Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dauphin
    replied
    On a practical note, what happens to the border under no deal......

If the U.K. and Ireland don’t put up a border, what will the EU do?

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied
    Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    Also the EU can make an expetion because it is a teddy bear sweetheart compared to crazy UK. It has offered to excempt the WHOLE of ireland from the customs union. The UK doesn't want it because it says it violates their constiutution. What about the EU constitution? Listen, hard border = war. soft norder = in time ireland is whole and united to the catholics. The UK should have thought this through. It didn't and it pays the consequences of its stubborn and irrational and barely democratic choice.
    Exactly ...
    it is not the EUs problem when the UK doesn't accept the compromise to have the whole of Ireland be part of the free trade zone and only have custom controls between Ifreland and the british isle.

It should be common sense hat exempting Ireland AND having no custom controls between Ireland and the british isle is inacceptable

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    Also I think that Greece should veto everything untill the parthenon marbles are returned. theft should not be tolerated, let alone encouraged. Thieves must be held accountable. Same goes for gilbrartar and also Spain should represnet Argentina and claim the malvides too. It's open season for thieves.

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    Also the EU can make an expetion because it is a teddy bear sweetheart compared to crazy UK. It has offered to excempt the WHOLE of ireland from the customs union. The UK doesn't want it because it says it violates their constiutution. What about the EU constitution? Listen, hard border = war. soft norder = in time ireland is whole and united to the catholics. The UK should have thought this through. It didn't and it pays the consequences of its stubborn and irrational and barely democratic choice.

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    Why would the EU do that? Break its own rules I mean. That's not a problem for the EU if the catholics and protestants want to kill eachother. The EU law will be applied throughout the member states and no exception or special treatment will be given. The UK will have to deal with it. It chose violence for northern ireland

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    An honestly good solution would be for both the EU and the UK to just exempt the Irish land border from any customs regime on both sides. Of course, the EU continues to block such common sense solutions as its goal is not to reach a common sense solution and instead is only to act in bad faith and to be puniative.

Thus why no deal is the best realistic deal possible. A good faith deal cannot be reached with a bad faith actor such as the EU.

Leave a comment:

• spambot
    commented on 's reply
    Oerdin like to fantasize about being British.

• Proteus_MST
    commented on 's reply
    Not surprising ... admitting that it would have been justified to resist the german government on moral grounds (i.e. because "exterminating minorities is bad") would have forced him to admit that there actually are cases in which loyality to your principles/morals is more important than loyality to your nation

• Aeson
    replied
    It’s telling that Kids main argument with Hitler is in military strategy ... not with the hatred of those who are different, eugenics, offensive warfare, police state, or fascism.

Hes implying that if Hitler had carried out WWII successfully that would have gotten Kids support in the hypothetical being discussed.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

You are confusing my government with my nation. Same thing Proteus did. Funny, because both of you are governmentophiles. Both of you love government, just anti-nation government.
    Dinner said self determination was about national governments. You said not agreeing with national government was being a traitor. I have maintained that individuals should have the right to self determination, which you called traitorous. So obviously you are the fascist authoritarian.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied

No. Hitler had plans for world domination from the beginning. Just because it looked like he was successful, his plans were disastrous. His big mistake wasn't invading Russia. They were going to invade you. But Hitler made your military strong. His mistake was allowing his ally Japan attack America, who was not going to join the war.
    Germany didn't actually "allow" Japan to attack the USA ... Japan did so without asking beforehand
    (AFAIK the attack on Pearl Harbor was so secretly planned that it came as a surprise to the german high command as well)
    I am sure that Hitler would also have preferred if the Japanese had attacked russia instead (and forced it into a 2 fronts war between Japanese attacks in the east and german attacks in the west)
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 21, 2018, 08:12.

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

At the beginning Hitlers strategy actually resulted in lots of successes ...
    he ended the occupation of the Ruhr valley, he managed the unification with Austria and the annexation of half of Czechoslowakia.

All things that were good for germany as a nation (although bad for Czechoslowakia) ...
    even the war against france and poland can be said to have been good for the nation of germany at that time (as they were successful and resulted in gains of lots of land and infrastructure)

Things only started to get bad when germany attacked the USSR (but also only later during the campaign ... during the beginning it looked like the Blitzkrieg against russia may be as successful as the war against france).

So I totally disagree with you ... for someone living not in our time (where we have the benefit of hindsight), but at the time of the 3rd Reich, the first years of the Hitler regime may actually have looked great ... it may have looked like Hitler would succeed in making germany great again
    No. Hitler had plans for world domination from the beginning. Just because it looked like he was successful, his plans were disastrous. His big mistake wasn't invading Russia. They were going to invade you. But Hitler made your military strong. His mistake was allowing his ally Japan attack America, who was not going to join the war.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied

Of course not. Hitler hated Germany. He caused it's destruction. Are you seriously claiming that Hitler was good for Germany?
    At the beginning Hitlers strategy actually resulted in lots of successes ...
    he ended the occupation of the Ruhr valley, he managed the unification with Austria and the annexation of half of Czechoslowakia.

All things that were good for germany as a nation (although bad for Czechoslowakia) ...
    even the war against france and poland can be said to have been good for the nation of germany at that time (as they were successful and resulted in gains of lots of land and infrastructure)

Things only started to get bad when germany attacked the USSR (but also only later during the campaign ... during the beginning it looked like the Blitzkrieg against russia may be as successful as the war against france).

So I totally disagree with you ... for someone living not in our time (where we have the benefit of hindsight), but at the time of the 3rd Reich, the first years of the Hitler regime may actually have looked great ... it may have looked like Hitler would succeed in making germany great again

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Kid thinks disagreeing with government about what is in your self interest makes a person a traitor ... so Kid was a traitor during the Obama administration?
    You are confusing my government with my nation. Same thing Proteus did. Funny, because both of you are governmentophiles. Both of you love government, just anti-nation government.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    commented on 's reply
    Nicely done
Working...
X