No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifa forces cut swathe of destruction among the freedom loving people, peasants, and slaves of middle Georgia!

Click image for larger version

Name:	shermans-march-map_0.png
Views:	106
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	9356848

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	peckrt.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	9356904
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• While funny, that post belongs in the fake news thread.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I know it's MSNBC...
          I am usually unable to see the Fake News thread since Kidiot is invisible to me.

• Broken_Erika
          Broken_Erika commented
          Editing a comment
          Then you don't see all the high quality articles i post there!

• pchang is correct
        (although such humor, of course, suggests itself, considering Trumps Pecker problems )
        Last edited by Proteus_MST; August 25, 2018, 14:14.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Long live antifa! And I have marched against fascism in this country, including the orange toad in the white house.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• As it was already mentioned in the celebrity dead pool:
            John McCain, probably the last (or at least one of the few) GOP-Senator who hadn't become a pure Trump-tool is dead

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-legacy-297689

Guess that means free champagne for everyone in the white house and a big party
            I hope McCains family honors his wish to not have Trump take part in the funeral
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Gee... banned from Babs Bush funeral, now not allowed at McCain's funeral... I wonder how FOXNews will explain this to the faithful?

• John McCain didn't want that scumbag at his funeral. McCain, despite any differences I had with him politically, sacrificed and fought for this country. The orange fungus never did.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• 2008 - McCain running for president, asked by Americans about Obama the terrorist -

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• The difference between the condolence tweets of Trump, Obama and Joe Biden is quite striking:
                Trumps minimalist 08/15 condolence tweet:
                https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...15425336885248

Obamas Tweet:
                https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...21851312623616

Joe Bidens Tweet:
                Last edited by Proteus_MST; August 26, 2018, 03:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                  McCain, despite any differences I had with him politically, sacrificed and fought for this country.
                  QFT.

What a remarkable life. What a contrast to politicians who love to talk about "the people", but care mostly about their own interests/positions. RIP.

Blah

Comment

• https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...anbuls-skyline

More on Turkey's economic crash. They want to achieve high growth but go about it the wrong way... and it seems to be a repeating problem.

Building an entire skyline on loans.

Rather crazy pictures. Erdogan brought this on himself.

I've tried digging up some approval ratings on Erdogan... and it looks like his support is eroding. Maybe people are feeling the crisis.

A new public opinion poll conducted by the MetroPOLL research company has revealed that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s job approval rating is 49.8 percent, while 42.1 percent of the country does not approve of the job he’s doing. In the survey, titled “Turkey’s Pulse March 2018,” 8.1 percent of respondents left the question about […]

This is from April. Haven't found anything newer.

Comment

• Once again; It's time for thoughts and prayers and no meaningful action what-so-ever.
                      Originally posted by BBC
                      Jacksonville shooting: Several killed at video game tournament
                      Several people have been killed in a mass shooting at an entertainment complex in Jacksonville, Florida, police say.

The sheriff's office said on Twitter that many people had been wounded and urged people to avoid the area.

They said a suspect was dead at the scene.

Reports suggest the shooting happened during a video game tournament being held at the Jacksonville Landing.

Dozens of shots can be heard in a video that appears to show the event being streamed online on the Twitch platform.

The players were playing the American football game Madden at the time.
                      The participant at a tournament in Jacksonville opens fire before shooting himself.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Someone took a knee during the anthem. The shooter was just fulfilling Trump's will.

• That's Florida for you. Stand your ground right?

Comment

• Apparently it was a sore looser.
                        Originally posted by BBC
                        According to the Los Angeles Times, a gamer opened fire after losing, then killed himself. The report, which quoted messages from another gamer, could not immediately be confirmed.
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Madden isn't even a 1st person shooter game!

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                        Once again; It's time for thoughts and prayers and no meaningful action what-so-ever.

Actually I am sure there will be action:
                        The shooting took place in a videogame tournament.

That clearly shows that Egoshooters promote mass shootings.
                        Time to ban Egoshooters (and possibly other videogames) in order to prevent further mass shootings

Comment

Working...
                        X