No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as for nukes and NK, that was always a pipe dream... If we could get it, great, but it aint in NK's interest. How about we end the Korean War and leave. Let China worry about Kim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
      as for nukes and NK, that was always a pipe dream... If we could get it, great, but it aint in NK's interest. How about we end the Korean War and leave. Let China worry about Kim.
      Aye ... especially now, with an unpredictable leader at the top of the USA, it would be pure madness for NK to give up its nukes
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• KJU has no intention of giving up his stockpile (about 60 warheads).
        All Trump sees is dollars - like the cost of maintaining US presence in S. Korea. That's why all he can think of as inducement to NK is future economic gains.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If the US leaves South Korea, then South Korea will immediately start to construct its own nukes in order to counter balance the North. At that point, NK may decide to nuke SK before they can construct their own deterrent. In addition, if SK constructs its own nukes, then Japan will be under enormous pressure to do the same. However, if Japan constructed nukes, China might decide to nuke Japan before they can construct their nukes........
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• What is this, 1965?
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• You know what they say about those who don’t learn from the past. It’s pretty clear to me that Trump is no student of history.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• operation gotchya first

Comment

• pchang
                  pchang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You know you’ve done that in Civ games.

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                KJU has no intention of giving up his stockpile (about 60 warheads).
                All Trump sees is dollars - like the cost of maintaining US presence in S. Korea. That's why all he can think of as inducement to NK is future economic gains.
                The really stupid thing is it literally costs the US nothing to keep its forces in South Korea as South Korea pays the US to be there. Japan does the same. That is why Trump's ignorant claims about costs is just so stupid.

The man really should just be euthanized.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• One more reason for black people to dustrust the police:

You remember the black person who was shot and killed by police persons with 8 shots (6 of them into the back), just because he used a cellphone in his grandmothers garden?

Now, almost 1 year after the incident, the Sacramento County District Attorney has announced that they won't prosecute the officers, because the use of deadly force was justified.

Well, so all you black persons in the USA know ... never use an iPhone near a police officer, s/he will be justified to kill you in this case
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Letter to AG Barr regarding Jared Kushner

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                      Well, so all you black persons in the USA know ... never be near a police officer, s/he will be justified to kill you in this case
                      fixed

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Trump an Maduro have more in common than I thought.

Comment

• The US president was praising the work of Tim Cook at an American Workforce Policy Advisory Board meeting.
                          Blah

Comment

• Tim Apple

Comment

• Gotta give Cook credit; he even changed his Twitter handle to commemorate the occasion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tim apple.png
Views:	81
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	9373593

Comment

Working...
                              X