No announcement yet.

Who do you tip to win the US presidential election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE]Trump Calls for Firing of Fox Reporter Who Quoted Atlantic Article on Veterans[/QUOTE]

Blah

Comment

• [QUOTE=BeBro;n9398099]I honestly have a very hard time believing that particular hit piece claim (the core claim not that Fox also mentioned it). We have five other people who were all there, including people who dislike and don’t get along with Trump (such as John Bolton), all saying it never happened. Mean while it reads like a very bad cosplay script written by someone with Trump Derangement Syndrome. Oh, and the original source making the claim just so happens to be owned by a Biden mega donor.

Yeah, if you don’t smell anything off on that then you don’t have a sense of smell.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• No idea if he said these things, but he reverted to type and invented an alibi nonetheless. He claimed he called home to Melania to say how upset he was he couldn't go the to the ceremony. But Melania was with him in Paris.

And he definitely said he doesn't like POWs, he likes soldiers who don't get caught.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          At the time, most everyone was calling BS on the cancellation in France, because the excuses were transparently stupid ("It was raining, helicopter couldn't fly" and "Secret Service refused to drive there").

• He has said enough negative things about veterans, that it amazes me he has any veteran support.

The Generic Ballot is still 5-8 points in Biden's favor. There is probably a 2-3 point EC advantage, so that probably means that Trump is winning by 2-5 points. A standard polling error is around 3 points.

There can be motion, but if we assume no motion that would put Biden's odds as better than 85%. I believe that the 70% that 538 presents is based on the idea that there is real uncertainty, which could significantly move things in Trump's favor.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• This is not about Trump (however much he likes to believe otherwise). It certainly isn't about Biden. This is about tribe. People who support Trump aren't actually supporting Trump, they're opposing progressives. That's what you're missing. He may very well have said offensive things about veterans. This doesn't matter, first because it can't be proven to his supporters' satisfaction (four anonymous sources' word means squat) and second because everyone with a lick of sense already knows Trump is a moral dumpster fire. We really don't like disparaging veterans, but we also really don't like sexual assault, and he got elected after blathering about how much he enjoyed that, and having it recorded.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• ricketyclik
            ricketyclik commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you're on the money here Elok.

• Elok is a nerd.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• This does all dovetail neatly into Trump's continuing disregard for the multiple confirmed stories of Russia-funded bounty killings of US armed forces by the Taliban. He just keeps pretending it's not a thing, claiming only "I was never briefed on it."
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• While Trump is too busy talking about himself...

Trump largely silent on historically devastating Western fires

President Donald Trump has yet to offer any public statement of support amid historic wildfires spreading in the Pacific northwest and northern California -- even though he vowed federal intervention in those states earlier this summer amid racial unrest.
              Trump last weighed in on the devastating fires in California in the middle of August, when another round of blazes was burning north of the Bay Area. His familiar response was to blame the state's forest management.
              "They're starting again in California," he said at a rally. "I said, you gotta clean your floors, you gotta clean your forests -- there are many, many years of leaves and broken trees and they're like, like, so flammable, you touch them and it goes up."
              He hasn't weighed in on the more recent fires, which have spread to Washington and Oregon. He sent several tweets and retweets on Thursday morning but none about the fires.
              Oregon's Democratic governor has said there could be unparalleled devastation in her state, both in terms of property damage and deaths. More than 2.5 million acres have burned in California, a historic figure.
              The Federal Emergency Management Agency has freed up some federal funds for combating the blazes and Trump signed a disaster declaration for California in August, but he has yet to sign one for Oregon, whose governor said she sent in the request on Wednesday night. And he's so far remained largely silent on the spreading fires.
              That is hardly the same response Trump demonstrated after
              some protests turned violent in Portland and Seattle earlier this summer. The President dispatched federal law enforcement to Portland to protect a federal courthouse, leading to scenes of violent clashes and accusations of federal overreach. Federal officers were also dispatched to Seattle amid protests.
              In total, one person has died in the Portland unrest. So far, at least seven people have died in the wildfires and more deaths are expected.
              "This could be the greatest loss of human lives and property due to wildfire in our state's history," Oregon Gov. Kate Brown, a Democrat, said Wednesday.
              Trump has a history of dismissing wildfires and other natural disasters on the West Coast, where he does not enjoy widespread support. When he visited the site of a major fire in Butte County in 2018, he mistakenly called the town "Pleasure" instead of "Paradise."
              A former Department of Homeland Security official,
              Miles Taylor, has said Trump sought to withhold emergency money to California amid previous fires.
              "He told us to stop giving money to people whose houses had burned down from a wildfire because he was so rageful that people in the state of California didn't support him and that politically it wasn't a base for him," Taylor said recently.
              This is so typical of Trump... his total lack of concern for the American People is just plain evil.
              He's more concerned about himself than the people he has sworn to serve.
              And heaven forbid you live in a Blue State, because than your life matter even less to him.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                This is not about Trump (however much he likes to believe otherwise). It certainly isn't about Biden. This is about tribe. People who support Trump aren't actually supporting Trump, they're opposing progressives. That's what you're missing. He may very well have said offensive things about veterans. This doesn't matter, first because it can't be proven to his supporters' satisfaction (four anonymous sources' word means squat) and second because everyone with a lick of sense already knows Trump is a moral dumpster fire. We really don't like disparaging veterans, but we also really don't like sexual assault, and he got elected after blathering about how much he enjoyed that, and having it recorded.
                The veteran hate story is thoroughly debunked like most of the lies. But you're right that we hate the extremists, even though you call them progressives (which helps the extremists).
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

The veteran hate story is thoroughly debunked like most of the lies. .

Only in yours and Trump dreams...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Every witness says it's fake.

Comment

• Except the witness that reported it.. while the people that claim he didn't say it are all Trump lap dogs.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Anonymous sources don't mean diddly. Any normal person knows that now.

Comment

• "
                          SubscribeAutoworker Biden cursed at protests him in return Michigan visit

By Emily Larsen
                          September 9, 2020 - 5:58 PM

WARREN, Michigan — The Detroit automobile worker who Joe Biden cursed at earlier this year protested the former vice president's campaign appearance in a Detroit suburb on Wednesday and warned that many union workers do not agree with the union decisions to endorse him.

Jerry Wayne, who works at the Fiat-Chrysler auto plant in Detroit, first encountered Biden when the Democratic presidential candidate toured the automobile plant in March. When Wayne accused Biden of trying to take away guns, the former vice president snapped at him: "You're full of ****. I support the Second Amendment."

"He kind of jumped off the deep end there," Wayne told the Washington Examiner about that confrontation, saying that he had asked Biden another question that he ignored that day, which was about how Biden would ensure that union members keep working.

On Wednesday, Wayne joined a few dozen supporters of President Trump outside the United Auto Workers headquarters in Warren, Michigan, as Biden gave a speech about his plan to "ensure the future is made in America."

"He didn't care too much about the fact that we need to have work," Wayne said. "We're in a pandemic right now, and our unions are working full time. We're doing really well even though there is a pandemic. Yet he wants to come out here and close down the economy again, and people are going to be losing our jobs, and that's our livelihood. We're here to keep America running; he wants to stop."

Comment

• “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                          X