predecessor – killed unknown numbers of civilians who remained largely anonymous. Civilian deaths from airstrikes in Afghanistan increased by 330% in four years under Donald Trump, and he not only upped the drone strikes, he revoked a policy to publish the number of civilians killed by drone strikes outside of war zones.
    “The US war machine depends on being able to airbrush out of existence the brutal human realities. If innocent civilians can be silently killed without consequences, then there is nothing to stop even more suffering the same fate.
    Refusing to extradite Assange to the US on mental health grounds is humane, but it doesn’t protect future whistleblowers, says Guardian columnist Owen Jones

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    Just a flash in the pan...

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    Flash Player is dead
    Originally posted by BBC
    Adobe Flash Player is finally laid to rest

Adobe Flash Player, the browser plug-in that brought rich animations and interactivity to the early web, has officially reached the end of its life.

Released in 1996, Flash was once one of the most popular ways for people to stream videos and play games online.

But it was plagued with security problems and failed to transition to the smartphone era.

Adobe will no longer offer security updates for Flash and has urged people to uninstall it.

It will also stop videos and animations running in its Flash Player from 12 January.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55497353

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    City block blown up in downtown Nashville Tennessee. It was a white guy. Nothing to see here.

'Merca!

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    In monolith news: Gingerbread for Christmas!

https://www.cnet.com/news/gingerbrea...san-francisco/

(Maybe a DP on my part, but this is the correct thread for this story...)

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    I guess while he is still slightly relevant, Trump is doing his April 1 jokes now.
    (I'm still waiting for Civil War 2)

An executive order says new federal buildings should be in the Greco-Roman classical style.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Best of The Beaverton.
    VARIOUS LOCATIONS AROUND THE WORLD - Following President Donald Trump’s announcement that the United States is designating ANTIFA as a terrorist organization, the loosely connected individuals around the world involved in the movement to oppose fascism were surprised to discover that they are in fact all one big organization.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Finally the Trump Administration makes sense.

LONDON – Renowned graffiti artist Banksy stunned the world this week when it was revealed that Donald Trump has been an elaborate, multi-media, site specific performance installation by the elusive artist this whole time. In the piece, Banksy — whose identity has never been revealed — used his classic style of creating life-sized two dimensional …

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    commented on 's reply
    Never sit beside a window, in your underwear, drinking tea in Novosibirsk.

• N35t0r
    replied
    Dangerous things in Russia:
    • Windows
    • Tea
    • Underwear

Leave a comment:

Working...
X