Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Proteus, please stop lying. Numerous states not in the EU have free trade agreements. It is only the current **** stains in the Europe Commission who claim it is impossible to have free trade without paying the protection money and making yourself a slave. The EU is a disgusting, corrupt, and anti-democratic organization and that is why I welcome no deal.
    Those free trade deals are not totally free.
    The non EU states have to adhere to EU rules in exchange for participating in the EU free trade zone.

It also took some time of negotiations between those non EU states and the EU (about the specific conditions of tghe deals) in ordere to cement those deals.

If the UK would be willing to have such a deal, they could negotiate one ...they could have started negotiating with the EU about conditions regarding participationg in the EFTA right after May invoked the exit clause. But obviously any such efforts are blocked by the Brexit-Hardliners in the British Parliament, which only want free trade, if the UK doesn't have to follow any rules in exchange for this

It is like with the tarde deals between the UK and non EU states.

The Brexit-Hardliners believed that all non EU states would just agree to copy their trade deals with the EU 1:1 to the after-Brexit-UK.
    Surprise ... this hadn't happened ... the UK alone hasn't the negotiation power that the EU has.

As a result the UK is woefully underprepared for the after-Brexit time when it comes to trade ... and all of its trade relations will most probably fall under the WT default rules.
    Even the big buddy USA only want to give the UK a trade deal, if the Brits are willing to import chlorinated chicken and gene manipulated crops from the USA.

The Brexiters have lived in their own alkternate reality, similar to Trump
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; March 19, 2019, 12:47.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• My poor stupid friend. Numerous states have free trade deals. It is only the corrupt, extremely protectionist, and anti-Democratic organized crime network known as the EU which creates such additional roadblocks. The EU is without question an evil organization and absolutely any measure at all should be used to end its criminal practices and either imprison or execute the cartel leaders. That would be real justice.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Bizarre. States agree to pay when they either:

- are members of the club, and pay into the club (which is what they agreed to when entering the EU, though depending on economical status may end up up as net-payers or net-receivers) to keep it going and enjoy the benefits of the club, one being the common market
        - are not members (like Norway, Switzerland etc), but still want to get similar benefits and therefore agree to pay money in order to participate in the common market
        - or in case of the UK - may have entered legal obligations earlier which they still need to meet (though the actual sum might be debated, the mere fact is not) even when exiting

Which part of this is illegal, and under what law?
        Blah

Comment

• dammit, there are people here who are worth listening to.
          Must dinner's innane farts polute every thread?

He's less than relevent

Comment

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            Unintentional comedy gold!

• Excellent. It comes from pchang. My point underlined

Comment

• You realize dinner looks exactly like a ridiculous clueless old fart with a touch of racism when it comes to , well virtually everything, but in this instance brexit.
            EU countries can't make indivindual deals. He's attacking the institution that safeguardied peace in europe for 70 years. Plus he's siding with the most vile, xenophobic and clueless fraction of british politics. I don't have a dog but if I did, he'd even know it.
            It's pathetic, riidiculous and obvious. Do americans even have brains?

Comment

• Also, he's probably into asian chicks because they're used to small di!cks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
                You realize dinner looks exactly like a ridiculous clueless old fart with a touch of racism when it comes to , well virtually everything, but in this instance brexit.
                EU countries can't make indivindual deals. He's attacking the institution that safeguardied peace in europe for 70 years. Plus he's siding with the most vile, xenophobic and clueless fraction of british politics. I don't have a dog but if I did, he'd even know it.
                It's pathetic, riidiculous and obvious. Do americans even have brains?
                Oerdin is acting like a classic gammon: red-faced, crazed, frothing at the mouth, veins bulging - uniting the Europeans against him...

I still don't understand what's got him so deranged that even BK seems sane next to him...?

If he's trying to troll us Europeans, it's failing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
                  Also, he's probably into asian chicks because they're used to small di!cks.
                  4.8"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                    Do americans even have brains?
                    America elected Donald Trump, so no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

The Brexit-Hardliners believed that all non EU states would just agree to copy their trade deals with the EU 1:1 to the after-Brexit-UK.
                      Surprise ... this hadn't happened ... the UK alone hasn't the negotiation power that the EU has.

The Brexiters have lived in their own alkternate reality, similar to Trump
                      The odd thing about the rolling over argument, to me, is why? Why would the U.K. want to roll over a deal designed to help Spanish olive growers, French wine growers, or Greek tax dodgers? Surely a trade deal that protects U.K. interests and applies to the specific U.K. import-export market the counter-country want to target would make more sense - for both parties.

And the lunacy of a Brexiteer talking about unilateral zero tariffs by the U.K. under no deal would lead to free trade agreements. Floored by the question: So why would they negotiate if you’ve already given them trade free access?

Pro-Brexit columnist James Delingpole was left stumped by BBC host Andrew Neil during a grilling over his advocacy for a no deal Brexit on Thursday night.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Did Brexit win because Brexiteers convinced retired people that smelly foreigners were coming over to take their jobs?
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Pretty much.

• I’d like to steal a retired persons job.

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m not sure you could afford the pay cut.

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                        Did Brexit win because Brexiteers convinced retired people that smelly foreigners were coming over to take their jobs?
                        Not really. It mostly had to do with the deep unpopularity of the EU for its heavy handedness and complete lack of democratic accountability. It is natural for people to want a representative government which is responsive to and accountable to the voters. Hell, post Brexit UK will probably have very low immigration requirements as the economy requires young workers. That said, they will set the rules which means people who come to work will no doubt be welcomed while those who are unskilled, unemployable, or who just come to mooch off the welfare system will just be shown the door (which is how it should be but which cannot be done inside the EU).

It will take time to hammer out new trade agreements after a no deal Brexit but the medium to long term looks very bright. The alternative is to be forever stuck in slavery unable to make any independent agreements and being totally unable to ever leave as the EU would have a veto over the UK being allowed to leave. That is simply not acceptable to any self respecting person.
                        Last edited by Dinner; March 21, 2019, 11:42.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, but the vote itself was clearly powered by straight-up xenophobia and vague fear-mongering.

• Yes, that’s true to an extent, but it’s a shame that that is said without a flinch of sarcasm or awareness of the irony that the UK has a hereditary head of state who gives assent to all laws and an unelected for life second chamber.

Comment

Working...
                        X