Bible twice as violent as the Koran.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Well, hopefully those people would not begin to read the bible with the old testament ... for example Deuteronomy 13:6-17, Deuternomy 17:2-7 or 2. Chronicles 15:13
    You can begin with the Gospels. That's a must. The OT gives you a better understanding, but you have to read the Gospels.

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Like I said, it's the Jews. Everything is the fault of the Jews.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Like I said, it's the Jews. Everything is the fault of the Jews.
        Well, the god of the jews also is the god of the christians and muslims
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The New Testament describes violence against Christians, the Koran tells Muslims how to be violent

Comment

Well, the god of the jews also is the god of the christians and muslims
            That's most likely Mohammed's intention.

Comment

From the 13th century till the beginning of the 19th century a huge number of peple were burned in Pyres or executed by other means for falling away from doctrinal christianity. I am sure that can be interpreted as "70% of christians at this time supportung the killing of people for laving the religion"
              You talk about 2 different things:
              Falling away from doctrinal christianity = heresy = still calling yourself christian/catholic, but claiming the official doctrine is wrong about some point.
              Leaving the religion = apostate = renouncing your religion, converting to other religion or becoming atheist.

And if I believe wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_..._1804_and_1813, it is more heretics than apostates that were burned.

While the old testament punishment for opostates is stoning, I don't know exactly what was middle age christianity punishment for it.
              Post reform christians seem to practise more banishment from the community than really execution of apostates.
              Seems to me that the church fears more false doctrine than rejection of the faith.
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                The New Testament describes violence against Christians, the Koran tells Muslims how to be violent
                I'm fairly sure people in the 7th century were already pretty good at being violent.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

I'm fairly sure people in the 7th century were already pretty good at being violent.
                  Historically not true. Try studying history before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry View Post

You talk about 2 different things:
                    Falling away from doctrinal christianity = heresy = still calling yourself christian/catholic, but claiming the official doctrine is wrong about some point.
                    Leaving the religion = apostate = renouncing your religion, converting to other religion or becoming atheist.

And if I believe wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_..._1804_and_1813, it is more heretics than apostates that were burned.

While the old testament punishment for opostates is stoning, I don't know exactly what was middle age christianity punishment for it.
                    Post reform christians seem to practise more banishment from the community than really execution of apostates.
                    Seems to me that the church fears more false doctrine than rejection of the faith.
                    They both were classified as Blasphemy ... and Apostay was considered to be a graver blasphemy than heresy ... see here:

Therefore I would assume that both would be punishable by death

See also:
                    Like a long line of influential theologians before him, stretching back to St Augustine, he advocated the death penalty for offenders , and this was the prevailing view of Protestant as well as Catholic scholars. The consensus was that there was no choice in the matter because God had been explicit:
                    And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death. (Leviticus 24:16).
                    Since anyone who disagreed with the Church was necessarily guilty of blasphemy, and therefor liable to the death penalty, there were few people who would voluntarily come forward to declare themselves. ...

In thirteenth century England a young deacon fell in love with a Jewess and converted to Judaism. For this he was degraded and excommunicated by a Church Council at Oxford in 1222, then burned alive . In 1267 Pope Clement IV ordered the Inquisition to proceed against Christians who converted to Judaism. Three years later two converts were killed at Weissenberg in Alsace (one of them a prior in a Mendicant Order).. Presumably the danger continued, for the Papal bull authorising the Inquisition to investigate such cases was reissued in 1274, 1288 and 1290. ...
                    persecution,Apostates, Humanists, Pantheists,Deists, atheists,UN,United Nations,Declaration of Human Rights,Declaration,Human Rights,Christian Church,Christianity, Christians,penal reform

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Historically not true. Try studying history before speaking.
                      Are you sure you'd like to start a battle of historical knowledge with me? Are you absolutely sure that's what you'd like to do?

Comment

He will probably try, and suck at it since his version of history is not even close to reality.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Are you sure you'd like to start a battle of historical knowledge with me? Are you absolutely sure that's what you'd like to do?
                          You already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

You already lost.
                            When you tried to claim the 7th century wasn't violent outside of the rise of Islam? Are you actually ****ing retarded?

Comment

When you tried to claim the 7th century wasn't violent outside of the rise of Islam? Are you actually ****ing retarded?
                              I'm not going to play games with you. Islam started out with an extreme amount of violence. You're the one who is retarded.

Comment

Yes... and the Koran told people how (and why) to be violent. That just isn't comparable to the violence in the NT, Jesus and his followers were the victims of violence, not the perpetrators. Jesus didn't walk around telling people to behead each other in his name. The OT and Koran are both violent and have violent gods, but they differ in one respect - Judaism is exclusive and Islam is expansionist. The former doesn't care if other people are 'sinners' and not Jewish, the latter requires submission.

Comment

Working...
                                X