Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You aren't a sex crimes prosecutor or defense attorney. You don't know what you're talking about. You think you can explain what you call problems with Mitchell's analysis. Let's see it. Or is it like those therapist notes, we never see it?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• And what are you, kid?
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

Based on your logic Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein didn't sexually abuse women until they were charged - and Clinton wasn't charged, so do you think Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick lied? I dont...and I dont think Ford is lying either. We have plenty of character witnesses showing Kavanaugh was a drunken scumbag, even a book by his buddy Mike Judge. In that book Judge calls him Bart. What did Kavanaugh say when he was asked if he was the same Bart? You'd have to ask him (Judge). Really? We know his nickname was Bart, he even signed a letter as Bart Kavanaugh and now he's playing dumb. There's your liar.

My speculation based on her testimony, she didn't even want to come forward now.

Her husband's affadavit claims she told him Kavanaugh's name several years ago

Did Juanita Broaddrick smear Clinton? She accused him more than 2 decades later after denying it even happened.

Who can remember dates? She's spent decades trying to forget about this. She said it happened the summer of '82... Do we have any evidence of a party then? Yes, Kavanaugh's own calendar.

Feinstein said she released Ford's letter to the FBI when reporters showed up at Ford's home asking about her accusation and that someone else leaked her identity. Ford did contact the Washington Post and Congresswoman Eshoo before a letter was sent to Feinstein, so its possible Feinstein wasn't the leaker.

Did Kavanaugh deny knowing her? She named 3 boys - Kavanaugh, Judge and PJ - at the party. The same 3 boys appear on Kavanaugh's July 1st '82 calendar entry at a party. She said this happened before she got her license at age 16 - she turned 16 about 4 months after July 1st. So we know the time frame. She also said she saw Mike Judge a few weeks after the incident, he was working at a local store. This stuff can be tracked down if the GOP was looking for the truth.
        Do you like beer? I know you like drugs. If you ever get accused of rape how would you like people calling you a drunken scumbag or a druggy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Do you like beer? I know you like drugs. If you ever get accused of rape how would you like people calling you a drunken scumbag or a druggy?
          This alone should get you booted. Kavanaugh is a public figure accused of serious offenses. You are directing your rhetoric towards private people on here. Do you know what libel is? Trust me, Kavanaugh nor Trump can follow through with libel because the accounts against them have merit.

Your insults shows your argument is dead.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not that private He already knows I used plenty of intoxicants because I've said so.

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

This alone should get you booted. Kavanaugh is a public figure accused of serious offenses. You are directing your rhetoric towards private people on here. Do you know what libel is? Trust me, Kavanaugh nor Trump can follow through with libel because the accounts against them have merit.

Your insults shows your argument is dead.
          Are you drunk?

Comment

Are you drunk?
            Keep it up with the personal attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Keep it up with the personal attacks.
              Oh I get it, just like your avatar, holarious.

Comment

• Funny thing about Giancarlo is he thinks after I get banned that he will have winned somehow.

Comment

• Berzerker
                  Berzerker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  then dont get banned

Funny thing about Giancarlo is he thinks after I get banned that he will have winned somehow.
                Winned? Is that a new Trumpian word? Won. .

I don't need you to get banned to win.

Comment

• Still doesn't answer my question. Is there a picture showing Kavanaugh with Christine in 1982?
                  I find it hilarious that you need a picture of them together or otherwise it didn't happen.

I can provide my yearbook with comments from 100's of people that I knew back then but if pressed i could probably only produce pictures with one or two of them. Does that mean I didn't know the other 98. Just plain silly. It's not like now where everyone has a phone with a camera on it.

besides, if he was the creep that she portrays him as, why would she want to take a picture with him.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Let's parse these out. Cosby's accusers (plural), took him to court and won. Weinstein's did the same. Why didn't Christine take Kavanaugh to court?

The answer is that the prosecutors themselves have stated that the evidence that she submitted would be insufficient to pursue a search warrant let alone file a civil case, let alone file a criminal case. The preponderance of evidence is massively in Kavanaugh's favor.

Now, Clinton is a different matter. His reckoning may come. We shall see.
                    We shall see? According to your argument the fact Clinton wasn't charged means he's innocent. Only one accuser took Cosby to court, only one accuser took Weinstein to court, and only one (Paula Jones) took Clinton to court. Again, by your logic all the other women abused by these men lied. What evidence is in his favor? Other people cant remember a party Ford was attacked at? They weren't attacked, why would they remember the party? They didn't witness the attack. The reason these guys were taken to court is because a victim had legal standing to take them to court and they did in spite of the additional abuse heaped upon them.

Who?
                    Himself for one. His yearbook refers to his role in the 100 kegs or bust club, Renate Alumni, etc... His buddy Mark Judge wrote a book about their exploits as obnoxious drunks. Hell, when they rented a place for Beach week he told the neighbors to get out of town because they were obnoxious drunks. And it didn't stop after HS, his college dorm mates said he was a belligerent drunkard and he even got into a fight at a bar by throwing something at someone he was pestering with questions after a UB40 concert. He got his basketball star buddy jailed over that.

We have fourteen women who testified that Kavanaugh was a gentleman. All have known him for many years. All of the people that Ford brought stated that they believed Kavanaugh's account over Ford..
                    Yes, he didn't try rape them, therefore thats evidence he didn't try to rape anyone else. Does that logic work for Cosby, Clinton and Weinstein?

