No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the big losers were the Democrats. They knew beforehand what Trump was going to say. They probably could have guessed at how far he'd take the lies. They could have had a fresh face, someone under 70, make the rebuttal. Someone who could have excited the Dems watching at home and, hopefully, articulate enough to make moderate Republicans think, 'there is someone I wouldn't mind hearing from again'. Wasn't Obama a little known Senator from Illinois 12 years ago?
    Schumer & Pelosi did nothing to further the Dems cause. I guess the moderate Republicans are going to have to keep looking.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I think with 4000+ terrorists at the borders the US is clearly giving wrong incentives to the terrorist people.
      Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Well Trump did defeat ISIS, which Obama created. And it took Trump to realize that Kim Jong Un is really a wonderful loving guy. And we know walls work - look at the USSR.

• Apparently, it is unwise to brag about committing a crime on line, even a dating app.
      One unlucky woman boasted about killing a deer on a dating app -- only to discover the man she was chatting to was an Oklahoma game warden.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        Well, the big losers were the Democrats. They knew beforehand what Trump was going to say. They probably could have guessed at how far he'd take the lies. They could have had a fresh face, someone under 70, make the rebuttal. Someone who could have excited the Dems watching at home and, hopefully, articulate enough to make moderate Republicans think, 'there is someone I wouldn't mind hearing from again'. Wasn't Obama a little known Senator from Illinois 12 years ago?
        Schumer & Pelosi did nothing to further the Dems cause. I guess the moderate Republicans are going to have to keep looking.
        TV Ratings: Democrats' Response to Trump Speech Outdraws President in Early Numbers

President Trump's televised Oval Office address on immigration Tuesday drew a big audience. The response from Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer drew a slightly bigger audience, at least according to preliminary figures.

The quarter hour (9-9:15 p.m. ET) containing the president's speech drew a combined 28.1 household rating in metered markets on ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News and NBC. The following 15 minutes, including analysis and the Pelosi-Schumer rebuttal, averaged 29.3 across those same networks, a bump of about 4 percent.
        President Donald Trump's televised Oval Office address on Tuesday night — and the Democratic response to it — drew a sizable audience across broadcast networks and cable news channels.

For your information, Chuck Schumer, who is 69 years old, is under 70!

Comment

• pchang
          pchang commented
          Editing a comment
          Why is it that plenty of other people die by the time they reach 70, but politicians all seem to live much longer than that?

• Proteus_MST
          Proteus_MST commented
          Editing a comment
          They (at least the US ones) are rich enough to be able to afford the best doctors. Also they usually live a stressless life ... at least as soon as they stop trying to change anything and only fight to preserve the status quo (or to return to a status quo 5-6 decades ago)

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          The Dems had the audience, but they gave them a Lawrence Welk rerun instead of something new, inspiring and interesting. Maybe they could have has Gritty come out and attack a mannequin made to look like Trump.

• If Donnie actually gets his wall, thed mexicans should be shown this video from Donnie, 15 years ago

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post

Trump has no balls.
          He got one definately!

Blah

Comment

• Gifted by Putin
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Clearly a surveillance device.

• Probably thought Trump is a soccor mom

Blah

Comment

• R Kelly has responded to multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against him by releasing a 19-minute song I Admit.
              full: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44929744

I think that basically settles any questions.

Then again anyone who makes 19 mins-long songs should really pay a prize....
              Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                Then again anyone who makes 19 mins-long songs should really pay a prize....
                19 minutes long songs definitely are much too short ... the trend goes to 24 minute long songs

Comment

• *Pffdt*

Twenty-four minute songs are for chumps and losers. Sixty-three minute songs are where it's at.

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Honestly, I think Dems are in the wrong on this shut down, at least as much as Trump. No, there does not need to be a wall for the complete border but there does need to be upgraded fencing in urban area, but we can use high tech sensors to create better command and control in rural areas, and, of course, we need to higher more CBP agents as well as upgrade facilities such as holding facilities and CBP stations so they can properly process the flows.

That clip is from ABC News 10 San Diego where you can see upgraded fencing funded in 2016 by the Obama administration, it is a massive upgrade over the 1970's steel landing mats which exist in most of this sector. There is big problem with Mexican thugs throwing rocks and/or shooting at CBP officers so you can see how the Obama era upgraded fences (which only actually got built in the last few months despite getting funding in 2016) really do improve the situation. Trump is now just saying he wants upgraded fencing of the kind Obama started having done so it is just retarded and immoral for Dems to refuse to do that at least at high traffic areas near urban areas.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oerdin is nevar wrong, and every poast he makes should be chiseled in stone as fact.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• All I am saying is there should be room for a reasonable compromise here. Trump doesn't get his giant wall but the Obama era fencing improvements get extended. Dems were fine with that when Obama was President so why did doing the same suddenly become "immoral" now that Trump is President. Obviously, you don't do it for the entire border as Trump wants but instead work on improving the sensors of the high tech virtual fence and adding more officers instead.

The partisan flip flopping and gridlock makes me believe our government has become so lowly and dysfunctional.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          1. Trump is incapable of compromise.
                          2. There is nothing about this that merits a shutdown.

What you're seeing is Trump "proudly taking the mantle" of the shutdown. Dude refuses to think things through, and apparently didn't realize that Pelosi will not be bullied.

• Dinner
                          Dinner commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree. There is no reason for a shutdown. Trump is an idiot and probably wouldn't know a good deal if he saw one. That said, Dems are still obviously play politics and being two faced. They should stop and offer a good deal as it would make it obvious who is the problem.

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        All I am saying is there should be room for a reasonable compromise here. Trump doesn't get his giant wall but the Obama era fencing improvements get extended. Dems were fine with that when Obama was President so why did doing the same suddenly become "immoral" now that Trump is President. Obviously, you don't do it for the entire border as Trump wants but instead work on improving the sensors of the high tech virtual fence and adding more officers instead.

The partisan flip flopping and gridlock makes me believe our government has become so lowly and dysfunctional.
                        The Dems actually gave money for upgrading and upkeep of the fencing.
                        The Dems also are willing to pay for other things with relation to border security that make sense

It is Donnie who isn't satisfied until he gets 5.6B solely attributed to building his wall
                        If Donnie would just ask for a 1-2B higher budget for border security (which includes upkeep/upgrade of existing fencing),
                        you most likely wouldn't have a shutdown now

Comment

Working...
                        X