X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dauphin
    replied
    Brexit irony:

Taking back control of something you never gave up, by losing everything you currently have.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Interesting read about everything the UK loses and the difficulties it will face due to its decision to leave the EU:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qOy...TWyj5heTZ/view

Leave a comment:

• Broken_Erika
    replied
    Meanwhile the Tories are just bad actors......

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I, honestly, would prefer a fair deal over no deal but the unelected and autocratic European Commission has made it abundantly clear that they are bad faith actors, that they do not want a mutually good deal, they want to punish the UK in order to discourage others from leaving.... So, the reality is no deal is the best they can get and they must stick their fingers in the eyes of the would be dictators on the EC.

The UK simply must have the grit to go on and it will help that the EC can only cause short term disruptions. In the long run the UK will be better off. Further more, its success will show everyone else there is a viable other way compared to the anti-democratic dictates of the unelected European Commission. They simply must have the strength to walk that road.
    Last edited by Dinner; December 19, 2018, 07:54.

Leave a comment:

• Heresson
    replied
    I encourage you to visit Brexit Insider group (or was it the other one, Very Brexit problems) at facebook. A lot of funny memes.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    wait, so britain wants free trade that's why she (kinda) "chose" brexit so that she rects trade barriers with how many countries? 1? no 2? no 3? no 4? no 5? no 6? no 7? no 8? no 9? no - I GOT BORED of typing, with 27 countries. yeah... that makes sense. however apart for this schizophrenic approach (in the ancient sense of the word) I agree with dinner that it's a tragedy may survived. they would have johnon or something as PM. that's alex jones leading britain. oh the laughter we were deprived off...
    Considering the fact that Boris Johnson was the person who contributed to the mess (i.e. the Brexiteers narrowly winning the referendum), it would have been apt if he would be the one who leads the UK (and can be made personally responsible for the whole mess)
    Unfortunately it seems like, even if May had lost the no-confidence vote, Johnson would have been too unpopular to actually become Mays successor

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    wait, so britain wants free trade that's why she (kinda) "chose" brexit so that she rects trade barriers with how many countries? 1? no 2? no 3? no 4? no 5? no 6? no 7? no 8? no 9? no - I GOT BORED of typing, with 27 countries. yeah... that makes sense. however apart for this schizophrenic approach (in the ancient sense of the word) I agree with dinner that it's a tragedy may survived. they would have johnon or something as PM. that's alex jones leading britain. oh the laughter we were deprived off...

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    Originally posted by spambot View Post
    What did the EU do to make Oerdin so upset? Did they ban 48 inch pizzas?
    They found out he's always wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    I am pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• BlackCat
    replied
    I'm pretty sure that Oerdin thinks that free trade means that US dictates the terms and get pissed when other countries disagree.

Leave a comment:

• spambot
    replied
    What did the EU do to make Oerdin so upset? Did they ban 48 inch pizzas?

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Just because the EU wants to bully and claim protection payments must be made to it, that does not make it so. Also the EU has treated countries like Switzerland and Norway horribly with an intolerably high and imperious hand. They buckled because they saw themselves as weak with no other choice than to give into the EU's immoral extortions. Hopefully, the UK will not.

The EU is nothing more than an organized crime network and it should be treated exactly that way, without any legitimacy at all, by every country on Earth.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinner View Post

You are claiming no free trade is possible without EU membership. That is a lie and I am truly hoping to see the EU embargoed and financially punished until it changes its imperialist tune.
    Of course it isn't impossible ... Switzerland, for example, has one.
    But this requires negotations and won't come totally free for the UK (just as it isn't totally free for switzerland (they have to adhere to lots of EU rules in order to be eligible for it)).

Likewise, before, there are important questions with regards to the Brexit that have to be solved, like the question about the border between ireland and the republic of ireland

Everything I see is, that the UK wasted 2 years (in which it would have been required to make earnest plans for the Brexit and do earnest negotiations) with doing almost nothing and hoping that the EU would comer forward and serve them some kind of dream deal on a silver platter ... soem deal where they get all benefits and no liabilities.
    Something that, no surprisingly, didn't manifest .. and now May and the parliament have to come to grips with reality and try to get some last minute deal, in order to prevent that they get a Brexit totally without a deal

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Of course the UK wants more free trade.
    They "just" want it without having the ballast of all the other things that an EU membership entails, like having to pay "membership fees", or having people from eastern europe being allowed as workers in the country.
    The UK wants <all the benefits of the EU, without also accepting its liabilities ... and they have been led astray by populists like Farage and Johnson into believing, that this would be possible, because "we are the UK ... and if we start to negotiate, the EU will cave in very soon and give us all we want"
    You are claiming no free trade is possible without EU membership. That is a lie and I am truly hoping to see the EU embargoed and financially punished until it changes its imperialist tune.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Sadly May politically survived the vote though at least she had to agree not to run again and to step done before the next election.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X