No announcement yet.

So be it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really. There is hope. If the country can survive 8 years of Cheney running the country, it will survive this.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      Really. There is hope. If the country can survive 8 years of Cheney running the country, it will survive this.
      Cheney sounds pretty good right now.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

My grandfather was made to dig his own grave when Nazis came to Kragujevic. 5,000 were machine gunned. He survived hiding under bodies. He escaped into the woods. He linked up with a partisan unit under British command. He fought. He escaped after the war when the Allies were going to sell the Serb Royalists out to the Communists. He got into Italy. When British and American forces then captured the Serbians, he and others dug tunnels out of the camp and escaped. They were surrounded by tanks facing in.

That was the thanks they got for helping fight the Nazis.

But he made. And my grandmother made it. And my great aunt... she didn't. She got shipped back to the Communist regime by the Allied forces and spent 18 years in a Communist prison.

When she got out, she came to America and faced oppression at the hands of white southerners unlike anything the Nazis and Commies did. She said white southerners were worse than both the Nazis and Soviets. Nazis just want you dead. Simple. White Americans from the South want you to be their slave. If you aren't white, anglo, and fundamentalist, you get a burning cross on your lawn.

They lived in Mississippi. **** that state.

Point is. There's hope.

My family made it to Chicago. One of the few places in this country, at the time, that you could settle and be safe... ish.

We're here now... and doing well. My mom was born in a refugee camp and is now a CEO. She earned her spot. She didn't need a hubby prez.

Don't lose that hope. Once you've done that, they win.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The point that most fail to realize is that Hillary's actions throughout her career produced a Donald Trump Candidate. If the Democrats had produced just about any other leader of their party to be their candidate, I dare say they would have won a large victory last night.

So anyway...the deal is done. Trump will be President. Let's ALL hope that he turns out to be a good one.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Thanks, Sava. I guess I'm being an emotional wreck and should try to keep the hope I have. Maybe I should stop messing around with hormones.

And your grandparents were incredible people for getting through all that. I can't even imagine what it was like going from one wave of oppression to another.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              And yes Sava, we had two pieces of crap to choose from. So no matter what happened, it was going to be bad.
              I voted, but not for either of those two asshats.
              Actually, you had a ton of candidates to choose from. But you picked two pieces of crap out of them for the final round LOL

In retrospect, if either party would have been smart enough to switch to a less hated candidate, it would have won without much trouble.
              Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                The point that most fail to realize is that Hillary's actions throughout her career produced a Donald Trump Candidate. If the Democrats had produced just about any other leader of their party to be their candidate, I dare say they would have won a large victory last night.

So anyway...the deal is done. Trump will be President. Let's ALL hope that he turns out to be a good one.
                You are perhaps right and she let her personal ambition get in the way of country and party. Elizabeth Warren dare I say.

As far as the second sentence... Probably about as good as Herbert Hoover. And as racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  So no matter what happened, it was going to be bad.
                  Well, no. One choice is business as usual. Which sucks. Yes. But it isn't white supremacy.

**** your false dichotomy. HARD
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

GC: Just keep your chin up. Don't give them another victory by allowing them to suck the life from you. You're a great person. I'm not gonna sit here and watch people I like have a hard time.

**** that.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
                      Actually, you had a ton of candidates to choose from. But you picked two pieces of crap out of them for the final round LOL

In retrospect, if either party would have been smart enough to switch to a less hated candidate, it would have won without much trouble.
                      Actually emerican citizens had even more candidates to choose from.
                      After all thee were much more parties in this election than just Clinton and Trump (and I guess, a few of them would have been better choices for Prez, than Clinton and Trump )

It is just, that the Winner takes all-System for each states electors favours the 2 big parties so much, that it ither useless to vote for any other parties candidates.

And I guess, the willingness of the GOP and Democrats, to change anything about it, will be rather low.
                      After all it is to their profit (despite the sometimes awkward circumstances that the less popular of the 2 candidates may win the election)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        GC: Just keep your chin up. Don't give them another victory by allowing them to suck the life from you. You're a great person. I'm not gonna sit here and watch people I like have a hard time.

**** that.
                        Thanks. I will try. It just hurts. And now I fear I won't be able to marry the guy I love... Who came here from Mexico when he was a kid. He only knows this country.

I'm so utterly sad.

Now all the progress us LGBT people fought for will be destroyed. I'm sure someone like Ben is happy.

This is just so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          Well, no. One choice is business as usual. Which sucks. Yes. But it isn't white supremacy.

**** your false dichotomy. HARD
                          Your opinion... Let's see what happens.
                          Hillary would have been a disaster as well. She's not Obama.
                          I didn't want Trump, but I really didn't want Hillary either.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think the popular vote will stay with Hillary. West coast still counting I think.

Turn out is down for both parties since the last election.

I think four to five million less voted. Maybe even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                              Thanks. I will try. It just hurts. And now I fear I won't be able to marry the guy I love... Who came here from Mexico when he was a kid. He only knows this country.

I'm so utterly sad.

Now all the progress us LGBT people fought for will be destroyed. I'm sure someone like Ben is happy.

This is just so sad.
                              Trump may be more socially liberal than you give him credit for.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                                Maybe it is time for Michelle to give it a go in four years.
                                You can't be serious. What are her qualifications? HRC was a senator and a foreign minister. Mrs Barack Obama knows her way around the White House.
                                Graffiti in a public toilet
                                Do not require skill or wit
                                Among the **** we all are poets
                                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X