Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blah

Comment

• Bye bye trump. Lets hope he and his children will face Some lengthy jail time.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Dauphin
        Dauphin commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s pronounced “Bye den!”

• I'm kinda surprised people are celebrating. Okay, not surprised, perhaps "annoyed." Trump literally approaches the theoretical limit of incompetence; he does very little, most of what he attempts to do is counterproductive to his stated goals, and he seldom succeeds in doing it anyway. Even many people who support him acknowledge that he's a vain, childish, contemptible ass--he just happens to be a bulwark against their enemies. He's been replaced, by a somewhat embarrassingly narrow margin, by a candidate who would seem frankly underwhelming if pitted against literally any president of my lifetime. He will probably face a deadlocked congress and a hostile court; the best he can hope for is a solid win in Georgia allowing his vice president to legislate by breaking endless ties. This is, from my increasingly libertarian-ish point of view, far better than I would have hoped for, but it's a pathetic excuse for a Blue victory.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Sucks to be American... maybe a little less than it did last week. The rest of the world, however, is pleased than we will no longer have to deal with a very large, loud, powerful toddler at Chuck E Cheese.

• Elok is a nerd.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• The reds are happy to be rid of him.

Comment

• That's a mean thing to say about Elok.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Looks like the final electoral count will be 306 for Biden.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The fact that T doesn't want to leave office and instead makes up all kinds of nonsense (again) just tells me how important it was to chase him otta the WH.

A less erratic, but more disciplined, strategic and equally ruthless and mean guy could have driven the US into a far more absurd direction. Those 4 yrs should serve as a healthy reminder in the future, but let's see (and hope for the best )

Kudos who folks who didn't let this stand.
              Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                The fact that T doesn't want to leave office and instead makes up all kinds of nonsense (again) just tells me how important it was to chase him otta the WH.

A less erratic, but more disciplined, strategic and equally ruthless and mean guy could have driven the US into a far more absurd direction. Those 4 yrs should serve as a healthy reminder in the future, but let's see (and hope for the best )

Kudos who folks who didn't let this stand.
                I apologize it took so long and thank you for your faith and patience in our nation. Many of us appreciate the friendship and wisdom of our European brothers and sisters and do not take it for granted.

This isn’t over until January, but rest assured there are watchers out there in the trenches fighting to maintain decency in the decades to come.

Democracy isn’t a state, it’s an act.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  I'm kinda surprised people are celebrating. Okay, not surprised, perhaps "annoyed." Trump literally approaches the theoretical limit of incompetence; he does very little, most of what he attempts to do is counterproductive to his stated goals, and he seldom succeeds in doing it anyway. Even many people who support him acknowledge that he's a vain, childish, contemptible ass--he just happens to be a bulwark against their enemies. He's been replaced, by a somewhat embarrassingly narrow margin, by a candidate who would seem frankly underwhelming if pitted against literally any president of my lifetime. He will probably face a deadlocked congress and a hostile court; the best he can hope for is a solid win in Georgia allowing his vice president to legislate by breaking endless ties. This is, from my increasingly libertarian-ish point of view, far better than I would have hoped for, but it's a pathetic excuse for a Blue victory.
                  It doesn't have much to do with Biden. Trump is dissonance. He transcends simple political tribalism. Some people like it, others can't stand it. The last four years have been like having an inescapable off key rendition of fingernails on a chalkboard being blasted 24/7. Anything that turns it down a bit is worth cheering.

As someone left of Bernie, I don't think Biden is a good choice. But I'll celebrate Trump being dragged out of the White House. I know a lot of lifelong Rs that will find it a relief too. Some who are openly cheering for it already.

Comment

• The new President with the new White House dog...

Harkens back to the days when the President wasn't a piece of crap.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Trump, the first president in a century with no dog, explains why: ‘I don’t have any time.'

what a dumbass

Comment

• Trump is a WINNER!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Grover Cleveland had two terms.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Or was he a one term President twice?

• At this point, Trumps only path to 270 involves losing about 50 pounds.

Comment

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            But, but he said he won by a lot???
                        Working...
                        X