Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    Again I miss they days when they pretended.
    And there are a lot of dupes out there that don't really realize how biased it is.
    CNN is still pretending, so are the rest.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• No they aren't. Presenting one side is not pretending. Showing both sides is. Now you have to rely on multiple sources if you want to hear both sides.

I keep expecting to turn on a station who's name is actually the white supremacist station, with anchors wearing hoods.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's crap like this that has increased the polarization of the country. Those with extreme views limit their news sources to those that just reinforce those beliefs. At least when (yeah yeah back in the stone age) when there were only a few they had to pander to everyone and couldn't come across as that biased. I think that led to more hope of compromise then now where people just take sides and scream at each other.
        You think the news was good before Drudge and Breitbart but it is not true. The fact is that you were ignorant of facts and stories.

Comment

• I'm talking about all the way back to when it was just abc cbs and nbc With your newspaper being your primary source since they would provide more details.
          The Networks shaded a bit left and the newspapers shaded a bit right. But most people knew that and expected it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No they aren't. Presenting one side is not pretending. Showing both sides is. Now you have to rely on multiple sources if you want to hear both sides.

I keep expecting to turn on a station who's name is actually the white supremacist station, with anchors wearing hoods.
            This is from wiki about a study finding them biased...

CNN President Walter Isaacson met with Republican Party leaders in Washington, DC in 2001 saying afterwards "I was trying to reach out to a lot of Republicans who feel that CNN has not been as open covering Republicans, and I wanted to hear their concerns,"[117] As CNN founder Ted Turner stated, "There really isn't much of a point getting some Tom, Dick or Harry off the streets to report on when we can snag a big name whom everyone identifies with. After all, it's all part of the business." However, in April 2008, Turner criticized the direction that CNN has taken.[118]

Comment

I'm talking about all the way back to when it was just abc cbs and nbc With your newspaper being your primary source since they would provide more details.
              The Networks shaded a bit left and the newspapers shaded a bit right. But most people knew that and expected it.
              That's before most democrats had become radicalized. Carter was a typical Democrat

Comment

• Not part of my point. So whatever. It was also before the Republicans went off the deep end.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• This is actually hy germany has its TV stations governed by public law.
                  It is a set of 2 TV broadcasters (ARD, ZDF) that broadcast germany wide ... and a third set of TV broadcasters (WDR, MDR and so on) that broadcast regionally (per state).
                  (at least that was the initial setup ... nowadays all regional TV stations can be received all over germany (for example, I , in NRW, can receive also the bavarian thirsd station) ... and the german wide first 2 TV stations have opened up a host of special-interest channels ... and also have cooperations with other state-broadcasters ... for example Arte, a cooperation between french and german TV).

It is financed by a certain monthly TV fee that every household in germany has to pay ... and each of the stations is governed by a committee that (among others) has seats for a member of every major political party.

The thought behind this is, to have TV broadcasters that are exactly not subject to this kind of partisanship that you may get by privately financed TV broadcasters.

I don't claim that it works perfectly (especially wasteful handling of the TV fees always is a topic), but these TV stations surely don't show the level of partisanship you see in the some of the examples in the USA.
                  (I should add that "partisanship" rrefers to internal german affairs ... they still are (as is germanys political spectrum), left from the USAs political spectrum ... and therefore certain shows on these broadcasters will not hesitate to make fun of Trump or Erdogan (Jan Böhmermann is well known for this ... he was the one who co-initiated the America first, but let us be second movement and created the Erdogan-Song))
                  Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 13, 2017, 13:14.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Not part of my point. So whatever. It was also before the Republicans went off the deep end.
                    Actually Reagan was much more conservative than most republicans, even those in the Patriot movement. The patriot movement just wants to put America First. Every Democrat before Obama believed in that unless they were a communist. So sabe the talking point.

Comment

• So sabe the talking point.
                      ??????

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Save the talking point

Comment

• Yes. your thoughts on Obama are well known and I will not waste any time on that discussion.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You have up on CNN. I'm assuming that's where you got the idea that republicans are a bunch of Islamapgobic, misogynist, racist, homophobic, privileged white males, but you aren't willing to accept that CNN got Obama elected. What are you going to do now? Play Parchesie?

Comment

• That would be difficult since I didn't watch CNN much during that election so I wouldn't comment on that. Just like I really didn't look at Breitbart much during the election so wouldn't blame Breitbart for getting Trump elected.
                              People that exclusively watch sources that reflect their beliefs are going to vote for the guy they were always going to vote for.

Others, look at multiple sources and make up their own minds. And it's obvious from your last post that you're one of the former. I'd like to think I'm the latter. I usually vote Republican, but I've made exceptions a few time. I've voted for most of the Republican Candidates for President since 72 but not all of them (trump, romeny and dole come to mind)
                              For Senate I've voted REP every time but once. I can tell you that Moore wouldn't have made the cut.

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• On the contrary. I'm more educated than you. So you look at Jezebel? Everyday feminism? Daily Beast? Etc...? I don't, because those are stupid propaganda sites, and MSM is just as bad, although I will go there to get stories or information. I don't sit there and read everything because I know it's propaganda. You don't. Reading multiple sources doesn't mean **** if you believe all the lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X