A top economist believes,Trumps tax bill will help the economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't concern me idiot.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Reality 1 : Trump Theory 0
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
        No one said that there isn't going to be share buy backs, in reality.

Comment

• Since I don't sell Lear Jets, Bentleys, or Yachts, giving really rich people more money while giving nothing to the vast majority of people will not result in higher sales for my company.
          I hope you're in sales and not finance... Seriously. Stock buybacks are not a bad thing for shareholders, and I don't think I'm being presumptive by assuming that many of your customers own stocks. Again, cutting corporate rates are going to help your customers too. They presumably hold jobs.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Thus why wages have tracked with stock prices and corporate profits over the last 40 years! Oh wait ... nevermind ... they haven't.

Comment

• Ben and Kid are like dogs. The more their masters kick them, the more subservient they become.

Comment

• Thus why wages have tracked with stock prices and corporate profits over the last 40 years! Oh wait ... nevermind ... they haven't.
                Which is why more workers should own stocks and have stocks in with their compensation.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Ben and Kid are like dogs. The more their masters kick them, the more subservient they become.
                  Actually, right now if I have a master it's Theresa May.

Comment

• Wow ... you dumped Jesus for a politician?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Which is why more workers should own stocks and have stocks in with their compensation.
                      That would be nice, but has nothing to do with this tax plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                        It is the same thing that happened in 2004. The final review on that one was 90% of it went to either stock buy backs or dividends. Neither really helped the economy but did help stock owners. BTW about 80% of the stocks are owned by 1% of the people.
                        Last edited by Dinner; December 9, 2017, 09:37.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Not only did the Republicans not do this but they originally even floated the idea of killing 401ks off as a way to get still more tax cuts to the billionaire donor class.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Wow ... you dumped Jesus for a politician?
                            LOL.

My portfolio currently has me pretty heavily into the Pound. I bought after it dropped. Anything May says will swing things up and down...
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 9, 2017, 15:20.

Comment

• The final review on that one was 90% of it went to either stock buy backs or dividends. Neither really helped the economy but did help stock owners. BTW about 80% of the stocks are owned by 1% of the people.
                              Republicans not do this but they originally even floated the idea of killing 401ks off as a way to get still more tax cuts to the billionaire donor class.
                              Which side of your mouth are you talking now?

Cutting the corporate rate is a huge boon to America for anyone thinking of investing in the United States and thinking about opening up a business in the United States. It's going to draw quite a bit of business back into America that has left. The reason being is that other jurisdictions have all been cutting their rates and undercutting the United States.

Though I'm sure you weren't aware of that because it doesn't play to your politics that believes that the only business owners in America are billionaires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                Wow ... you dumped Jesus for a politician?
                                Are you claiming that calling people dogs had something to do with the tax plan?

Comment

Working...
                                X