No announcement yet.

Elon Musk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla is burning through $1B per quarter and was reported to have reserves of $2.7B. Also reported that Tesla is asking for refunds from suppliers. Could be big trouble.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Dinner, I am a union member and without unions workers would have no recourse and no ability to improve conditions. And the business insider article I posted is not a hit piece.

Antiunion attitudes have left this country in the ****ter as far as benefits and wages. I'd like to see these workers negotiate their own salary and benefits. Yeah right. When union were stronger the gap between CEO pay and employee pay isn't what it is now.

Tesla is operated by a republican sleaze bag who benefits from tax breaks given by a democratic administration and assembly in Sacramento. He doesn't treat his workers correctly and there have been countless stories where workers simply collapse from exhaustion.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        https://www.lexology.com/library/det...8-45ebde50dcd8

At rhat link UAW stooges explain, in their own words, their attack strategy and how it is designed to try to convince workers to vote in the UAW. The problem is most of it was just lies and innuendo made up whole cloth.
        Really? And that covers up the fact that Musk has continued to treat his own employees like numbers? Ratings for working at his companies don't generate the highest reviews. But anything negative about Musk is merely a hit piece and low information? I have heard stories about what really happens in Tesla and SpaceX. None of it good.

As far as people voting down to unionize? Doesn't surprise me. Those same people vote against their own interests and often vote republican. They are fed lies by Faux News about how bad unions are and they vote to allow their bosses to further enrich themselves. That trickle down economics myth never works and has been a failure for decades.

To sum it up, people in America vote against their own interests all the time and they do it on lies and distortions.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

This is in the Bay Area so I seriously doubt many of them are watching Fox News.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The suggestion what I posted was a hit piece is incorrect. And people voting against joining unions are voting against their own interests. Like people voting for right to work laws. I wish them luck negotiating on their own for better contracts. Fat chance lmao.

Comment

They do not think so. The various big three factories which have voted to decertify the UAW don't think so either. I am pretty supportive of unions, I like the prevailing wage contracts they throw my way as an inspector, but the UAW is completely corrupt and the worst run union in America today.

In reality most nonunion foreign owned factory workers end up with better take home pay after counting the exorbinate fees the UAW charges. Fact. The UAW just kept upping fees, and upping fees, and upping fees without delivering anything better so more and more workers just decided they were better off without them.
              Last edited by Dinner; July 26, 2018, 22:02.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Fact? Why don't you start posting some evidence for your claims? I need see some proof. Nonunionized workers make less overall when looking at the bigger picture. Far less.

Comment

I'm not seeing any proof from either side here.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Pfffffft! No-one cares about proof these days. Proof is for Commies!
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

If organized labor were as strong today as it was in the late 1970s, nonunion men without a high-school diploma would be earning 9 percent more, according to a new study. 

If we had unions, wages would be higher. This was a recent study. The most interesting fact is if union were as strong as they were in the 60s-70s, nonunion workers would even be making more.

Comment

While there are some decent arguments in that piece, it is still a speculation article and not definitive proof. And they were generally just talking about a segment of the work force.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Its a study. Not speculation.

​​​​​​Here is another one.

Comment

That study does not include the cost of Union dues and only studied jobs where unions are present. So saying all non-unioned workers would be making more is tenuous at best.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Union dues are nothing compared to wage reductions. And I can personally tell you this being a member of one of the largest unions in California (90,000+ members).

What I am charged is minimal.

Comment

Public union I assume?
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X