No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumpatronic AI? Setting the bar a little low aren't they?
    Originally posted by BBC
    An artificial intelligence (AI) version of US President Donald Trump which can tweet and interact like him has been developed.

It is based on data from the president’s interviews, speeches and tweets.

The company behind the project now wants everyone to be able to have their own personalised AI which they claim can help you make better decisions.

“Maybe you can frame it as a very, extremely good friend for yourself, who knows you inside and out,” says Sidekik’s CEO, Johannes Tammekand.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/technolo...on-of-yourself
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Christine Ford has not turned over her therapist’s notes to the Senate regarding her suppressed memoriesabout Judge Kavanaugh abusing her decades earlier.

This may be because if the memories were revealed through hypnosis they would be “absolutely inadmissible” in the court of law in many states, including New York and Maryland.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
        Jary, a captive hornbill in Singapore, has been given a 3D-printed prosthetic bill after surgery to remove cancerous tissue.
        Jary the hornbill had surgery to replace diseased tissue in his casque.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• The committee still doesn't have the polygraph test. Grassley is demanding it. Looking like an investigation into this, multiple sources report.

Comment

• Yes, the committee still doesn't have a polygraph test from the Judge. Yes, they should be demanding it.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
              Trumpatronic AI? Setting the bar a little low aren't they?

The more intersting question:
              When will it become available online as "Donald Trump Tweet Generator"
              And would it pass a modified Turing Test by convincing all Trumpists that it is Donnie himself who tweets?

(Afterards it would be interesting to test whether it would pass a normal Turing test (i.e. convincing "normal people" that it is a real person who tweets there ... I am not sure whether it would pass this higher difficulty Turing test ... but I am also not sure if Donald Trump would pass this Turing Test )
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Addendum:
                Here is the Twitter address of the AS (Artificial Stupidity) Trump:

I have to say that some answers coluld convince every Trumpist (including kid) that it is the real Trump who tweets there.
                For example this one:

I was chosen to make America bigger again. Quite simply:make America big again. That's what we're doing. And we are respected all over the world.
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  The committee still doesn't have the polygraph test. Grassley is demanding it. Looking like an investigation into this, multiple sources report.
                  "Looking like an investigation into this" - lmao

Multiple sources report?

Where do you get this poorly written garbage?
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                    Trumpatronic AI? Setting the bar a little low aren't they?

I bet the AI will be smarter than the real thing.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Why isn't Kid writing to complain about the $500,000 Brett Kavanaugh Family GoFundMe account?
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Why isn't Kid writing to complain about the $500,000 Brett Kavanaugh Family GoFundMe account?
                        Why should I, you idiot?
                        Last edited by Kidlicious; October 3, 2018, 10:43.

Comment

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?

Comment

• Idiot. Nobody backtracked on anything. He took part in gang rape. He was (and is still) a raving drunk.

Comment

• ‘PLEASE STOP EMAILING ME’ — JUDICIARY COMMITTEE CHIEF COUNSEL SENDS BLISTERING RESPONSE TO MICHAEL AVENATTI

9:44 PM 10/02/2018
                              Scott Morefield | Reporter

The Senate Judiciary Committee’s chief counsel for nominations on Tuesday issued a quick, blistering response to Julie Swetnick attorney Michael Avenatti’s plea to “respond to our requests.”

“Stop playing games,” Avenatti wrote in the Tuesday email to Mike Davis. “If you are the Chief Counsel, then you need to do your job. Please respond to our requests.”

To which Davis responded:
                              “We have already reviewed your client’s allegations. We focus on credible allegations. Please stop emailing me.

“Thank you,

“Mike Davis.”

Comment

• Oh so the republicans are doing a cover-up and don't want to hear credible testimony. That's all they are doing playing political games.

Credible allegations? Oh really? This is why republicans need to lose the Senate.

Comment

Working...
                                X