No announcement yet.

Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction,"
    That is the quote they twisted the meaning of. He is clearly not saying that America was great because of slavery. He said "even though" meaning that part was bad.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• And yes slavery was bad, of course. Nobody thinks otherwise. But slavery is in history. Let's talk about who is doing bad today. That's what matters. And that's what Moore was doing.

That said, Moore was not a good candidate. Like the President said, we need better candidates.

Comment

• Trump totally triggered the Morning Joe.

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” co-host Mika Brzezinski argued President Trump’s tweet about Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) constitutes sexual harassment and that people who work around the president and don’t try to get him to delete the tweet don’t care about the country or women.

advertisement

Regent University

Theological Degree Online
        Develop your Christian faith and academic excellence through Regent's Theological Studies...
        LEARN MORE

Brzezinski said, “I just want to say something, beyond the fact that it is reprehensible that the president of the United States would say something so derogatory and disgusting about a woman, we’re not surprised, Mr. President. You do it all the time. You treat women terribly, and you treat the women around you even worse. And you treat women like punching bags. Because it’s fun for you. Because you are intimidated by women. That’s your problem, okay, but for the people who work for you, you need to act. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, good luck today in the briefing, don’t lie. And do not defend the president of the United States for what he did.”

She later added, “Everybody else, working around the president, if your day is not consumed by getting him to take down that tweet, please leave. You’re worth nothing. You don’t care about this country. You don’t care about women.”

Brzezinski further stated that Trump was suggesting Gillibrand “would have sex with him in order to get campaign contributions.” And Trump “literally sexually harassed, in a cruel way, a woman on Twitter.”
        I mean if that's not PTSD it's got to be TDS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

That is the quote they twisted the meaning of. He is clearly not saying that America was great because of slavery. He said "even though" meaning that part was bad.
          I know the quote ... and it basically says:
          The time before the civil war was great, because white family still held together. I don't care about the pain the black (enslaved) families had to go through at this time
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And yes slavery was bad, of course. Nobody thinks otherwise. But slavery is in history. Let's talk about who is doing bad today. That's what matters. And that's what Moore was doing.

That said, Moore was not a good candidate. Like the President said, we need better candidates.
            Actually, accoding to this article:
            As a cold morning broke at the White House on Wednesday, questions mounted about who was to blame for the remarkable loss of Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore.

Trump preferred Moore over Strange, in huge parts, because Moore was much more Anti-Establishment than Strange.
            It was only because of the advice of his team, that made Trump back Strange instead of Moore and he was quite furious at his team, when it turned out that, thanks to his team, he put his bets on the wrong horse.

Likewise, when he then switched to Moore and the accusations regarding teen dating turned up, it was Ivanka who advised him to drop Moore, because "there's a special place in hell for people who prey on children.", whereas Bannon advised Trump, to continue backing Moore, as, if Moore loses, the Democrats might feel encuraged to revisit the accusations against Trump (because of sexual Harrassment).
            Obviously this scare then convinced Trump to hear the advice of Bannon and not the one of Ivanka
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

I know the quote ... and it basically says:
              The time before the civil war was great, because white family still held together. I don't care about the pain the black (enslaved) families had to go through at this time
              B'S. The blk family is in even worse condition. Does Jones care? No. Only about getting elected.

Comment

• Not interested in CNN opinion

Comment

B'S. The blk family is in even worse condition. Does Jones care? No. Only about getting elected.
                  I m sure that the black family is not in a worse condition than at the time before the civil war ...
                  when it was the white masters decision whether or not his slaves were allowed to marry ... whether or not he (the master) wanted to have sex with one of his slaves ...
                  and whether or not the couple would remain together (or one of them woud be sold) ... and whether or not the black couples children were allowed to stay ith their parents or ould be sold to another white master

Comment

I m sure that the black family is not in a worse condition than at the time before the civil war ...
                    when it was the white masters decision whether or not his slaves were allowed to marry ... whether or not he (the master) wanted to have sex with one of his slaves ...
                    and whether or not the couple would remain together (or one of them woud be sold) ... and whether or not the black couples children were allowed to stay ith their parents or ould be sold to another white master
                    Why do you keep talking about slavery? That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Do you care about black people, or just making white people look bad?

Comment

Why do you keep talking about slavery? That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Do you care about black people, or just making white people look bad?
                      I keep taking about slavery, because at the time before the civil war (i.e. the time when Moore thinks, the USA was great the last time) this was the situation black families were in.
                      It may be that white families were more united at this time ... but for black families in the USA the contrary was the case (because of being subject to their masters wishes)

Comment

I keep taking about slavery, because at the time before the civil war (i.e. the time when Moore thinks, the USA was great the last time) this was the situation black families were in.
                        It may be that white families were more united at this time ... but for black families in the USA the contrary was the case (because of being subject to their masters wishes)
                        Again, no one was proposing that slavery be reinstated. Why do you keep lying?

Comment

• Anyone stupid enough to mention slavery like that during a close election is an idiot and deserved to lose no matter what he was trying to imply. IF my cat was republican she could have won that election. Quite telling that Moore couldn't.
                          His wife claiming that they had a Jewish lawyer was another BRILLIANT moment. I was waiting for her to say her having a Mexican law service and a black nanny proved they aren't racist.

But it's over and he lost. Good riddance.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Whether people were stupid or not is besides the point. Also, not impressive to call people stupid because people falsely accuse them.

Comment

• I guess you're in the minority that fell for his lie that he was falsely accused. Even many Republicans in the state obviously didn't believe him. But believe what you want. It's immaterial now. He lost.

And I think stupid is quite relevant when we're talking about potential senators. Changing his story at the last minutes was stupid. His wife's comments were stupid. His comments were stupid.
                              IT all adds up. He lost by so little.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                I guess you're in the minority that fell for his lie that he was falsely accused. Even many Republicans in the state obviously didn't believe him. But believe what you want. It's immaterial now. He lost.

And I think stupid is quite relevant when we're talking about potential senators. Changing his story at the last minutes was stupid. His wife's comments were stupid. His comments were stupid.
                                IT all adds up. He lost by so little.
                                Coming from a person who falsely accuses people.

Comment

Working...
                                X