Escalation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm outsane!
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• The POTUS accused Biden of being mentally incapable of being President after Biden said "We choose truth over facts."
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Still better than Trump lies over reality.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
          Still better than Trump lies over reality.
          Mental inadequacy is impeachable.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly, we would have to get the GOP to agree with the rest of the world that Trump is mentally inadequate.

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          The POTUS accused Biden of being mentally incapable of being President after Biden said "We choose truth over facts."
          Alternative facts?

Comment

The POTUS accused Biden of being mentally incapable of being President after Biden said "We choose truth over facts."
            We chose covfefe!

Comment

• Truth and Reality have a Liberal bias and therefore have no place in government!
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Dang. Biden also pulled a Hillary and said he has a memory as VP of the Parkland victims visiting the WH. False memory or we have another psychodem.

Comment

I don't care if it's mainstream or not. CNN is mainstream. White Supremacist is not the samething as racist. This is why you are getting this twisted. Nothing he has ever said should convince anyone to commit a mass shooting. You saying that it did is radical. Calling people White Supremacist is racist. You would say the samething if I called black people Black Supremacist or called a Muslim a jihadist. I've been banned from this website because that's what people claimed I was saying.

This is like pulling teeth. You people are so tone dead that you don't understand how your rhetoric and behavior is causing nut cases like this to flip out.
                  Let's get back to the thread's core question: Should we stand by and pretend Trump's attacks on people of color are just "political talk" that don't do actual harm? That he is somehow the reasonable one? That he he bears no responsibility for the dramatic increase in hate crimes in our country?

I say NO.

So does GWB's head speechwriter, Michael Gerson:

President George W. Bush's chief speechwriter, Michael Gerson, has a message for people who are excusing President Trump's racism:

"I had fully intended to ignore President Trump’s latest round of racially charged taunts against an African American elected official, and an African American activist, and an African American journalist and a whole city with a lot of African Americans in it. I had every intention of walking past Trump’s latest outrages and writing about the self-destructive squabbling of the Democratic presidential field, which has chosen to shame former vice president Joe Biden for the sin of being an electable, moderate liberal.

But I made the mistake of pulling James Cone’s 'The Cross and the Lynching Tree' off my shelf — a book designed to shatter convenient complacency. Cone recounts the case of a white mob in Valdosta, Ga., in 1918 that lynched an innocent man named Haynes Turner. Turner’s enraged wife, Mary, promised justice for the killers. The sheriff responded by arresting her and then turning her over to the mob, which included women and children. According to one source, Mary was 'stripped, hung upside down by the ankles, soaked with gasoline, and roasted to death. In the midst of this torment, a white man opened her swollen belly with a hunting knife and her infant fell to the ground and was stomped to death.'

God help us. It is hard to write the words. This evil — the evil of white supremacy, resulting in dehumanization, inhumanity and murder — is the worst stain, the greatest crime, of U.S. history. It is the thing that nearly broke the nation. It is the thing that proved generations of Christians to be vicious hypocrites. It is the thing that turned normal people into moral monsters, capable of burning a grieving widow to death and killing her child.

When the president of the United States plays with that fire or takes that beast out for a walk, it is not just another political event, not just a normal day in campaign 2020. It is a cause for shame. It is the violation of martyrs’ graves. It is obscene graffiti on the Lincoln Memorial. It is, in the eyes of history, the betrayal — the re-betrayal — of Haynes and Mary Turner and their child. And all of this is being done by an ignorant and arrogant narcissist reviving racist tropes for political gain, indifferent to the wreckage he is leaving, the wounds he is ripping open.

Like, I suspect, many others, I am finding it hard to look at resurgent racism as just one in a series of presidential offenses or another in a series of Republican errors. Racism is not just another wrong. The Antietam battlefield is not just another plot of ground. The Edmund Pettus Bridge is not just another bridge. The balcony outside Room 306 at the Lorraine Motel is not just another balcony. As U.S. history hallows some causes, it magnifies some crimes.

