Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new part in the series of strangely overblown US-ER bills

Baby of some tourists in San Frncisco falls from bed and hits his head, prompting his parents to call the ambulance.
    In the emergency room, it is found out after only a brief cursory examination, that the baby is well, with just a little bruising on his nose.

Mother gets a bottle with formula to feed the kid and it is allowed to take a nap of a few hours.

2 years after this episode, the parents get the hospitals bill.
    18k $ ... ~15k of which are a mysterious "trauma reactivation fee"

If I ever plan to visit the USA remind me to not do it without having a travel health insurance policy that covers several 10 ks of $
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Trump is bringing down the deficit. Wait.....Sorry, fake news. But i'm sure the Trumpists will say it's absolute truth.
      Larry Kudlow, the director of the National Economic Council, said that the deficit is “coming down rapidly” in a Friday morning appearance on Fox Business.

The problem for President Trump’s top economic adviser is that the deficit is actually rising.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• A Prankster called the WH in order to speak with Donald Trump ... and got through to Donnie on Airforce One

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/whi...mpression=true
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
          Trump is bringing down the deficit. Wait.....Sorry, fake news. But i'm sure the Trumpists will say it's absolute truth.

https://thinkprogress.org/larry-kudl...-7f4c5caac6d5/
          "Those large budget deficits would arise because spending would grow steadily under current law, and revenues would not keep pace with that spending growth."

Revenue is growing though.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• No. No, it's not.

"At 78 percent of gross domestic product, federal debt held by the public is now at its highest level since shortly after World War II," the CBO found. "If current laws generally remained unchanged, the Congressional Budget Office projects, growing budget deficits would boost that debt sharply over the next 30 years; it would approach 100 percent of GDP by the end of the next decade and 152 percent by 2048. That amount would be the highest in the nation's history by far."

The new report to Congress paints a grim fiscal outlook for the next three decades, blaming sharp increases in net interest costs, Social Security and Medicare spending, and generally flat revenues over the next few years. In a nutshell, according to the CBO, spending is growing rapidly year over year — and revenues and even the growth of the economy just aren't keeping up with the pace.
            The Congressional Budget Office projects the national debt will be as large as GDP in a decade
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Multiple journalists circulated a conspiracy theory on Twitter that a document from the Department of Homeland Security contains Nazi code Thursday.

Matt 7:2

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                I quoted the CBO

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where? All I see is a Daily Caller piece about dogwhistle nazism.

• Kidlicious
                  Kidlicious commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where I claimed that revenue increased.

• There may be a slight increase in revenue this year, but not nearly enough to keep pace with spending. Thus, the debt has crossed the $21 Trillion mark and continues to rise. Trump and his cronies dealt themselves huge tax cuts while increasing US debt.

The depth of hypocrisy in the "fiscally responsible" GOP is truly disgusting.
                Last edited by -Jrabbit; June 30, 2018, 10:28.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The debt has crossed the $21 Trillion mark and continues to rise. Trump and his cronies dealt themselves huge tax cuts while increasing US debt.

The depth of hypocrisy in the "fiscally responsible" GOP is truly disgusting.
                  Do you know the difference between revenue and debt?

Comment

• Kidlicious
                    Kidlicious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've heard of revenue neutral tax reform. What does that have to do with the FACT that revenue increased.

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What about the FACT that the national debt continues to increase?

• Kidlicious
                    Kidlicious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stop spending money.

Thus, the debt has crossed the 21 Trillion mark and continues to rise.
                  Sounds like Germany mid 1920'ies

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

Sounds like Germany mid 1920'ies
                    You mean the time when inflation got so high, that the national bank printed banknotes with the worth of 100k Mark or even 1 million Mark

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	bcabcbde8621fd0a02ed0a8428a9e88d--stamp-collecting-postage-stamps.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	9349951

You forgot the stamps
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• So you have a choice between The Democrats Tax Rises and High Spending or the Republicans Tax Cuts and High Spending.......Hooray for the two party system.
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Trump Jr says Trump will pick Jeanine Pirro to replace Kennedy.

Comment

• Trump loves spewing his "Alternative Facts" at his rallies
                            “They came to me three days ago and they said, ‘Sir, we’d like you to sign this order,’” Trump told his audience. “What is the order? ‘We need 5,000 judges on the border.’ I said, ‘Judges? What other country has judges?’ I said, ‘How many do we have now?’ They didn’t even know. So we have thousands of judges and now we’re going to have 5,000.”

In fact, there are about 334 immigration judges currently serving, not “thousands” as Trump claims. Additionally, only another 365 judges would be needed to eliminate the backlog of cases, according to Dana Leigh Marks, president emeritus of the National Association of Immigration Judges.

Comment

Working...
                            X