No announcement yet.

Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UK is frecked and it is obvious that this small irrational knee jerk island will go down in flames despite the ferverous efforts of the EU to save it. Now. If there was a leadership with vision in the Greek helm, a country ten times smarter than the UK as even recent history shows, then Greece would wait until their indeed was a brexit agreement. Then, it would publicly state that it would unilateraliy veto the agreement upon consition that the parhenon marble be returned. The whole of Europe would cheer such a demand as valiant and just and it would be a strong kick on the teeth of the british colonial thieves and scoundrels. And then we can be friends, no problem.

Comment

• pay your debts

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        They have managed so far according to the terms as agreed to by their lenders.

• They are supposedly looking at 1.9% to 4.9% less GDP in 10 years if they do nothing. I suspect they will actually do a few things which can change those decade from now numbers. It will still be a hit but compared to the cost of say the 2008 financial crisis about 1/4th-1/5th the impact. Again. This is assuming they do nothing else for a whole decade such as secure other new trade agreements or change regulations or tax rates in order to spur increased economic growth.

One thing people did get right is that a large percentage of the impact will fall on the financial industry as the EU is extremely protectionist but the companies themselves have ways to get around it and their HQs will remain in London so the companies themselves won't really be hurt badly and the only thing that will change is where their employees work. For the EU's part it will all face higher costs for every financial service transaction so that will be a drag for it.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

One thing people did get right is that a large percentage of the impact will fall on the financial industry as the EU is extremely protectionist but the companies themselves have ways to get around it and their HQs will remain in London so the companies themselves won't really be hurt badly and the only thing that will change is where their employees work. For the EU's part it will all face higher costs for every financial service transaction so that will be a drag for it.
        This is pure BS.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Go ahead. Explain.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• pay your debts
            increase your intelligence

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              increase your intelligence
              Intelligence is overrated!
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• In order to ensure that, in case of a no deal Brexit, the supply of the british isle across the channel with food and other necessary freight is secured,
                the department of transport of the british government has given a 14 mio GBP contract to a freight company that has no ships and never has transported any freight ...
                a freight company that intend to operate its service from a british port, that most likely doesn't have the necessary facilities to handle freight movement of the dimensions that are planned

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• pchang
                  pchang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Follow the money

• #brexit ... more like #broke**** ... amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                  In order to ensure that, in case of a no deal Brexit, the supply of the british isle across the channel with food and other necessary freight is secured,
                  the department of transport of the british government has given a 14 mio GBP contract to a freight company that has no ships and never has transported any freight ...
                  a freight company that intend to operate its service from a british port, that most likely doesn't have the necessary facilities to handle freight movement of the dimensions that are planned

Sounds like typical conservative graft.

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will do the same job for 13.5 million GBP. I also have no ships or prior shipping record.

• Apparently, this thread is pointless to non-UK residents because the UK really does not matter much anymore.
                  The days in which a major decision by the UK — good or bad — could sway world affairs, are long gone
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The Brexit Ferry company with no boats apparently has some great Ts and Cs. They had copied and pasted them from a template of a pizza delivery service.....

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
                      pchang commented
                      Editing a comment
                      30 minutes or your ferry is free!

• Theresa May is doing well. I think she is now a record holder for votes lost with a record that will never be matched. Thatcher and Blair got four respectively in a decade, May is approaching 30....

Comment

• She has made survival a high art. Its either that or the job is so bad right now that no one else really wants it.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Another record. 230. Hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                        X