No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like the judge has said that the election won't take place until the map matches certain criteria regarding not being gerrymandered
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Don't the Republicans benefit from no election happening?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        Don't the Republicans benefit from no election happening?
        Im afraid this is true.
        Currently they have 10 representatives for NC, against just 3 democrativ ones.
        Surely this would change considerably in favor of the Democrats if the election took place (based on a less gerrymandered map)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• So they will keep submitting BS maps and keep it in the courts and maintain their majority.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Obama has called out "these young ... woke" people. "That's not doing any good."

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Pathologist claims Jeffrey Epstein autopsy more consistent with homicide than suicide

Comment

• A military court on Monday made its first conviction in connection with a series of weekly riots and protests held along the Gaza border beginning last year, finding a soldier guilty of disobeying an order leading to the death of a Palestinian teenager.
                The conviction was handed down as part of a plea deal in which the combat soldier pleaded guilty to “disobeying an order leading to a threat to life or health,” the military said on Tuesday.
                He was sentenced to one month in prison — to be served through military-related labor — as well as probation and a demotion in rank to private.
                Serviceman agrees to plea deal, admits to opening fire without the required approval at a Palestinian teenager scaling the security fence during border protests

One month for murdering a child. Totally normal country.

Comment

• This is obviously news worthy.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                    Cat attack: Moscow man faces five years in jail

A man is facing up to five years in prison in Moscow for allegedly using a cat as a weapon to attack a police officer, Russian media report.

The suspect, named as Gennady Shcherbakov, reportedly shook and threw the feline when approached by police at an apartment block in the city.

The officer, who was responding to noise complaints from residents, was "seriously scratched" in his face.

Mr Shcherbakov, 59, is facing criminal charges of violence against police.

The case was opened on Wednesday, more than a year after the incident took place, Telegram channel Baza reported.

What is alleged to have happened?
                    According to Russian broadcaster Ren TV, on 4 October 2018 Mr Shcherbakov was sitting at the foot of a stairwell in a residential building in the Russian capital of Moscow.

He had allegedly been drinking heavily.

Residents reported a disturbance, but when a police officer entered the property Mr Shcherbakov refused to co-operate or answer any questions, Ren TV reported.

Mr Shcherbakov is then accused of grabbing a nearby cat and launching it at the officer.

The animal reportedly clung to the officer's face, sinking its claws in.

Mr Shcherbakov, who is not a resident of the apartment block where the incident took place, denies using the cat as a weapon and has claimed that it jumped at the officer of its own will.

The case has been brought under Article 318 of the criminal code, which cites use of violence against a public official.

It is not clear why it has taken a year to open the criminal case, or what happened to the cat.
                    An officer in Moscow suffered a badly scratched face when the animal was allegedly thrown at him.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• IIRC cat warfare was not deemed as serious as joke warfare, which got banned by the Geneva Conventions
                      Blah

Comment

• I would think that picking up a stray cat would have it's own dangers attached to it.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Donnie the Photoshop-PotUS

Seems like he not only lied about the last minutes of Al Baghdadi (no, AL Baghdadi didn't cry or plead for his life)
                          but now he also had his minions photoshop an older picture (where he gave the CMH to someone) in order to make it appear as if he just gave the Congreggional Medal of Honor to the dog who took part in the Al Baghdadi raid

Comment

• FAKE PRESIDENT
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Any thought that even if they come up with overwhelming evidence (including a confession) that a few Republican Senators would be shamed into voting for impeachment has been dashed. Not that I realistically thought it would happen, one had to hope.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• they can jump on a grenade for Trump if they want

Comment

Working...
                                X