No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade wars are bad and only produce losers. That said Mexico and Canada together make up about 11.8% of the North American economy so they are a hell of a lot more dependent on the US than visa versa. Trump remains a ******** but the one silver lining that might come out this (which would depend on Trump being competent which he is not) is that eventually we might end up with a more comprehensive free trade agreement where carve outs from the early 1990's (things like dairy or softwood lumber or truck transport or even media holding rules outlawing foreigners) end up getting eliminated.

Now, a competent man, which excludes Trump, would have done this one at a time starting with China as it is the worst offender because taking on everyone all at once is just stupid.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Did you really think SCOTUS was going to rule that the President can't ban people that are potentially dangerous? Really? Frickin twaddle.
      Not what the case was about. But ignoring that, it was 5-4 so not very far off going the other way. If Obama’s pick had been given a chance it may have. Certainly not the ridiculous thing you are pretending it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Not what the case was about. But ignoring that, it was 5-4 so not very far off going the other way. If Obama’s pick had been given a chance it may have. Certainly not the ridiculous thing you are pretending it was.
        You need to read the decision. Again, twaddle. The Court never argued that it's constitutional on the basis that it's not a Muslim ban.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You need to read the decision. Again, twaddle. The Court never argued that it's constitutional on the basis that it's not a Muslim ban.
          I'd tell you to read it again, but since it has many and big words that would be futile. Long story short ... 5 thought it is constitutional because it doesn't target Muslims for being Muslim, 4 thought it was unconstitutional because it targets Muslims for being Muslim.

DECISION: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...7-965_h315.pdf
          IV A We now turn to plaintiffs’ claim that the Proclamation was issued for the unconstitutional purpose of excluding Muslims ... We therefore conclude that the individual plaintiffs have Article III standing to challenge the exclusion of their relatives under the Establishment Clause ... But we limited our review to whether the Executive gave a “facially legitimate and bona fide” reason for its action
          DISSENT: https://supreme.justia.com/cases/fed.../dissent7.html
          By blindly accepting the Government’s misguided invitation to sanction a discriminatory policy motivated by animosity toward a disfavored group, all in the name of a superficial claim of national security, the Court redeploys the same dangerous logic underlying Korematsu and merely replaces one “gravely wrong” decision with another.

Comment

• Did you read anything else, or just that part that you cherry picked?

Comment

• Your cherry picking skills are horrible btw.

Comment

• Assume for arguments sake that Trump gave an EO to detain children separately from adults that cross the border illegally. Then a liberal judge ruled that he couldn't do that because it's racist. If in the decision the SCOTUS rules that the EO was constitutional based on the belief that he gave a bona fide reason then they would not be basing their decision on the issue of racism.
                Last edited by Kidlicious; July 2, 2018, 08:01.

Comment

Assume for arguments sake that Trump gave an EO to detain children separately from adults that cross the border illegally. Then a liberal judge ruled that he couldn't do that because it's racist. If in the decision the SCOTUS rules that the EO was constitutional based on the belief that he gave a bona fide reason then they would not be basing their decision on the issue of racism.
                  Which also means that they don't rule out that the EO is racist.
                  They just rule that the PotUS has the right to issue the EO (and the EO therefore is valid) no matter whether it is racist or not
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Liberals: We have the right to harass people in public and at their homes for disagreeing with us.

Conservatives: And we have the right to make political ads showing you doing that.

Liberals: No!

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Which also means that they don't rule out that the EO is racist.
                      They just rule that the PotUS has the right to issue the EO (and the EO therefore is valid) no matter whether it is racist or not
                      They aren't supposed to base their decision on that kind of conjecture. Liberals do that though.

Comment

Did you read anything else, or just that part that you cherry picked?
                        I've read the whole thing, and the dissent. I also understood both ... which you clearly do not. You claimed that only the "leftist" Justices cared about whether or not the ban was a ban on Muslims, and that the court had said that it's ok for Trump to ban Muslims for being Muslims. You further said the court didn't argue whether it was constitutional or not. You are obviously wrong about all 3 of your moronic assertions.

"We now decide whether the President had authority under the Act to issue the Proclamation, and whether the entry policy violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment."

Of course I "cherry picked' the parts of the decision and dissent which prove you wrong on all 3 counts, because they prove you wrong on all 3 counts, and my purpose was to show how you were wrong on all 3 counts. It doesn't matter what else was in there, you were wrong on all 3 counts.

Comment

• You can ban Muslims and not violate the Establishment Clause. I asked you what is the difference between banning persons based on national origin and banning them based on religion and you haven't given an answer.

Comment

I know how to Google. Thanks. Do you know how to use dependable sources to back up your accusations against the United States?
                            Please post one of those accusations and I'll back it up. Good luck finding one.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            I see that some "protesters" were arrested for occupying a government building. Let me guess, you think that makes the U.S. a police state
                            Please quote one of my posts that I claimed the US was a police state. Good luck finding one.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            They were chanting "abolish ICE." Must be rah's friends.
                            Please quote one of my posts where I said I wanted to abolish ICE.

Gee I think we see a pattern here. Kid just makes **** up. What a surprise.

When I said Trump would back down, he did it in less than 12 hours.

While you were too chicken to take my bet. What a loser.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

Please post one of those accusations and I'll back it up. Good luck finding one.

Please quote one of my posts that I claimed the US was a police state. Good luck finding one.

Please quote one of my posts where I said I wanted to abolish ICE.

Gee I think we see a pattern here. Kid just makes **** up. What a surprise.

When I said Trump would back down, he did it in less than 12 hours.

While you were too chicken to take my bet. What a loser.

If you want to talk about patterns you always agree with the America haters.

Comment

• In addition to expanding its plutonium production NO is also building a whole new ballistic missile factory producing its first long range solid fuel rocket. So more proof Trump got played like the fool he is.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X