So be it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a social service:

demagogue. From Demos (people/community) and Agogi (to lead someone somewhere/ to raise someone a certain way - spartans were very (in)famous for their harse agogi)

So demagogos is the one who (mis)leads the people somewhere.

(as opposed to democracy - again demos and power)

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
      One of my friends texted me a fair well message as he doesn't have his papers and was trying to go through the process. Came here when he was 9 years old from El Salvador.

This seems to be the most common story.

I hope these sychophants are happy.
      Why doesn't he have his papers?
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• people who wish to bathe in liberal tears should check out the #notmypresident hashtag on twitter.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
          Why doesn't he have his papers?
          Because he was brought here when he was a kid. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

And it takes years to get proper papers here. Deferred action wasn't enough, and he is trying to get his green card. Trump will probably kick him out.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• wow
            xpost

and

Comment

• I do not recognize Trump either as President. He is incapable of fulfilling the duties of the job. If I was incapable of my job duties, I'd be removed too.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Because he was brought here when he was a kid. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

And it takes years to get proper papers here. Deferred action wasn't enough, and he is trying to get his green card. Trump will probably kick him out.
                Gotta protect American jerbs

Comment

I do not recognize Trump either as President. He is incapable of fulfilling the duties of the job. If I was incapable of my job duties, I'd be removed too.
                  Too bad, all your Mexican friends are getting deported.

Comment

• If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Comment

• Then stop responding to BK

Comment

I do not recognize Trump either as President. He is incapable of fulfilling the duties of the job. If I was incapable of my job duties, I'd be removed too.
                        Hate to say this but this is no different than Trump saying if he lost it was rigged.
                        All the dem gave him lots of abuse for that stand, so it seems a bit hypocritical to say the same thing when he wins.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Hate to say this but this is no different than Trump saying if he lost it was rigged.
                          All the dem gave him lots of abuse for that stand, so it seems a bit hypocritical to say the same thing when he wins.
                          He was never fit for the job so I have no reason to recognize him as President.

And he might not be President for that long.

That inquiry by the New York Attorney General could turn into something more. I'm thinking fraud and racketeering. First incoming President potentially hauled off the jail. Wow.

Good job, America. We might end up with that idiot Mike Pence as President.

Comment

• As much as i dislike trump, I'd prefer him over Pence.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              As much as i dislike trump, I'd prefer him over Pence.
                              Well... He is facing a potential criminal investigation with the foundation he operates.

Comment

That inquiry by the New York Attorney General could turn into something more. I'm thinking fraud and racketeering. First incoming President potentially hauled off the jail. Wow.

Good job, America. We might end up with that idiot Mike Pence as President.
                                Trump also promised to jail Clinton. That will be funny
                                Knowledge is Power

Comment

Working...
                                X