No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well anything short of a preemptive invasion is a win in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      And he doesn't even mention with one word that at least one of the 2 Maniacs is a fan of him (and the other was, at least, inspired by Donnies own fearmongering regarding the "caravan of thugs and gangmembers")
      They are clearly not thugs and gang members to any significant degree but they must certainly are economic migrants intent on breaking our laws and abusing our immigration and asylum systems with fraud. I have little to no sympathy for these people and neither should anyone else.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Mass shooting in Florida, thought, prayer, need more guns, vote NRA...
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          oops... only 3 dead and 4 or 5 wounded. Not a real American mass shooting. False News!

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          Killer was right wing 'incel' who posted anti-women, racist stuff... He should have just 'grab them by the pvssy' like the president said, and lied about being rich, like the president does!

• Originally posted by BBC
        Nigeria's army cites Trump to justify shooting Shia protesters

The Nigerian army has cited a video of US President Donald Trump, in which he says soldiers should respond with force to migrants throwing stones, to justify opening fire on a Shia group this week.

"When they throw rocks... consider it as a rifle," Mr Trump says in the clip.

Nigerian police have arrested 400 members of a Shia Muslim sect after days of deadly protests in the capital.

Amnesty International has criticised Nigeria's army for the killings, saying the Shia protesters were peaceful.

But a spokesman for the Nigerian army says their decision to fire live rounds at protesters in Abuja was justified because they were armed, telling the BBC "this is what [Mr] Trump was talking about".
        Nigeria's army responds to criticism of using live rounds against Shia protesters with a Trump video.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          Despots have been doing this forever. Trump is not an innovator...

• That honestly sounds like a very weak excuse from people who can't take responsibility for their own actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          That honestly sounds like a very weak excuse from people who can't take responsibility for their own actions.
          Who, Trump?

Comment

• Trump is his own basket of dispicableness but I hold the murderers responsible for their murders. This is the equivalent of the third grade excuse that the dog ate their homework. They pulled the trigger and they are responsible for their actions.

trying to deflect after they have been caught is so lame.

Comment

• I doubt it’s intended as an excuse. Probably just a means of pointing out our claimed moral authority is a load of hogwash.

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

• Stacey Abrams, Oprah targeted by racist robocall funded by white supremacist group

Democratic Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams and Oprah Winfrey were targeted in a racist robocall to Georgia voters on Friday.

The robocall was apparently funded by TheRoadToPower.com, a video podcasting site that has been called white supremacist and anti-Semitic by the Anti-Defamation League. The robocall is apparently being funded by the same white supremacist group that targeted Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum earlier this month, the Daily Beast reported.

A voice in the call pretends to be Oprah, the legendary talk-show host who stumped for Abrams in Georgia earlier this week.

"This is the magical negro, Oprah Winfrey, asking you to make my fellow negress, Stacey Abrams, the governor of Georgia," the call begins, according to recordings.

"Years ago, the Jews who own the American media saw something in me - the ability to trick dumb white women into thinking I was like them," the voice continues. "I see that same potential in Stacey Abrams."

The robocall compares Abrams to a "poor man's Aunt Jemimah" who "white women can be tricked into voting for, especially the fat ones."

Abrams's opponent, Secretary of State Brian Kemp, in an emailed statement to The Hill, called the robocall "vile," "racist" and "absolutely disgusting."

"I stand against any person or organization that peddles this type of unbridled hate and unapologetic bigotry," he said.
                  and one particularly intelligent post comments section
                  Originally posted by Random_Trumpster_Moron
                  Here come the dem racebaiting claims...right on time.
                  Sorry lefties...no one believes you anymore.
                  The party that cries wolf....every hour on the hour.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Gee, that last quote sounds like something our Kidiot would post.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Military is putting up barbed wire fencing on the border. If they can do that they can build a wall.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        Military is putting up barbed wire fencing on the border. If they can do that they can build a wall.
                        Yeah, sure, over the whole length of more than 3000 km, with its varied terrain
                        Also the funds in the federal budget are earmarked when they get approved by the congress ... and none of the funds destined for the military was earmarked as being used for a border wall between the USA and Mexico

Also IIRC Trump promised that Mexico would pay for the wall ...
                        well, I guess as soon as Trump does some negotiation magic and Mexico has transferred the funds, work on the border wall can begin.
                        Shouldn't be much more difficult than to win trade wars, or to present a healthcare system that costs less and yet covers more US citizens than Obamacare did
                        Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 5, 2018, 11:10.
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          Military is putting up barbed wire fencing on the border. If they can do that they can build a wall.
                          The barbed wire fence has been there for over 100 years already, genius.

Comment

• Where's the MOAB on Russia Collusion? They shot their load too early?
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                            X