• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elon Musk

Is a very unintelligent, disgraceful, fraud, and two bit charlatan

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

To us, it is the BEAST.

ok
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

WHERES MY PAYPAL MONIES MR MUSK!

The key to being really rich these days is to get a lot of gullible people to send you money (directly or via governments), and spend it on building up your image so more gullible people will want to give you their money to spend for them. Then you need an exit strategy ... like a Mars base once Earlth is completely buried in toxic lithium ion batteries.[/sentfrommyphonewithlithiumbattery]

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          Is a very unintelligent, disgraceful, fraud, and two bit charlatan
          Yes.

Comment

I was waiting for opinion to turn on this guy.

It's about time.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Chicago taps Elon Musk’s Boring Company to build high-speed transit tunnels that would tie Loop with O'Hare
              I don't know why I keep thinking of the Simpson's Monorail episode.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That sounds interesting.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

I don't know why I keep thinking of the Simpson's Monorail episode.
                  I think with the Blue Line that Chicago is one of the cities that needs this the least. Basically, they want something that cuts the time down from 40 minutes to 20 (or less) while costing the price of a shared taxi or 20 (or less). The Blue Line costs 5.

I can imagine that it would be used... but it seems like an epsilon improvement.

A line to Dulles (for example) would be huge.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

His cars are cool, his battery technology is the best in the business, the reusable Space X rockets are a game changer in the space launch business, his solar panels aren't really anything special though I do like the solar roof tiles. So... Why is Sava so upset at the man? Because he made phone of some short sellers on a phone call who were trying to troll him?

Model 3 production has been at at least 3500 per week for several weeks now and I see a ton of them on the road. Tesla seems on track to meet the 5000 a week goal and best of all most of the cars sold are with all the options so the profit margin is probably pretty good. They just launched an AWD duel motor version as well which should push the profit margin even higher. The company will most likely be returning to profitability in the 3rd quarter after the big expense of launching the Model 3 and best of all the short sellers have been losing their shirts despite all their efforts at trying to talk the company down and run negative stories.

Comment

Elon has a great sales pitch, but things just don't add up.

The problem with TSLA is the more cars they produce the more they lose. Even with subsidies. Not just the direct subsidies for electric cars, but also the massive one where the government (via the Fed suppressing rates) reaches into every savings account and skims some off to pass to debt fuelled corporations.

Comment

I agree they have only had four profitable quarters in the last five years but there is a definite pattern. Before the Model S was launched there were several years of losses as the profits from the roadsters couldn't cover design and development of the new flagship model as well as factory construction at Fremont. After the S was launched the company was profitable for three out of four quarters. Then the company started investing in the Model X and the same pattern followed with high initial development costs followed by a return to profitability after the new model was launched.

The model 3 and the construction of the Gigafactpry has been their biggest and most expensive investment yet and it is following the exact same pattern. Big up front costs to design the car and build the new mega factory but I will bet you it too will pay off. The company will be profitable and increasingly so in Q3 and Q4 of this year just based on past patterns.

Meanwhile the Model 3 is already the best selling premium midsized sedan in the US. The Model S is the best selling premium full sized Sedan in the US. They have ate the lunch of established industry leaders such as BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Cadalliac, Lincoln, and Lexus. The Model X seems to be a niche model (premium minivan crossed with a CUV?) and the new Roadster will also be a low value halo performance car.

Comment

The real key has been using economies of scale to drive down battery costs. At 10,000 a week (which will be very possible with three factory lines) their total build and delivery costs go down to just $20,000 per model 3. Currently their costs are around $28,000 per car and dropping like a rock as volume builds. Remember most of these cars are being sold fully spec-ed out in the $50,000-$60,000 range so those are best in the industry profit margins that are getting bigger.

That is why so many institutional investors are going long and why the shorters keep getting burned.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ing-money.html

The short sellers are getting creamed.

Now, if it wants to keep growing exponentially and adding new product lines (such as the semi truck) then, yes, it will need to raise new capital for that but by then the profits from the Model 3 and the existing product line will be enough to pay down existing debt and pay for operations. The question is really about building a second flag factory in China as well as the heavy equipment lines (big rig trucks, buses, and earth moving equipment). Even without expanding into those new fields they shouldn't need to raise capital to operate their existing lines, keep up with yearly refreshing, and add models such as the SUV and pickup that they have hinted at.
                            Last edited by Dinner; June 17, 2018, 19:52.

Comment

Most of the anti-Tesla propaganda seems to be coming from just two groups. 1) Short sellers who as CNBC said are "getting creamed" and 2) Auto worker union officials upset that Tesla workers voted to not unionize. They are both running propaganda campaigns against Tesla hoping doing so will make them money. It likely won't especially since we know last month production of the model 3 was up 3500 per week before they added the 3rd production line so numbers are going to be higher now plus with the introduction of the performance dual motor variant more sales are going to be very high end models with even bigger profit margins.

Musk is right. The short sellers have about 3 weeks until the 2nd quarter results are posted and that is when the positions of the short sellers are going to completely melt down.

Comment

Working...
                              X