Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner
    replied
    If the choice is between this horrible slave's bargain and no deal then sane people should take no deal every time.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    commented on 's reply
    She finds it embarrassing so she is trying to hide it. She will probably be found in contempt of Parliament but I don't know if that really means anything.

• BeBMan
    replied
    I understand the immediate consequences are political costs -- Mays gov is already in a bad position, and this comes in right before an important decision/debate on Brexit, where she'd need all the support she can get, so this does rather undermine her further (below it's said to be more a distraction, not a disaster, tho).

Beyond that I found this:

Commons Speaker John Bercow said late on Monday there was an "arguable case" that a contempt of Parliament had been committed.

However, the government then tabled an amendment to have the issue referred to MPs on the Privileges Committee to investigate whether its response fulfils all its obligations, taking into account any relevant past cases.

BBC political correspondent Iain Watson said any defeat over the legal advice would be likely to come as "an unwelcome distraction rather than a disaster" for the prime minister.

"While ultimately a parliamentary committee could decide to reprimand or suspend ministers, it's highly likely no sanction would be applied before next week's crucial vote on the Brexit deal," he said.

Somewhat down in: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46435128

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    How does May justify not revealing the full legal analysis of the Brexit deal to Parliament? Now that the Speaker says the government probably broke the law by not revealing the full analysis, are there any consequences?

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    It actually was true prior to the reforms in 2008, fool.

Leave a comment:

• I AM MOBIUS
    replied
    There's even a Euromyth about EU regulation of pizza sizes - a subject we all know is very close to your heart!

Keeping you up-to-date with the latest news from the European Commission Representation in the UK

You ineffable ********!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• I AM MOBIUS
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinner

The main reason the economy for most of Europe has sucked for so long (minus a few bubbles which popped) is due to over regulation, high taxes, and a lack of free trade. I mean the EU even regulates how curved bananas have to be in order to be legal to sell. It is just absurd.
    I can't believe you've been sucked in by the Euromyths - you really are a totally brain-dead piece of ****!!!

Here: https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

****wit!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    commented on 's reply
    I stand corrected.

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    We have better ways of tragically endangering our children.

• -Jrabbit
    commented on 's reply
    Umm yes. From July 2008:

• spambot
    replied
    The main reason the economy for most of the United States has sucked for so long (minus a few bubbles which popped) is due to over regulation, high taxes, and a lack of free trade. I mean the USA even bans Kinder Surprise eggs. It is just absurd.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Cheap bananas American companies ship around the world should be banned. Disgusting :banana:

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    commented on 's reply
    Umm no. Unless you have a different definition of “did”.

• Dinner
    replied
    Yeah, I checked. They basically got shamed into changing the banana law in 2008 but it still makes a good example because it really was something the dumb asses did.

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    they can't put a limit to my banana. enough said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X