No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know. If we hit 100% that's going to scare the crap out of the Russians and might make us less safe.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I don't think that there is any big danger of reaching 100% hit probability anytime soon
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• No, I don't think so either, but just pointing it out. Theory on that is varied and thought it might make interesting discussion. But I forgot that that type of thing doesn't happen here much anymore.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Scaring the crap out of the Russians makes us more safe.

Comment

• Not if it encourages them to build more deadly weapons that wouldn't be threatened by this type of defense or decide that their arsenal is no longer a deterrent. As I said, a possible interesting discussion.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• There can be no interesting discussions on Apolyton. That much is clear.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I remember when certain posters were taking a vacation that there was some. Not a lot, but enough to prove that it is possible.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
                  Scaring the crap out of the Russians makes us more safe.
                  Exactly
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• MAD. But even if we get close to 100% their arsenal could probably overwhelm such a system.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                      Pittsburgh, pipe-bomber attacks halted mid-terms momentum says Trump
                      President Donald Trump has blamed two terror attacks against public figures and worshippers at a synagogue for slowing Republican political momentum.

Speaking at a rally in Missouri on Thursday, Mr Trump said "two maniacs" stopped a "tremendous momentum".

The president did note that taking care of people was more important.

Mr Trump's remarks, called callous by critics, come as the country prepares for mid-term elections next week that could shift power on Capitol Hill.

"We did have two maniacs stop a momentum that was incredible, because for seven days nobody talked about the elections," Mr Trump said during his closing remarks. "It stopped a tremendous momentum."

He added: "More importantly, we have to take care of our people, and we don't care about momentum when it comes to a disgrace like just happened to our country."

"But it did nevertheless stop a certain momentum, and now the momentum is picking up."
                      The president said the synagogue shooting and mail bomb scare has dulled Republican momentum.

Originally posted by TwitInChief
                      Republicans are doing so well in early voting, and at the polls, and now this “Bomb” stuff happens and the momentum greatly slows - news not talking politics. Very unfortunate, what is going on. Republicans, go out and vote!

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• He is fishing for excuses as to why Republicans are getting creamed.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He is detached from reality.

• And he doesn't even mention with one word that at least one of the 2 Maniacs is a fan of him (and the other was, at least, inspired by Donnies own fearmongering regarding the "caravan of thugs and gangmembers")
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• There have been documents leaked from the Pentagon btw., that clearly show that the Pentagon disagrees with the fearmongering of Donnie regarding the caravan and the need to mobolize military forces to the border.

"Remember, defending your nation's sovereignty and its heralded stature as 'a nation of laws' does not make you a racist, a bigot, a xenophobe, a Nazi, a fascist," read a statement to its members from the Minutemen Project.

I wonder what useful things the USA could have done with the money that the mobilization/movement of the regiment incurs in costs

Comment

• That money would most probably have been spent on spare parts and maintenance.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Probably provided the caravan with food and some health benefits.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X