Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    "
    Why did she take the time to mention the boys 'locking her in'?"

I think a better question is why didn't her friend hear her scream and all that noise? That's a life long friend. And they never talked about it? In her letter she said there was loud music downstairs, but Mitchell got her to change her story.
    You accuse her of lying when she doesn't remember details and now you're accusing her of lying because she did remember details. Obviously she heard or saw the door locked... What a strange complaint. I'd think locking the door would have been quite memorable given what an ominous sign it would be. She said they turned up the music. Apparently she didn't tell her friend. And what does a friend being life long or not have to do with whether or not her screaming was heard? She was 15 at the time, 'lifelong' wasn't a factor.

She testified when she did yell out Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand leading her to think he'd kill her accidentally. What letter says the music was downstairs and not upstairs? Why dont you know all this when you've been trumpeting the prosecutor's report? Btw, her report says there wouldn't be enough to prosecute Kavanaugh, so what? He wasn't on trial, he wasn't going to jail if his nomination was rejected.

The following is the text of the letter Christine Blasey Ford wrote to Sen. Dianne Feinstein detailing an event in which she accuses Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. CNN was not provided a copy of the letter sent to Feinstein, but a source who had the letter read the contents of a redacted version to CNN.

That letter?

"They locked the door and played loud music"... Mitchell didn't get her to change that detail

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      How did she know that Kavanaugh attempted to rape her and not, say, wrestle her?
      She said he tried to take off her clothes. Grinded his hips into her. Groped her. Put his hand over her mouth when she tried to scream. The intent described in the account is clear to anyone with at least half a brain. You can disbelieve the account, but to pretend the account if true was of something innocent is absurd.

Comment

The problem is that she can't explain how she got out of that situation.
        During this assault, Mark came over and jumped on the bed twice while Brett was on top of me. The last time he did this, we toppled over and Brett was no longer on top of me. I was able to get up and run out of the room. Directly across from the bedroom was a small bathroom. I ran inside the bathroom and locked the door. I waited until I heard Brett and Mark leave the bedroom laughing and walk down the narrow stairs, pin-balling off the walls on the way down. I waited and when I did not hear them come back up the stairs, I left the bathroom, ran down the stairs, through the living room, and left the house.

Comment

Her memory is very precise about some things and very imprecise about others. I can remember exactly where I was when my assault happened. Room, place, apartment, location, everything. She seems to be able to remember all these precise details except some of the most important ones.
          You can't even remember what she actually said even though it's freely available online and even posted in this thread. So pardon me if I doubt you could remember every last detail of something that happened 36 years ago.

Comment

The other point is that there was corroborating evidence of a struggle throughout the apartment, stuff smashed, door off it's hinges and the cuts. Where is the physical evidence for any encounter with Kavanaugh? There isn't any. It's all, "attempted". She's claiming intent and not actions.
            According to the account, she was a 15 yo girl taken by surprise. Kavanaugh was a 17 yo boy, captain of the varsity basketball team and a 2 way football player. If it happened, a physical altercation between the two would be extremely one sided, no damage would be likely. Her account that she was pushed into the room and pinned to the bed and only was able to escape Mark knocked them off the bed is self-consistent with no physical damage to the building.

Comment

What goal posts have I moved?
              First you claimed it was just groping even in her account. I pointed out she claimed much more than just groping. You dropped that goalpost, and took up your new goalpost described by your ridiculous analogy between attempted rape and attempted murder.

Comment

How did he 'attempt' to remove her clothes?
                I understand such things are beyond your comprehension or experience.

Comment

This is actually false. I've locked myself in before. Depends on the door.
                  Have you ever seen a bedroom door in a house with the lock on the outside of the door? Kinda defeats the purpose of having privacy, no?

Why did she take the time to mention the boys 'locking her in'?
                  Because that stuck in her memory?

I find it curious that people are accusing Kavanaugh of attempted rape, but not attempted murder. Christine made both statements in her testimony, "I think, and I believe". To me that raises the question. How did she know that Kavanaugh attempted to rape her and not, say, wrestle her? Did he take his pants off at any time? She does not say that. She claims that he 'attempted to take off her clothes, but again she doesn't say that he did do so. Only that her perception is that he 'attempted'.
                  She didn't accuse him of attempted murder. You think he was wrestling her with his dick? Pants have zippers, they even have waistlines that allow them to be pulled down far enough to take a whizz. I'm sure many a rapist did the deed without removing their pants.

The problem is that she can't explain how she got out of that situation.
                  From her letter:

"From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from "go for it" to "stop."

At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me."

