So be it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
    Trump may be more socially liberal than you give him credit for.
    Yes he might, but he has a GOP-sized ball and chain on his foot.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

Now all the progress us LGBT people fought for will be destroyed. I'm sure someone like Ben is happy.

Funny enough even Ben didn't want Trump to become POTUS ...
      seems like one of the rare time where (almost) the whole OT is united in its unhappiness
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
        You can't be serious. What are her qualifications? HRC was a senator and a foreign minister. Mrs Barack Obama knows her way around the White House.
        What was Obama's qualification? One term senator. We need to stop with that.

Maybe Kamala Harris may be better... She has a load of qualifications. Maybe California needs to deliver a candidate.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Trump may be more socially liberal than you give him credit for.
          No he isn't. He is against same sex marriage and will appoint a Supreme Court Justice who will gut same sex marriage.

I hope some of the other justices can hang on for four more years.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

You can't be serious. What are her qualifications? HRC was a senator and a foreign minister. Mrs Barack Obama knows her way around the White House.
            Well, what are Trumps qualifications ... and (even more) what were Bush jrs. qualifications?
            Seems like formal "qualifications" aren't important for the most important positions in a state (i.e. Head of state or minister)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

From wiki:

Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama (born January 17, 1964) is an American lawyer, writer, and First Lady of the United States. She is married to the 44th and current President of the United States, Barack Obama, and is the first African-American First Lady. Raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois, Obama is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School, and spent her early legal career working at the law firm Sidley Austin, where she met her husband
              Pretty similar to HRC when she left the White House if I remember correctly. Maybe Michelle runs for Senator from Illinois??
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

From wiki:

Pretty similar to HRC when she left the White House if I remember correctly. Maybe Michelle runs for Senator from Illinois??
                She probably could do that in 2018.

But Kamala Harris is one to watch out for. She will give Republicans pure hell in the Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  Your opinion...
                  My opinion what? You just casually equated white supremacy to run of the mill corrupt Democratic politics.

That's ****ing retarded. Have "some guts" and own up to it.

And if you believe in a God, pray to it and search for your soul.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well obviously, experience as an elected official isn't necessary to get people to vote for you.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Now all the progress us LGBT people fought for will be destroyed. I'm sure someone like Ben is happy.

This is just so sad.
                      Doubtful. Trump doesn't seem to give a crap about gays or transgenders. If he nominated a homophobic ******* to the Supreme Court it'll just replace the homophobic ******* who kicked the bucket. And even if the Supreme Court became anti-LGBT, that wouldn't cause DADT to get reinstated, and plenty of states would now be willing to vote in favor of legalizing gay marriage, so at least some progress would remain.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                        Doubtful. Trump doesn't seem to give a crap about gays or transgenders. If he nominated a homophobic ******* to the Supreme Court it'll just replace the homophobic ******* who kicked the bucket. And even if the Supreme Court became anti-LGBT, that wouldn't cause DADT to get reinstated, and plenty of states would now be willing to vote in favor of legalizing gay marriage, so at least some progress would remain.
                        He only gives a crap about himself.

Wishful thinking though. Social conservatives will see this as an opening. Same sex marriage is done at the federal level. Its over. Trump is about as socially conservative as Ted Cruz plus he had that stupid Pence *******.

BTW, several of those other justices are getting up there in age. I hope they can hang on for four more years.

Comment

That gives her more relevant experience than Trump

Comment

He only gives a crap about himself.

Wishful thinking though. Social conservatives will see this as an opening. Same sex marriage is done at the federal level. Its over. Trump is about as socially conservative as Ted Cruz plus he had that stupid Pence *******.

BTW, several of those other justices are getting up there in age. I hope they can hang on for four more years.
                            They have to either get control of the Supreme Court (won't happen unless a liberal justice dies/retires in the next 4 years) or get past a Democratic filibuster to do anything to same sex marriage at the federal level. Worst Trump could do for the LGBT is repeal some executive orders Obama issued.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                              They have to either get control of the Supreme Court (won't happen unless a liberal justice dies/retires in the next 4 years) or get past a Democratic filibuster to do anything to same sex marriage at the federal level. Worst Trump could do for the LGBT is repeal some executive orders Obama issued.
                              As I said, I doubt some of those Justices will make it for another four years. They are getting up there in age.

The best I can hope for is a massive screw up by the GOP and Trump (likely) and retribution in 2018 midterms with Democrats regaining control (maybe).

This sets back minorities in this country by decades. Trumps victory speech was a ****ing joke. That man will never represent me.

Comment

seems like one of the rare time where (almost) the whole OT is united in its unhappiness
                                I was really concerned with Heck down and Toomey down and Bayh up that they would piss away the Senate. Glad they held onto it.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X