No announcement yet.

New server, take two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I never delete individual posts.. I just hit a lovely 'ban user and remove all their posts' button in the bb forum admin settings and it all gets done in one hit. As yeah chasing down individual posts would take forever and they'll keep coming unless the user is completely deleted/banned.

Hope you or one of the other admins here can find the options for restricting new members and making sign ups harder.. otherwise it'll just get worse now that you're being targetted.

Comment

I too delete "all" posts by user. Unfortunately, the software gets a little weird when you try deleting multiple users in the same thread at the same time. Some times you can, and other times, you have do it individually from the last post moving backwards. What a pain in the....
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Google Webmaster Tools for Apolyton may be compromised? This may mean the server has also been compromised?

Comment

None of my other sites have had this problem, so I don't think it's my Google account. I have been removed from Apolyton Webmaster Tools account so can't check what is going on.

Usually WMT site ownership is verified with a file in the root directory of the site. But can also be via an html code.

Comment

I'll check if something's wrong sever-side, but I don't have any WMT set up myself, I believe.

Yet another ****-up in the VB code of course: https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2020-12720
            Last edited by Solver; June 28, 2020, 10:17.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Seems that there are an issue when commenting a comment like here - my entering was blind and pretty weird. A guess is that my "Dark" style messes things up.

Funny thing, it works fine when i edit the thingy - it's only when i make a response that it start with blank entry.
              Last edited by BlackCat; August 5, 2020, 20:07.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh, just annoyed by this though I found a way :

Click image for larger version

Name:	blaknkload.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	9395566

It was an attempt to load a picture on my local drive - quite annoying when you have to guess what to do

Attached Files
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Have we lost all profile pictures?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Looks that way
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• And, it won't let you add a new one.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Yes. We are all individuals.

So, out of sheer curiosity, can anyone post any images? I tried (3 different ways), and failed.

... and I just did a scan... we are NOT secure.
                        Last edited by Uncle Sparky; August 11, 2020, 18:45.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I think we need a problem Solver to fix this horrible issue.

Does the owner of this site know a problem Solver?
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• And as I previously mentioned, my security software really doesn't like this site right now... I'll check back in a few days and see if things are fixed.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Can we get avatars back, I am getting confused about who is who.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I hope Solver checks in sometime in the future, because I looked at and have no clue what to do about it.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X