No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bolton should be prosecuted himself. Disgusting war criminal!
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• He also thinks that the UN should be dissolved 'cause America doesn't need it, and international cooperation is for commies.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Fail.
        Originally posted by BBC
        Colorado robber drops gun, then trousers

He meant to rob a vape shop in Aurora, but the whole plan went south in a just a matter of seconds.
        He meant to rob a vape shop in Aurora, but the whole plan went south in a just a matter of seconds.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• President Trump's golf cart rentals in the U.S. have cost taxpayers $300,675 since he took office, TMZ reported. The figure only refers to Trump's domestic golf outings.

The total expense of Trump's golf outings, including Secret Service protection, comes out to an estimated $77 million.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            Gee, you'd think he'd get comped in at his own golf courses...

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Not when he can get the taxpayers to pay.

• https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b0cf7b0042b550

This story absolutely infuriates me.

This cop entered a mans home and now witness testimony contradicts her account. She shot and killed this man, and she was already given special treatment. And then she is being charged with manslaughter, meaning she probably won't do much time. Absolutely a miscarriage of justice.

A clear double standard. A young 26 year old man with a promising career and academic background is now gone because of this reckless cop.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I half expect her to be found not guilty...'cause after all, white cop, black guy. Only in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
              I half expect her to be found not guilty...'cause after all, white cop, black guy. Only in America.
              Yup. Its extremely rare for a cop to be convicted. The charges in this case are completely inadequate, so I wouldn't be surprised if what you say becomes true.

A recent story started to help improve my perception, and then this just took it two steps back.

The story that I'm discussing was this:

15 years isn't enough, but this is an extremely rare story in this country where a cop does get convicted.

This lady will get off I think.

Comment

• I suspect so. The big question has always been how she got into the apartment. It is being reported that the door was either unlocked or ajar. In any event, she had no difficulty entering.

If that is accurate, she has a case for justified use of deadly force. It might not be enough to save her career, but it should be enough for the higher standard of reasonable doubt.

J

Comment

• There is no case for the justified use of force, onejay. Absolute no case. Want to know why? It wasn't her ****ing apartment. She should be charged with murder. How could she not tell it wasn't her apartment? Did you even read the article?

By the way, she was telling the man to let her in so it kinda destroys that argument. Two witnesses said that.

The man was killed in his own residence. Do me a favor, if you are trying to emulate kidiot try harder.

Comment

• Mallory Newall, director of Ipsos Public Affairs research, talks about the pro republican bias in Rasmussen polls:

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I've worked with her on a few projects.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah something clearly isn't right in Rasmussen.

Comment

• I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180911_111754.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	9359775

Comment

• I almost expect Trump to ask Sessions to investigate that guy for serious crimes.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X