Sounds like Judge stopped Kavanaugh

I can remember exactly where I was when my assault happened. Room, place, apartment, location, everything. She seems to be able to remember all these precise details except some of the most important ones.
                  Were you already familiar with that location? Seems she was never at this house before and probably didn't pay attention to the street names etc when she was traveling to and away from it.

Only actionable content there is that she claims he groped her. The rest relies on her interpretation of events, which, as she claimed she thought her life was in danger that would seem questionable to me. Elevating to attempted rape serves the purpose, but her testimony doesn't actually support that.
                  "Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980's."

She didn't call it attempted rape, but if she did, so what? Or was she supposed to perceive it all as a wrestling match? Yeah, Bart's intent was to pin her under a minute. Some guy tackles a girl, jumps on top and starts grinding his dick into her while trying to remove her clothes sounds like attempted rape to me. I might not convict him of that if he was on trial, but assault? Hell yeah.

Wouldn't it be attempted murder if he tried to kill her as she claims? Nobody here's even mentioned that, yet it's right there in her testimony.
                  She didn't say he tried to kill her, she said when he put his hand over her mouth to silence her screams she thought he would accidentally kill her. She didn't think he was trying to kill her.

As for the incident, the people she's accused all testify that she wasn't even there. This includes her girlfriend whom Christine claimed was there. Casts doubts on the accuracy of her testimony. Let alone her account of what Mark and Kavanaugh did. If she can't even get someone to say, "they were in the same room", then she's got major issues.
                  No, they didn't testify she wasn't there. They testified not remembering the party. The gf also testified she doesn't remember meeting Kavanaugh. Now of all the people involved in this story, which one do you think would have the most reason to remember it?

So she's just going to leave her very best friend in a house where she's been sexually assaulted? Or is she going to try to find her friend and then leave.

Answer the question, Berz. If she sincerely believed that her life was in danger from Kavanaugh, why didn't she call the cops once she got away.
                  She didn't believe her life was in danger once she escaped, she believed he might accidentally kill her during the struggle when he put his hand over her mouth. Maybe the friend was gone when she went downstairs, or maybe she was too embarrassed or ashamed. She said she tried to fix her attire so no one would notice her. Or maybe...just maybe a 15 year old girl who was attacked wasn't thinking too clearly and just wanted to get away.
                  Last edited by Berzerker; October 20, 2018, 22:30.

Comment

• I miss Giancarlo.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Well, the attempted rape happened in a bedroom ... but of course this doesn't matter ... Judge and Kav, of course, locked the room from the inside and there is no reason not to assume that they left the key in the hole (and actually only locked the bedroom in order to not get caught by someone entering the room)
                      Right, I was thinking about the bathroom she ran into to hide after she got away, was Ben claiming the bedroom must have been locked from the outside?

Comment

• Berzerker
                        Berzerker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        which would mean they locked themselves in too

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

You accuse her of lying when she doesn't remember details and now you're accusing her of lying because she did remember details. Obviously she heard or saw the door locked... What a strange complaint. I'd think locking the door would have been quite memorable given what an ominous sign it would be. She said they turned up the music. Apparently she didn't tell her friend. And what does a friend being life long or not have to do with whether or not her screaming was heard? She was 15 at the time, 'lifelong' wasn't a factor.

She testified when she did yell out Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand leading her to think he'd kill her accidentally. What letter says the music was downstairs and not upstairs? Why dont you know all this when you've been trumpeting the prosecutor's report? Btw, her report says there wouldn't be enough to prosecute Kavanaugh, so what? He wasn't on trial, he wasn't going to jail if his nomination was rejected.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/16/polit...ein/index.html

That letter?

"They locked the door and played loud music"... Mitchell didn't get her to change that detail
                      If you still don't get it after I've told you that she yelled and nobody can testify to that even though she says there were witnesses I'm done with you. This is just like your creepy bible interpretations. You're trolling and it's disgusting.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I dont think you guise understand what just happened here. A very long time poaster, Giancarlo, just left this site... FOREVAR. This will affect and change the entire scope of Apolyton. I am surprised you guise are not taking this EXTREMELY seriously.

Im sorry I need a moment to collect myself now.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Order of the Fly

Comment

• This will actually affect soem aspects of my Real Life. It will take at least a month, maybe longer, for me to mentally and physically recover.

Order of the Fly

Comment

• I'm thinking about adopting Giancalo's avatar for a while, in his memory.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                              I dont think you guise understand what just happened here. A very long time poaster, Giancarlo, just left this site... FOREVAR. This will affect and change the entire scope of Apolyton. I am surprised you guise are not taking this EXTREMELY seriously.

Im sorry I need a moment to collect myself now.

He'll be back ... I guess
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X