What does all this mean politically? It means that Trump’s divisiveness is getting worse, not better. He makes racist comments, appeals to racist sentiments and inflames racist passions. The rationalization that he is not, deep down in his heart, really a racist is meaningless. Trump’s continued offenses mean that a large portion of his political base is energized by racist tropes and the language of white grievance. And it means — whatever their intent — that those who play down, or excuse, or try to walk past these offenses are enablers.

Some political choices are not just stupid or crude. They represent the return of our country’s cruelest, most dangerous passion. Such racism indicts Trump. Treating racism as a typical or minor matter indicts us." — Michael Gerson
                  This isn't just politics. It's the open encouragement of racist impulses without the regard for consequences.And there ARE consequences. Racists with automatic weapons are being triggered and PEOPLE ARE DYING. JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT WHITE.

Those who will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And asshat enablers like Kidicious just keep deflecting the blame from their MAGA narcissist-in-chief.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Look here. An attack on one person has nothing to do with their race. You believe silly things, like "invasion" is racist and encourages hate crimes. That's unfounded and ridiculous. Of course this is political. You people have been doing this crap for 60 years. I'll be damned if I get in the weeds with you.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As usual, you attack me and rant about "you people" without addressing the issue.

• He made a couple mistakes that doesn't keep up appearances. That's all I'll give you. You can't make a mountain out of a mole hill and expect people to debate you will you behave hysterically.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This isn't even remotely about "a couple mistakes." From the Trump Tower escalator, he literally started his campaign by demonizing Mexicans, and has vilified and promoted hatred of outsiders, especially people of color and non-Christians, on a constant basis ever since. I'm not focused on proving Trump is racist. It's more about his tacit (that means implied, not directly stated) acceptance and promotion of racism among his base. If it's possible to do that and not be considered racist, um, OK -- call it what you want.

• I'll give you an example. This drives me up the wall. Trump was in a meeting with Democrats. The Ds come out of the meeting and say Trump is a racist and said, "****hole." It was a private meeting. The press wasn't even there. Still to this day we have to hear this crap over and over again. He never said that to black people if he even said it. He didn't say that to mentally I'll anti-immigration people. If he did say it, and the Ds didn't lie he only said it to them. But this is so-called evidence that he is anti-black.

Comment

• Great example!
                      1) It was a bipartisan meeting on immigration. Lindsey Graham was among the Republicans there.
                      2) Trump does not deny saying it. Graham and the other GOP attendees don't deny it either.

But really, you're missing the point, man. This is about Trump's effect on racists. There's a reason that orgs and websites like the KKK, Proud Boys, et al., are all Trump supporters: It's because he has signalled that he's OK with their hate-fueled views.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center:
                      The number of active hate groups in the United States has surged to a 20-year high, according to a report released Wednesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which claims that younger extremists prefer “polo shirts and khakis to Klan robes.” The groups include neo-Nazis, white supremacists, black nationalists and neo-confederates, among others. The civil-rights organization counted 1,020 hate groups in its annual survey, up from 784 just four years earlier. The most significant recent growth has occurred in white nationalist organizations, up from 193 to 264 in the past two years, said Heidi Beirich, director of SPLC’s Intelligence Project.
                      This trend started earlier, yes. But these hate groups are growing faster on Trump's watch for a reason. He's signalling that under his brand of leadership, the US government is OK with their hatred and resulting actions.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I consider it an attack when you people call people racist. For me to argue with you would be like arguing with a Nazi about jews.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just so we're clear: You refuse to debate the topic seriously, and consider any such attempt an "attack."
                          Then you compare me to a nazi and change the topic to Fredo T-shirts.

Look, I don't have any expectations that you will ever change your mind. So I guess I should thank you for this weak, lame-ass response that basically shows how indefensible Trump is, even to his fan-boys.

• Kidlicious
                          Kidlicious commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I compared arguing with you to arguing with a Nazi but thanks for proving my point

• Trump has t-shirt on his website with "Fredo unhinged" written on it. That's an ethnic slur according to CNN.

Certified Website of Donald J. Trump For President 2024. America's comeback starts right now. Join our movement to Make America Great Again!
                        Last edited by Kidlicious; August 14, 2019, 06:09.

Comment

Working...
                        X