Apolyton Job Fair (serious thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    *shrug*. 100k pretax plus say, 2k relocation from Texas is not that much of an unreasonable demand. I have a history degree from a secular, accreditated university in college, plus more than a half decade of relevant American work experience.
    Oh wow. I didn't realize that Catholic schools pay that much to part time teachers.

Your degree is singular. You have a religious history degree. I have three degrees. I know four languages. I have a job that probably pays triple than what you make at present. The funny part is I only have 3-4 years of work experience, and I already make more than you. I have drive and ambition. I am someone who struggled at first and had to read gas meters as a starter job, but that didn't stop me from pursuing what I wanted to do. Shall I go on?

Are you happy doing what you do? I really enjoy teaching where I'm at. It's my dream job and I'm thrilled to have it. Plus, Texas rocks, yo.
    I make tons of money and California is awesome. Literally in a 3-4 hour drive in any direction you can go to places like snow covered mountains, to beautiful beaches in Santa Barbara, to Joshua Tree... I can go on.

In Texas... you can drive to the lovely beach and port city known as Galveston *bleech*... anybody ever been to Galveston? I have. Not much to write home about! I remember the disgusting beaches in Texas. Corpus Christi, Galveston... disgusting coastline.

Edit: I often go to Joshua Tree often just to clear my mind. I also went camping out there and that was awesome. I didn't see any UFOs or ET though... what a shame.
    Last edited by Giancarlo; September 11, 2016, 00:11.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• BK is terrible because of his views and the manner in which he expresses them.

there are a lot of very good people in this world who don't make a lot of money

so just, if you would please, keep your eye on the ball, so to speak
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
        BK is terrible because of his views and the manner in which he expresses them.

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Why would I quit my job that I actually like, that allows me to live in Texas, to go help Sava grow Pot? In Chicago? Like I said, he couldn't afford me.
          Originally posted by Sava View Post
          BK is terrible because of his views and the manner in which he expresses them.

Of course. I didn't mean to come off that way.

My post was only to BK and his arrogance.

There are many great people who don't make a lot of money. I went from making little money to a great job. He asked if I was happy with what I am doing. I am very much so.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• and i don't mean to give you a hard time

we're on the same side of course
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• but on topic:

I have money.

I need things done. I'm one person. Most of this is just calling and hiring people, scheduling things.

I need competency and I will pay for it.

Who likes money? Who can get things done?

job requirements:

put up with me
              listen
              do what i say
              enjoy what i pay you
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• and there's no office where you have to dress up and commute an hour to get to

if you can be on the moon, naked, smoking crack while eating bacon and a pound of butter while driving 300 mile an hour on a dune buggy making ten mile long jumps (moon gravity estimation) while masturbating and covering the moon with your spooge in the process

THEN THAT"S FINE

I don't care.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• executives: you are mostly worthless with your fancy titles

i just need you all dolled up on my arm for when i hit up banks for 8 figure loans
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• i'm here to elevate one of you peons

because i like this place

and i like you guys

and because i can

mother****ers
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Elok, just for the record, I was always trolling you.

No hard feelings. I hope.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        I possess the correct answers to the most important questions humans ask.
                        Oh, good. I'm stuck at a bridge right now, and the guy in the tollbooth is asking some weird stuff. What do you know about swallows? African and European.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Oh wow. I didn't realize that Catholic schools pay that much to part time teachers.
                          It's pretty much standard operating procedure. Someone who is happy with their current position will need more money in order to convince them to leave that position.

Your degree is singular. You have a religious history degree.
                          You may think so. I have the standard BA in History from the University of Northern British Columbia. It is not a Christian college. It is actually one of the better undergrad (albeit fairly new), universities in Canada.

I am someone who struggled at first and had to read gas meters as a starter job, but that didn't stop me from pursuing what I wanted to do. Shall I go on?
                          It's funny that you cite your struggles and then forget that you're talking to someone who's deaf who teaches at a hearing school.

I actually have not yet been to Galveston or Corpus Christi, but that's due to circumstances not desire. I'd love to go to either.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It's pretty much standard operating procedure. Someone who is happy with their current position will need more money in order to convince them to leave that position.

LMAO. You get paid 25% of $100,000 a year. So you would need four times what you make to leave lmao? Standard operating procedure lmao.

You may think so. I have the standard BA in History from the University of Northern British Columbia. It is not a Christian college. It is actually one of the better undergrad (albeit fairly new), universities in Canada.
                            Religious history BA.

But you still think a general degree is better than a Master's Degree. Again LMAO.

It's funny that you cite your struggles and then forget that you're talking to someone who's deaf who teaches at a hearing school.

I actually have not yet been to Galveston or Corpus Christi, but that's due to circumstances not desire. I'd love to go to either.
                            It's funny you try to discredit my struggles. Someone who is gay and is genderfluid. Someone who has been faced with discrimination plenty of times in the past. Someone who had to fight his way up and not letting people tell me that I can't or that I should settle for less.

Galveston and Corpus Christi have awful beaches and you couldn't pay me to go there again.
                            Last edited by Giancarlo; September 11, 2016, 19:01. Reason: Typo: Galveston and Corpus Christi are NASTY cities with NASTY beaches.

Comment

• Religious history BA.
                              Contrary to what you might believe, the department at the University of Northern British Columbia has 6 different courses on 'women's studies'.

Their current offerings.

What about that program suggests 'religious history' to you?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Contrary to what you might believe, the department at the University of Northern British Columbia has 6 different courses on 'women's studies'.

Their current offerings.

What about that program suggests 'religious history' to you?
                                Pretty weak selection there.

Many universities offer religious history degrees. Even secular ones.

So is your paltry religious history degree better than my MA Degree lol?

Comment

Working...
                                X