No announcement yet.

Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a horrible deal and no deal is truly better.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The UK has 650 MPs for about 66 million people. The US uses only 435 congressmen for about 326 million people. With modern travel and electronics, maybe the US should increase the number of congressmen to get better representation.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• They artificially cap the number of reps in the house. All it would take it a bill passing Congress to fix that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Another record. 230. Hahaha.
          ORDAH!!!

Blah

Comment

• Theresa May survives yet again. She reminds me of the old guy in the bring out your dead Monty Python skit.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I think more the dead parrot skit, except with the twist that the vendor is not lying.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post

ORDAH!!!
                Huh? I have always been against that horrible deal and still think no deal is a better deal. The EU is a bad faith actor and always has been, they are dead set on making sure no common sense trade deal occurs, so the best option is to just say no deal then wait out the current crop of arrogant incompetents until someone else gets appointed who is interested in a fair deal. I figure next year's recession will likely sharpen their minds and get them to give up the irrational punitive nonsense.

Then the "impossible" will suddenly become possible and everyone will wonder why the **** stain Junckers refused to do such an obviously mutually beneficial deal. I am positive the 30% tax increases will also sharpen minds.

Comment

• He was mocking John Bercow, the speaker of the house. I can only assume you’ve not seen any news coverage from parliament or you would instantly recognise this.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Epic
                      Blah

Comment

• More BS. if the UK want to leave it's their choice an they must accept the unavoidable terms. The article is totally wrong about the facts unless you are living in a fantasy world.
                        It speaks volumes that the EU believes they are so strong as to enforce such provisions. I don't see anywhere in the deal where Britain agreed to these terms. Was it in the joining agreement? Or is this simply a post-hoc reaction to forestall the inevitable?

As it is the leave deal was terrible, and so Britain will leave without a deal. Bad negotiations from the EU.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No deal is not a majority position in the parliament, which was - yes - overwhelmingly against the deal that was on the table, but otherwise is completely split what it actually should be instead. There are various positions from no deal, no Brexit, delay, this or that model (Canada/Norway/whatever).

No deal remains certainly a possibility, but at this point the matter is simply open. Though if I finally get my iPalantir running I'll tell y'all
                          Blah

Comment

• No, not really. Yes, Parliament is split but the default position comes in less than 100 days and is no deal brexit. If the EU wants to protect its access to its biggest export market it had better get a hell of a lot more reasonable and accommodating real fast. Otherwise, the UK really will go free trade and the EU will see its market share shrink and shrink and shrink.

You tried sabotage, it failed, you tried subterfuge, that also failed, so how about you try being honest and reasonable? If the EU is even capable of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              No, not really. Yes, Parliament is split but the default position comes in less than 100 days and is no deal brexit. If the EU wants to protect its access to its biggest export market it had better get a hell of a lot more reasonable and accommodating real fast. Otherwise, the UK really will go free trade and the EU will see its market share shrink and shrink and shrink.

You tried sabotage, it failed, you tried subterfuge, that also failed, so how about you try being honest and reasonable? If the EU is even capable of it.
                              Bull****.
                              Blah

Comment

• Exports from EU ex UK, to the US are on par with their exports to the UK. About 15% of their total exports.

The UKs largest export market is the EU, by a country mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X