No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase we have any housing first idiots here... It is not possible on the west coast. L.A. is spending $1 billion on housing first, it costs them $650,000 per one bedroom or studio apartment on average, it will only end up housing a tiny fraction of the current homeless and take a decade to do it. Overheard is eating up 2/3rds of the available budget. In a decade the homeless population will undoubtedly increase.

Worse, other states bus in their homeless to California to get rid of them while homeless themselves seek to move here as cities and state governments give them money simply for being homeless, word has spread that many cities have stopped enforcing drug laws, plus it hardly ever snows so they love it. Not to mention free food, clothing, and tents are giving out every where so they all rush here. 40% of all the homeless people in America, 3/4ths from other states, it never ends. We have to crack down and send the moochers back where they came from because our taxes can’t support them all and give everyone a free $650,000 house. It is impossible.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Billions and billions and it will never be enough. Fact.

Comment

• Problem is California cities need to reform their zoning laws but landlords and middle class who view their house as an investment will oppose that because restricting supply benefits them. If they had more reasonable zoning laws like Texas the homeless problem wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

Comment

• Oh, I agree that 40+ years of restrictive zoning and regulation combined with state environmental laws designed to be abused by NIMBYs is the heart of the problem wrt affordable housing. The drug crisis and permissive laws about public drug abuse as well as allowing addicts, the mentally ill, and homeless to be absolutely above the law no matter what they do is an entirely different issue.

Comment

• Donald Trump is a genocidal warlord hell bent on destroying half of existence in the universe. That’s not a criticism from the unhinged leftwing media, it’s apparently how the president and his team see him.
            full: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-marvel-video

Should have watched the full movie before posing as Thanos. Yay Avengers.
            Blah

Comment

• Meanwhile, Scientists and researchers seek to answer one of life's great mysteries; What would happen if we feed party drugs to an Octupus.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Poor octonauts
                Blah

Comment

• Pete Buttigieg seeks blessing of the Illuminati in a wine cellar

Click image for larger version

Name:	EL70q0FVUAAa3DS?format=png&name=360x360.png
Views:	119
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	9386097
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	EL70q0FUwAAEtC1?format=png&name=360x360.png
Views:	141
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	9386098

Comment

• I like it.

Comment

• I want that chandelier. I must have it. I must.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Weird that Buttigieg is getting slammed for doing what politicians have done for decades - meeting wealthy donors on their home turf to woo their support and donations.

It's not like he ordered the Swarovski crystals for the chandelier.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Who is doing the slamming?
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            His Dem opponents and their allies.

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Weird that Buttigieg is getting slammed for doing what politicians have done for decades - meeting wealthy donors on their home turf to woo their support and donations.

It's not like he ordered the Swarovski crystals for the chandelier.
                          And in those decades America has gone to sh!t

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I blame the crystals.

• Originally posted by BBC
                          US government lists fictional nation Wakanda as trade partner
                          The US Department of Agriculture listed Wakanda as a free-trade partner - despite it being a fictional country.

A USDA spokesperson said the Kingdom of Wakanda was added to the list by accident during a staff test.

The department's online tariff tracker hosted a detailed list of goods the two nations apparently traded, including ducks, donkeys and dairy cows.

In the Marvel universe, Wakanda is the fictional East African home country of superhero Black Panther.

The fictional country was removed soon from the list after US media first queried it, prompting jokes that the countries had started a trade war.

Wakanda first appeared in the Fantastic Four comic in 1966, and made a reappearance when Black Panther was adapted into an Oscar-winning film last year.

The unusual listing was spotted by Francis Tseng, a New York-based software engineer who was looking up agricultural tariffs for a fellowship he was applying for.
                          Officials say it was an error to add the fictional nation from Black Panther to the list.

Comment

• President Thanos and a trade war with Wakanda. Precursor to a war to protect our interests in vibranium?

Comment

Working...
                            X