So, we have Judge who can't even spell his name correctly. Does it sound like he was a particularly close friend or a reliable witness on Kavanaugh?
                    How did Judge misspell his name? He called him Bart in his book, that became Kavanaugh's nickname after a teacher called him Bart by mistake. Kavanaugh actually signed a letter using Bart as his name. Now you think his good buddy barely knew him? Did Kavanaugh say Judge didn't know him much? I thought he called him a good friend and they still maintain contact. Hell, Kav was teary eyed when he recounted how his buddy Mike suffered from alcohol addiction. Judge denied the attempted rape and now you're telling us he cant be trusted?

That doesn't answer the question as her testimony never dealt with the question as to why she didn't bring this up in 2003 when he was nominated for the Appellate court.
                    Yes it does, she didn't want to come forward when he was nominated for the SCOTUS, why would she want to come forward for a lower position? Why didn't Broaddrick accuse Clinton back when he was Ark AG? She waited until '99 when Clinton was into his 2nd term. Do you think she lied too?

Where? Do you have a source for that?
                    I posted it twice... The link is in post #260

Kavanaugh.
                    What date can he remember?

We have evidence supplied by Kavanaugh himself that he had parties that summer, yes.

But do we have evidence that Christine was there for any of those parties?
                    What evidence did he supply? A calendar... Yes, a calendar that shows he went to a party with his buddies at Timmy's house on July 1st 1982. Now, do we have evidence she attended a party? Yes, she named 3 boys who were at the party. The same 3 boys named on his calendar. So how did she know that if she's making it all up? Kavanaugh's such a dimbulb he supplied the evidence for her.

Now here's the problem, he said he only partied on weekends that summer and he spent weekends out of town. Therefore he didn't attend the party Ford is talking about. But his calendar shows he partied on a Thursday night at Timmy's house.

So why didn't Feinstein bring the accusation before the Senate back in July when she knew about it?
                    She was told to keep Ford's identity secret.

Doubtful. We have evidence that Feinstein knew about it and she has a motivation to leak the story.
                    Lots of people had a motive and they knew about it too. The letter to Feinstein wasn't leaked, Ford's identity was leaked.

Still doesn't answer my question. Is there a picture showing Kavanaugh with Christine in 1982?
                    We have a photo of Kavanaugh with his 2nd accuser, none with Ford.

They also appear in Judge's book, which Christine read prior to ever making accusations against Kavanaugh.
                    You mean the book written by the guy who barely knew Kavanaugh? I didn't know she read his book, where did you get that? Is there a passage describing how Kavanaugh, Judge, PJ and a 4th unnamed boy went to a party in the summer of '82?

Then why didn't Judge and PJ corroborate her account of being at a party with Kavanaugh? They all stated that she wasn't there at that party. Nobody saw her, not her best friend who came with her, none of the boys. All we know is that Christine knew that these boys were friends. Given what I have heard from others it seems likely that they knew of each other, especially that Christine was dating one of Kavanaugh's friends. However,

the date wasn't asserted until AFTER Kavanaugh submitted his calendar. Christine never stated a date prior to Kavanaugh submitting her evidence. Which renders her claim suspect.
                    Other people investigating her accusation came up with the date based on Kavanaugh's calendar. Now, why didn't Judge corroborate her accusation? Because he was either one of the criminals or his buddy acted alone and he didn't want to turn on him. Thats a no-brainer... As for PJ, he didn't witness the crime. Why would he remember the party? They didn't say she wasn't at that party, they denied remembering a party fitting her description. But their names are on Kav's calendar nonetheless. Well, maybe they dont remember it because it was just another uneventful drinking session. The only one I consider relevant is the girlfriend claiming she never met Kavanaugh. Here's the thing though, if she was lying about it all why would she name other people who could refute her story?
                    Last edited by Berzerker; October 18, 2018, 20:36.

Comment

• I personally don’t think the allegations had enough evidence to be used to decide whether to confirm or not. That doesn’t mean Dr Ford was lying, or that it did/didn’t happen. We will never know ... innocent until proven guilty.

That said, how Bart acted in the hearing should have disqualified him, he is clearly belligerent, dishonest, partisan, and even delved into conspiracy theory.

Kid and BK of course love that about him, and that they get to act out some misogyny just sweetens the deal for them.

Comment

You aren't a sex crimes prosecutor or defense attorney. You don't know what you're talking about. You think you can explain what you call problems with Mitchell's analysis. Let's see it. Or is it like those therapist notes, we never see it?
                        Quote her analysis - simple. One step at a time. Pick out the most damning evidence against Ford's story and I'll address it. I'm not going to repeat my effort to post a rebuttal to every claim made by the prosecutor. Most of it is irrelevant to the facts we have - Ford said at least 4 boys attended a party at which Kavanaugh attacked her. She named 3 of them and Kavanaugh's calendar shows the same group of boys at a party within the time frame.

Furthermore, we have Judge's claim he took a job to pay for football camp. That started in late August. She said it was 6-8 weeks after the attack that she saw him at the store working. So 6-7 weeks after July 1st is mid August. Bingo!

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        If I behaved the way Kavanaugh did I would be a scumbag.

Comment

• If I behaved the way Kavanaugh did, I'd be sitting in jail. I don't have the rich white kid defense.

Comment

Oh I get it, just like your avatar, holarious.
                            How is my avatar a personal attack? My avatar seems to have struck a nerve with you... Feeling a bit insecure?

Comment

Working...
                            X