No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way that I read the decision is that the President has the power to restrict any non-citizens from entering the country if he has undertook a process of learning whether or not it's possible to know, within reason, if they will be a danger.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• More proof that North Korea played Trump like the fool he is. NK is currently massively expanding its plutonium reactor which will, of course, massively expand its ability to produce nuclear weapons. Far from disarming they are greatly expanding their nuclear weapons program.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...summit-pledges

More proof that North Korea played Trump like the fool he is. NK is currently massively expanding its plutonium reactor which will, of course, massively expand its ability to produce nuclear weapons. Far from disarming they are greatly expanding their nuclear weapons program.
        That's not what the article says, but they led you to believe what you wanted to, that North Korea got over on you own country.

Comment

• Bad news. Justice Kennedy is retiring.

Justice Anthony Kennedy, the Supreme Court's decisive man in the middle on abortion, gay rights and other contentious issues, announced his retirement Wednesday, giving President Donald Trump a golden chance to cement conservative control of the nation's highest court. The 81-year-old Kennedy, often a voice of moderation over three decades on the court, provided the key vote on such closely divided issues as affirmative action, guns, campaign finance and voting rights in addition to same-sex marriage and the right to abortion. Kennedy informed his colleagues of his plans, then went to the White House to meet with Trump, where the president said they talked for half an hour about a potential successor and other topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I didn't say that they can be discriminated against simply for being Muslim, or that any justices believe that. I said that Muslims can be banned. The TB bans Muslims, with exceptions. What is the difference between that and banning all Muslims. And what is the difference between banning Muslims from particular nations and banning all Muslims?
            You said "I think the only justices that cared if it was a Muslim ban or not are the leftists." ...

All 9 Justices cared if it was a Muslim ban or not ... and the decision was 5-4 that it's not a Muslim ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

You said "I think the only justices that cared if it was a Muslim ban or not are the leftists." ...

All 9 Justices cared if it was a Muslim ban or not ... and the decision was 5-4 that it's not a Muslim ban.
              As I said, the decision was that the purpose of the ban is to restrict travel to the US by persons that can't be vetted in a way that protects the US. The President has the authority to ban immigration from as many nations as he sees fit, so long as the purpose is protection.

Comment

• Sotomayer said that it's a Muslim ban because Trump said that it was during the campaign. The majority didn't say that he didn't intend to ban Muslims. That would be stupid. They said that he intended to protect the country from harmful persons.

Comment

• AT&T buys Time Warner then immediately raises prices. Something it said it would not due. Oh, it also removed perks like free HBO for mobile users.

Comment

• Trump surely will hail it as entrepreneurial spirit
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• In a couple of weeks Trump will meet with Putin in Helsinki, Russia... oops, I forgot... Spoiler Alert!
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Trump needs his annual performance review.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• And they need to talk about a joint strategy in order to influence the midterms
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• It probably raised eyebrows in Moscow when he saluted to that NK general....double-agent?
                            Blah

Comment

• Trump says NATO is as bad as NAFTA

Guess we will, very soon, have the USA leave NATO and enter an Alliance with Russia, just like Putin would like it

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                Trump says NATO is as bad as NAFTA

Guess we will, very soon, have the USA leave NATO and enter an Alliance with Russia, just like Putin would like it
                                Depends on who is better friends with our friends and who is enemies with our enemies. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X