Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is better for a society to be mostly Christian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
    I've only read this post.

To say the US is secular is laughable from other countries' points of view. Half your population disbelieves evolution, FFS.

Having said that, I like liberal, progressive nations. These, by and large, are Western, not least because of the wealth we generated from colonialism. Third world countries are generally less Christian, more other faiths. They also tend to suffer extreme poverty and lack of education. These are a recipe for some bad ****.

So yes, I'd rather live in a Christian country, but not because it's Christian, but because it's more likely to be wealthy, well educated and progressive.
    So you agree with me?!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      I actually ran a chart from the 70s or so. Texas is now the wealthiest southern state, something it has never been.
      Not everything is about Texas. I can't believe what you did to this thread.

Comment

• Not everything is about Texas. I can't believe what you did to this thread.
        It's a better thread.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I actually ran a chart from the 70s or so. Texas is now the wealthiest southern state, something it has never been.
          Yet losing ground still against states like California. Oh wow. More wealthy based on oil. Compared to states like Mississippi. Big freaking deal.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            So you agree with me?!
            You like Christian religious states? Move to Uganda.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Yet losing ground still against states like California. Oh wow. More wealthy based on oil. Compared to states like Mississippi. Big freaking deal.
              California used to be top 4, top 5. Now it's not.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

California used to be top 4, top 5. Now it's not.
                False claim. More bull**** foaming from your mouth. California ranks in the top three. Where does Texas rank? Near the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                  No. Not necessarily. She changed her mind in 2011, which was before Obama, Biden and the Democratic party. She changed before. Not after.
                  Gee Wally, she's such a recent convert I wonder if her changed mind had anything to do with trending public opinion polls and her future run at the WH

I don't know why you refuse to address any of the other issues I brought. Libertarians must be that horrible on the environment and economy.
                  They believe in the free market, they believe billions of producers and consumers are better at defining value than a few politicians and their advisors. And since I dont believe I have some inherent right to rule or make everybody's decisions I'm inclined to see their belief as the most moral of the options. As for the environment, would you agree private property is better kept than public property? The most polluted lands are public and it was politicians who allowed it to happen. How many homeowners would accept a bribe to let Dupont dump toxins on their land? Libertarians dont believe you should be able to pollute your neighbor's land.

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                  Don't care. The party is repulsive in its other views, such as being progun, probusiness (to an extreme) and anti environment.

Do you not understand I am passionate on multiple issues?
                  You said they were so fundamentally wrong, I took issue with that... Thought I'd see just how wrong they are. But yes, they do support the Bill of Rights... I dont know what being extremely pro-business means, your Dems are taking my money to subsidize businesses they like (and/or accept bribes from) and Libertarians oppose corporate fascism. Sounds like you support the extremists, not me.

Comment

You like Christian religious states? Move to Uganda.
                    Most people in Uganda are more reasonable than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                      Gee Wally, she's such a recent convert I wonder if her changed mind had anything to do with trending public opinion polls and her future run at the WH
                      And Obama is?

They believe in the free market, they believe billions of producers and consumers are better at defining value than a few politicians and their advisors. And since I dont believe I have some inherent right to rule or make everybody's decisions I'm inclined to see their belief as the most moral of the options. As for the environment, would you agree private property is better kept than public property? The most polluted lands are public and it was politicians who allowed it to happen. How many homeowners would accept a bribe to let Dupont dump toxins on their land? Libertarians dont believe you should be able to pollute your neighbor's land.
                      All utter nonsense. They believe in piss down economics (others call it trickle down). They believe in selling this nation out to corporations (even more than republicans - that's what is so scary about them). They want to destroy all regulation. I do not agree private property is better kept than public property. That's an outright lie. Some of the biggest environmental disasters have all been because of private businesses (Shell, BP, etc). The most polluted lands are private lands and politicians who allowed public lands to get polluted were in the pockets of private businesses doing what they want. I want more stringent and tough regulations to prevent that from happening and more oversight. Your ideas about "not believing you should pollute your neighbor's land" is cute and all, but meaningless when there is no teeth to regulation. Libertarianism is nonsensical. Sorry.

You said they were so fundamentally wrong, I took issue with that... Thought I'd see just how wrong they are. But yes, they do support the Bill of Rights... I dont know what being extremely pro-business means, your Dems are taking my money to subsidize businesses they like (and/or accept bribes from) and Libertarians oppose corporate fascism. Sounds like you support the extremists, not me.
                      They believe in selling this nation out to corporations entirely, eliminating all regulation because of the supposed goodwill of "private businesses" (who were responsible for some of the worst catastrophic environmental events). BP, Shell, Freedom Industries (West Virginia chemical spill), exploding manure plant in Texas, etc... all because of weak regulations. Yes, libertarianism is fundamentally wrong and the "free market" itself is a immoral concept without proper and tough regulation. I support the extremists... oh nice one trying to turn it around. Libertarianism is nothing more than economic fascism in sheeps clothing.

It is no accident that the most pristine beautiful countries on earth are ones that regulate capitalism and have tough environmental protocols.

Comment

Most people in Uganda are more reasonable than you.
                        Awesome that you are aligning yourself with this:

Comment

Awesome that you are aligning yourself with this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...empa_n_5213571
                          You just proved my point, and that secularism is ruining this country.

Close this thread.

Comment

You just proved my point, and that secularism is ruining this country.

Close this thread.
                            You are a extremist idiot. I'm so tired of this. Who the hell are you to even post? You should be banned off this site. But I get why they keep you around... you are a comical idiot who provides relief to everyone.

Secularism is ruining this country? How ****ing so?

Comment

You are a extremist idiot. I'm so tired of this. Who the hell are you to even post? You should be banned off this site. But I get why they keep you around... you are a comical idiot who provides relief to everyone.

Secularism is ruining this country? How ****ing so?
                              You're a secularist, correct? People like you have already ruined this country with you constant bull****. People like you and Ming.

Comment

You're a secularist, correct? People like you have already ruined this country with you constant bull****. People like you and Ming.
                                You are a total bull**** artist so you don't even know what you're talking about. You are RUINING this country.

Comment

Working...
                                X