No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess Kid couldn't keep away. Still as stupid as normal.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rah, why aren't you happy?

America is Going to be Great Again!
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        I guess Kid couldn't keep away. Still as stupid as normal.

Understandable, if this possibly is the only non Trumpist place in the Internet, Kid is member of.

In that case it is Kids only place where not every person in Stepford-wive-style constantly proclaims its steadfast obedience and devoztedness to Trump
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I can't wait until America is Great Again.
          Order of the Fly

Comment

• America never stopped being great. Certain Americans are unsatisfied with their lives now, but looking to the past for better times is pointless. Time only moves forward.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Tesla's automatic emergency braking system works pretty darn well. That seemed impossibly close. I was wondering why so many cars were tailgating each other but I guess that is how people drive in Georgia.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                It is. I-75 is absolutely insane.

• Sorry, the US can't call itself "Great America" 'cause that would be copyright infringement against "Great Britain".
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                I can't wait until America is Great Again.
                I also am looking forward to Trump going to jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post

I also am looking forward to Trump going to jail.
                  Donald Trump is above the law, above all Human "peasants," and will be President for at least the next 20 years.

CNN is destroying the world.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

• Merry Christmas!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181222_213509.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	9369228

Comment

• Trump's third shut down of 2018, when he had both a Republican controlled House and Senate mind you, and it seems the dumbest shut down ever. OK, Trump has shut down the government until Jan 2nd but on Jan 3rd the new Congress takes its seats with a Democratic controlled House. The Dems will just pass the bipartisan agreed upon budget compromise (which the Senate already passed) and then it goes to the President to sign. If Trump continues his tantrum then what does he think he will get out of this? Dems won't budge as Trump breaks every agreement while all the Republicans in Congress (or the vast majority anyway) already approved of this budget deal so... Trump is just damaging the economy for nothing. If it goes longer than 6 weeks then it will no longer be a partial shut down but a total shut down and then everything stops including the military and Social Security checks for old folks (who are Trump's base). I am not sure his supporters will like this song and dance once they are no longer getting their government checks in the mail.

Comment

• Never underestimates the willingness of Trumps base to gladly suffer if the end result has a chance of making dem Lib'rhuls heads explode.
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Dinner
                          Dinner commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I guess the last week's news about his guilt in collusion was so bad he had to try to change the headlines some how even if it was completely stupid.

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                        Never underestimates the willingness of Trumps base to gladly suffer if the end result has a chance of making dem Lib'rhuls heads explode.
                        I am afraid this may be correct (at least for a certain percentage of his base) ...
                        I mean, look at the GoFundMe campaign for the wall ... 15 Mio already (still just a small percentage of even the minimum they would like to reach ) ...
                        instead of taking Trump by his word: "Mexico will pay for the wall" .. or demanding that he pays it out of his own pocket .. they just pay it out of THEIR own pocket ...
                        and I guess 95% of those people who put money into the GoFundMe-campaign for the wall never ever suffered a single problem with a Latino ... neither directly, nor indirectly ...
                        I also wonder how many of the Trumpists who support the GoFundMe-Campaign for the wall are short of money and could have better spent the money fopr other necessities
                        Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 23, 2018, 03:10.
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• To be fair many people who support border security are not motivated by some mythic racial animus, as many liberals claim, but really are upset about the illegality, rampant criminality, the flow of drugs, and the human trafficking. All told, it would be good to get a handle on all of that. Obama was all about deporting criminals but ignoring those who did not commit additional crimes after illegally entering but now Dems literally want to protect felons from deportation as they think it will get them votes. This about lack of a moral compass by Dems outrages many, many people.

Comment

• A concert in Indonesia gets hit by a tsunami. Video at link.

Comment

Working...
                            X