No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump bragging on 9/11 2001, that now (with the destruction of the Twin Towers) his own skyscaper is the highest one in downtown Manhattan

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/statu...50857836892160
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• The circle is complete...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180911_124651.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	9359781

Comment

• Aye ... fitting to this: Pics of Trump totally fired up and happy to celebrate 9/11 today

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• 9/11 is a day of joyous celebration for the orange terrorist.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• It is 9/11 for migratory birds...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/t...tion-1.4817321

"Light beams from 9/11 memorial pull in huge flocks of migrating birds"
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
              Is this road sign in Canada the world's most confusing?
              It has to be seen to be believed - but it might still leave a driver scratching his or her head.

A sign along a highway in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia looks like an indecipherable patchwork of various other road signs, mainly because it is.

It has been posted along a provincial highway since late August, when a hotel chain removed its billboard and uncovered the sign beneath.

The sign on a Canadian highway has been up since August, after a hotel removed its billboard.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• More helpful than asking for directions lol! Pretty cool. Somebody got creative.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Some sacrifice their lives for this country.

Some have never done a damn thing.

Comment

• This was from two or three weeks ago...

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018...elony-charges/

Palmdale Mayor (Republican) Jim Ledford pleaded not guilty to five felony charges of failing to disclose income (sound familiar? seems to be a common theme for the GOP!).

Why is this significant? It could severely damage republican turn-out in Palmdale and thus cause damage to Republican US House member Steve Knight (Steve A-Hole as I call him). Steve Knight is a douchebag I've been actively helping campaign against and he is one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders after Dana Rochbracher (also unpopular) and Devin "Obstruction" Nunes. If we can get people in Palmdale to flip democrat, it could sink him completely. Santa Clarita has already started trending democrat in recent times (and voted for Hillary by a pretty significant margin).

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...hill-6343.html

https://thinkprogress.org/california...tephen-knight/

The 25th District is a toss-up, but Jim Ledford's five felony indictment will not help the already unpopular Steve Knight (34-37% approval rating). Katie Hill (D) is more popular and is also LGBT. Knight may have received 53% of the vote in the jungle primaries, but that was with lower turn-out.

Comment

• Pancakes for peace and prosperity!

Blah

Comment

• The novelist who, 7 years ago, wrote an essay about "How to murder your husband" was arrested on charges of murdering her husband

Comment

• Innocent. It was a campaign promise.
                            Blah

Comment

• New scandal is emerging... Trump diverted 10 million dollars from FEMA to ICE to implement that fascist separation program.

So they took away money from a key emergency response agency when hurricane season is just starting and a big one is barreling towards the east coast..

Reprehensible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                The novelist who, 7 years ago, wrote an essay about "How to murder your husband" was arrested on charges of murdering her husband

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c1c98efa6d41
                                I saw that this morning and just HAD TO LAUGH
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X